Kennard Hotel

11 Henrietta Street, Bath, Somerset, BA2 6LL, United Kingdom

The Kennard
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• Ideal Accommodation in Bath

Breakfast at the Kennard is a wondrous thing--excellent setting, outstanding quality of food and beverage. Rooms (I had a single without bath) are more than comfortable, with many fine aesthetic touches and attention to creature comforts. Very reasonably priced for the high quality of accommodations. Location is easy for walking to all major sites, and is very quiet. I would definitely make it a first choice for a return trip.

Unique Quality: Garden to which guests have access was lovely even in late autumn.
    Breakfasts are high quality for products used as well as preparation.

Directions: 11 Henrietta Street, Off Great Pulteney Bridge

• Wonderfully Boutique

My wife & I stayed in The Kennard for a romantic weekend away. It was perfect.
    Location: a short walk to the centre and the station
    Room: we enjoyed a beautiful Executive Suite - really large by UK standards and lovely
    Food: wonderful breakfasts, cooked to perfection, great range. We highly recommend the gooseberry chutney!
    Hosts: really lovely, friendly, helpful and warm. Thanks a million!

Stay there!

Unique Quality: Proximity, quality, size, hospitality.

More about Kennard Hotel

Super

by TripAdvisor Member Mebaka

I stayed for a few nights in August 2006 in one of the very few bathless singles. The room was small, but very well appointed and comfortable. The shared bathroom was clean and sparkling. The breakfast was fine, and was served in the nicest breakfast room I encountered during my travels. The location is across the river from the main part of town, which means that it is quiet, yet you are still just 10 minutes away from the center. The street and surrounding areas are beautiful. There is also a coin-laundry about a 10-minute walk away. Note that guests should be sure to let the owner know their arrival time, as I do not think that the owner is on the premises all the time. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

Superb Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member D.Pollock

Have just enjoyed an excellent stay at this well situated hotel. The rooms are very well equipped and beautifully decorated, The breakfast is a worthy benchmark, which too few hotels today currently emulate. In addition, the owners are very helpful in making valued recommendations of things to do in the town. In a word – excellent!

Evrything is Right wih this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lchambliss

This B&B hotel is very comfortable. The location is a very short walk across the Pultney Bridge from the Bath Abbey and Roman Baths. Also within very easy reach are numerous restaurants and of course shops. The location is a Georgian era townhouse row. Hosts are very accomodating and are always willing to offer tips to make your trip a memorable one. They serve a terrific breakfast as well. Our room was very comfortable, if not overly large. Stil, we did not feel at all cramped as I have read about other hotels. the bathroom is modern.

Great Customer Focus

by TripAdvisor Member Roccox

The Kennard is a very nice and comfortable boutique Hotel, very well managed and with a very personalized service from its owners.
The Hotel is extremely clean, with a lovely italian decoration. The rooms, although small, are very well equiped. The restaurant is nice with a great atmosphere and the English Breakfast was superb .
We had a wonderful weekend there and for sure we'll be back again.

Highly Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member babym37

This was my first visit to Bath and my stay at The Kennard Hotel made it a highly enjoyable experience. This hotel is good value for money and in the perfect position for making the most of what Bath has to offer.

On arriving we were welcomed by the extremely friendly and efficient owners who could not do enough for us.

Breakfast was quite simply delicious - my wife still says it was the best breakfast she has ever had.

We will definitely be returning in the near future.

They think of everything!

by TripAdvisor Member robbiedog1

We had a lovely short stay at The Kennard which is a little gem right in the centre of Bath. The room was luxurious and they have everything covered from high quality toiletries and refreshments to free car parking and access to the Playboy Channel! The breakfast was excellent and the hosts Giovanni and Mary very warm and helpful. Perfect for a city break we will definitely use again.

my stay could not have been better!

by TripAdvisor Member shasta0414

The Kennard could not have been more comfortable or more conveniently located. This was my first stop after a long flight from overseas, and I was so relieved I had picked this place. It was so easy to get to - right near the most popular tourist attractions and the perfect place to relax and unwind in and around my sightseeing activities. The owners were very kind and helpful; the room was tasteful and very comfortable; the location is perfect; the breakfast was wonderful. I highly recommend it.

Pretty and comfortable boutique hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Rosemonkey

My husband, mother and I stayed here recently for 2 nights in June 2007. The owners were fantastic - very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is in an ideal location for exploring the town of Bath. It is a boutique hotel which is furnished in a lovely manner - each rooms are unique and have lots of character, as well as being quite spacious. The breakfast they offer is excellent. The only negative things we experienced were the fact that the shower pressure is so low that on the second day my Mum had to wash in the hand basin - they really should install power showers. Also, the breakfast is only served from 8 - 9.15am which is not ideal if you are keen for a sleep in. But otherwise we had a lovely stay and would
definitely recommend this hotel.

Comments