Talbot 15th Century Coaching Inn

Floor Levels over the yearsFloor Levels over the years

Bath, EnglandBath, England

Schedule not too tight?

by nabada

My fiance and I are going to visit Bath when we visit London this summer. It'll be only 2 days. As it's such a short time, I tried to fit as much places and activities as possible, but hopefully it'll still not been too tight. Please look over and give me your expert opinions! Thanks!

DAY 1:
Roman Baths
Bath Abbey
Parade Gardens

Day 3:
Our coach bus doesn't leave till 3:25pm, so we were thinking we'd go somewhere? But with our luggages with us, it might not be a good idea. Any ideas of how to spend the day after checking out from the hotel till 3 in the afternoon?

Again, thanks!

by crazyman2

Hi!

Your schedule looks okay!

However, you've missed out THE food experience of Bath: Sally Lunn's. This is THE place to grab a coffee, hot chocolate (Yummy) and (you must have one!) a bun or cake! You may need to queue for a table ---but it is worth it!

Also, there's a great museum just a short taxi-ride outside of Bath.

Have fun!

Kind regards,

Stephen

by kathymof

I agree that the scheule looks fine. Your hotel should have some type of facility for left luggage. That way you won't have to lug it around on day three.

by suvanki

Hi, I'd suggest you consider the FREE tours of Bath which start outside the Pump Rooms Sun - Fri 10.30 and 14.00, and Saturdays 10.30. I was only there for a day, but found this was an excellent way to see most of the sights, and learn about the city.

If you join the tour on your first day @ 1400, You'll get to visit some of the places that you want to see, then You've got the chance to re-visit and spend more time at your chosen places later that day,or on your 2nd day, or see new places.
I'd also recommend Shakeaway for yummy milk shakes and The Pig and Fiddle pub, for Real Ales and pub grub with some unusual choices - ostrich,kangaroo burgers etc.

If You want more info about the tour and these places, please check my Bath page, also check out other VTers pages, for more things to see and do in Bath.
Have A Great trip! Please contact me if you have more questions.
Best Wishes,
Sue

Travel Tips for Bath

Good websites

by Dabs

Tours, including a free one with the Mayor's guides

www.bath.co.uk web site for train and other information about Bath , can design your own walking tour

www.bathpass.com

www.visitbath.co.uk

a magazine article on a 2 day visit to Bath: www.nationalgeographic.com/traveler/articles/1113_bath.html

trains leave London from Paddington Station

Directions to tourist office in Bath:
exit station, walk straight on Manvers Street, turn left on North Parade, proceed past Sally Lunn’s to Abbey Green, turn right on Church Street. TI office is to your right. The Abbey is also a few steps in front of you.
The TI office offers guided walking tours; the 2-hour walking tour required comfortable shoes and moderate energy

There is a walking tour of Bath, sightseeing information, and a useful map of Bath in the book “Day trips London” by Steinbicker.

The web site for the Theatre Royal in Bath is
www.theatreroyal.org.uk

some fodors threads on Bath (there are many more, just do a Search)

Cricket ?

by coceng

Are these men playing cricket ? Looked like that to me.
There are some 'recreational grounds' around Bath where we could see playing soccer, some sports etc etc.
Notice the background of this photo ! The hills are looming in the distance...

Recreation Ground

by barryg23

Bath's rugby ground! Here I am reviving my rugby playing days. Bath are a famous rugby team here in England, and have produced many great players down the years. This year things didn't go so well and they only narrowly avoided relegation.

The Roman Bath...

by coceng

This is a sight just outside The Roman Bath at night...I didn't have the chance to go inside The Roman bath due to the timing I reached Bath : Early evening (Roman Bath closed...) & out from Bath very early morning (Roman Bath not yet opened !) so I have to settle to these 2 photos of sights outside The Roman Bath; Still, it makes for some photo memory for myself !
Love the ambience !

Fabulous butties!

by Rachael71 about The Old Green Tree

The Old Green Tree was recommended to us by the tour guide on our bus tour. It is pretty small inside, but has great character and seemed to be very popular with locals. On the drinks side, there is a good selection of real ales as well as the usual lagers, spirits and soft drinks. Foodwise they seem to cater for everything from light snacks to full meals. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We'll definitely come here on our next visit to Bath. The best sandwiches I can remember in a long time! We went for chicken and bacon, and rare roast beef. The granary bread was cut very thickly, and the meat was very generously sliced - none of your wafer-thin nonsense here! At £4.00 a sandwich they are more expensive than places like Subway, but they kept us going for hours - and you don't get character and charm like The Old Green Tree in a Subway!

Comments