139 Wells Road, Bath, Somerset, BA2 3AL, United Kingdom

Booking.com Priceline.com

• keigwin's Profile Photo

awesome hotel in Bath

My wife and I are very hard to please. This was the best place we stayed at on our recent trip to the UK. It was also one of the most affordable! Served tea upon arrival, showed to room quickly. Room was top notch and slept a family of four in one room- which is rare in the UK. Bathroom was updated, 1st class. Breakfast in the am was out of this world! 10 minute walk to downtown is well worth it. What a find, spread the word, we rarely write positive reviews

More about One Three Nine Bath

Pure luxury at 139 Wells Road Bath.

by TripAdvisor Member Nrooney

We wanted to do something special for our 10 year anniversary and we had originally planned to stay at the Hotel Du Vin in Chelthem, but due to the flooding we changed our location to Bath. It turned out to be an excellent decision. 139 is probably the best B+B we’ve ever stayed at.

Finding 139 is very easy, we came by road along the A36, but if you came by train it’s also easy. Although the hill going up to the B+B is quite steep and you should probably grab a taxi from the station. They have a car park for about 8 cars right outside the building.

We were greeted by Alison (who along with James manage the establishment) and offered tea or coffee in the drawing room. The designer decoration as soon as you enter the building is gorgeous. It really lives up to the name of a Boutique Bed and Breakfast. After a nice chat about Bath and places to see and things to do we were shown our room, we stayed in number 8. It’s on of the two luxury rooms, with a Jacuzzi (it’s a bath sized one). A lovely double aspect room which over looked the garden at the rear. The room was very nice and comes up to the standard of the rest of the B+B. Molton Brown toiletries were very nice and the Jacuzzi was very bubbly. Tea and Coffee making facilities are also provided, as well as a LCD TV (and a smaller one in the bathroom), a DVD player (they have a small DVD library in the reception area next to the free internet Laptop).

The walk into Bath town centre takes about 10 mins and it’s down hill, a taxi back costs around 4 quid. We had dinner at the Firehouse, and the food was lovely and very reasonable. Bath is a wonder town and well worth a visit, we will certainly return and will stay at 139 Well Road again, it was marvellous and for 95 quid the cheapest 5 star accommodation we’ve ever stayed at. Fantastic.

Best B&B Ever!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member lawyer82

My friend and I decided to have a girly weekend away and choose Bath due to its mix of the historical and nightlife. We started looking for hotels and B&Bs and eventually came across this one on trip advisor.

This B&B has undergone major refurbishment therefore please do not read any of the later reviews as they just aren’t relevant anymore.

This B&B was wonderful. The house is old on the outside and elegantly decorated in the inside. It was all so new I had to resist the urge to offer to take off my shoes I didn’t want to spoil the carpert.

Upon arrival we were settled in the lounge and given coffee, maps of the local area and made sure we had restaurants booked. This is a must, for some reason Bath is always booked up for food. We were then shown around the house before being lead up to our room at the top of the house.

Our room was amazing. Beautifully decorated with all the right touches. It really felt like a home away from home (albeit a little more luxurious than I’m used to!) Molton Brown products in the bathroom, tea and coffee facilities, flat screen tv, dvd player, it really was hard to leave!

Breakfast was also outstanding. So much choice and all beautifully cooked and presented. Scrambled eggs and salmon, champagne open for bucks fizz, amazing selection of spreads and jams, fresh juices, it was all wonderful!

We could not fault this B&B nor the wonderful staff who run it. Everything was pristine and you really got the feeling they could not do enough to help you. I would urge everyone to go because you simply will not be disappointed.

Also, we had a peep at some of the double rooms one morning as we were leaving and our room was amazing but those rooms simply made our jaws drop!

Exceptional Experience

by TripAdvisor Member blw52

It's hard to even begin to describe the wonderful stay we had at this small boutique B&B! First of all it has recently been totally redecorated..tones of beige, black and white,it is gorgeous.Furnishing are fairly contemporary, but still warm and inviting. Our family room, which slept 4,was quite large and had a nice bath with jacuzzi tub. But the essence of this place is the service. Crystal and Peter are the consumate hosts. From supplying us with an ice bucket in which to chill wine, directing us to great restaurants, offering to call the pharmacy when our daughter didn't feel well, offering up an unbelievable breakfast, finding rooms for us when our trip to Stratford Upon Avon fell through due to flooding..AND bringing a book to the train station that we had left behind... it was incredible. This is a fantastic, beautiful, warm and friendly place to stay. Don't miss it if you ever get to Bath(which we suggest you do; it was a great town!)By the way, this hotel is now called "139".

Absolutely Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member MKwanderers

This hotel is perfect in every way. The decor is beautiful, the rooms are splendid, the staff can't do enough for you and the breakfast was lovely. We will certainly go back. It would have been nice to have had music in the breakfast room, but otherwise it was the best hotel we had ever stayed in.

Perfect! Wow factor....

by TripAdvisor Member ScottishLass71

Just wanted to say how wonderful our stay was at One Three Nine - we would go back there in a heartbeat!

All I will say is 'never judge a book by its cover'!

This a little gem of a find - the people, rooms, food and welcome were all second to none. We stay at Gleneagles Hotel on a regular basis and put it on a par with there in every respect.

I have no hesitation in recommending this place - to anyone, anytime.

Great service and rooms - worth the price

by TripAdvisor Member whatithinkofthis

Though expensive for a B&B, the experience of staying at One Three Nine is superior to staying at a large hotel in the same price range because of the more personal service. After ringing the doorbell on arrival, the front door is opened and you are welcomed into the lounge and invited to sit down for a chat about the hotel and the local area - this creates a great first impression and provides the feeling that you are staying at someone's home. Apart from the great service, I was also struck by the contemporary decor. I thought this was great but if you're after a more traditional, stuffy Jane Austen type hotel experience then I would avoid 139.
I stayed in one of the luxury bedrooms and the decor was incredible - fresh colours, complimented by quality furniture (including large sofa and four poster bed) and a 32 inch (estimate) flat screen TV on the wall with a DVD player. The bathroom was better quality than a lot of 4/5* hotels that I have stayed in and included a jacuzzi bath and small TV - I think the bathroom TV is more to add to the feeling of luxury than for practical reasons. I tend to sing in the shower (I have the X Factor if you're reading this Simon) so the TV was drowned out. The feeling of luxury is exacerbated by the Molton Brown products and quality linen.
Though on a main road, secondary glazing ensures that road noise isn't noticeable whilst the hotel's location - a ten minute uphill walk from the town/city centre - isn't a problem if you enjoy walking off your afternoon tea. If you are elderly or imobile, or on roller skates, then the walk may be too much of a chore but taxis are cheap so don't let the location of the hotel put you off.
Finally, breakfast was delicious with a buffet selection provided as well as the additional choice of salmon and scrambled eggs, or a cooked breakfast. Again, the service was superb.
In summary, 139 is a great place to stay and worth the price tag - my girlfriend even said yes to marrying me after being impressed by my accomodation choice!!!
A tip on eating out - avoid the Olive Tree as the service is disgraceful! Delicious food but poor waiters and waitresses, especially for the prices charged (food prices on a par with The Oxo Tower in London).

Wow! Will go back whenever possible.

by TripAdvisor Member OperaDiva1981

We booked this through Late Rooms as it was one of the cheapest for a random one night stay, but were absolutely bowled over. The hotel is chic, contemporary but in a beautiful old building. Refurbished in May 07, so really tidy and clean. We had a superior double room with jacuzzi bath and small wall-mounted TV in the bathroom, massive double bed, large flat screen TV on the wall in the bedroom plus DVD and stereo.
When we arrived the manager sat us in the 'lounge' and gave us tea. The lounge is nice enough to want to sit with a book or to have tea if you're staying for a while.
Without gushing too much, I really can't express how lovely this hotel is. Attentive staff with all the little details taken care of making you feel really special. I think our room varies from £85-£130 direct with the hotel and it is more than worth it.
It's not very far to go into town and taxi to the other side of the city centre for dinner was only around £5.
We went to Hudsons, one of the restaurants in the hotel's 'guide' and, it was also fantastic. We're hard to please usually!

Great Service

by TripAdvisor Member FinnDorset

Stayed at One Three Nine on saturday night, found the service to be excellent, very friendly. Our room (3) was a bit smaller than I would have liked for the price (£120.00), but I can't fault anything else about the hotel, it had all the perfect little touches you would expect. The Shower was brilliant. Peter offered us tea in the lounge and gave us a run down of the restaurants. We went to Martinis which was great, if a bit manic.
I would and have recommended this hotel to friends and family.

Fantastic, highly recomended

by TripAdvisor Member cnwestmidlands

I was rather hesitant when we booked because of the title "Guest House", but I couldn't have been more wrong. The building is immaculately decorated and maintained and the staff are all extremely pleasant and helpful. We were celebrating our engagment and promptly upgraded to a beautiful room on the ground floor and we were even surprised with a small bottle of champagne. I can highly recommend One Three Nine and should we ever return to Bath for a visit, we will definitely be booking our stay there.

Comments