Warminster Rd, Bath, Somerset, BA2 6SH, United Kingdom
Agoda.com Booking.com AMOMA.com

More about Tasburgh House

Bath, England

by LBKesner about Tasburgh House Hotel

Lovely rooms, nice tub, complimentary sherry in the room, etc. "Victorian residence set in seven acres of beautifully tended gardens and meadow park with panoramic views across the Avon Valley. ...the canal towpath provides an idyllic walk into Bath city centre." "All bedroom have been individually decorated and furnished. Each bedroom has...tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryer and a resident teddy bear."

review of Tasburgh house

by TripAdvisor Member GilliC

Very pleasant place to stay. Agree with all the aforementioned positive comments especially the breakfasts. The one negative comment I have on the breakfast is that when we requested more toast it included the heels of the bread which I feel is inappropriate but all in all the food was good and the servers were very pleasant.
The hotel description states "ample parking" which I feel is a bit of a misnomer - we were a party of 5 in one family room but arrived in 2 cars. we were (pleasantly) told that it was "really one car per room" for parking and were given directions to park one of the cars down the street round the corner somewhere. However we ignored that and managed to park both on the property without being in anyone's way and without ever being told to move them but it was a tight squeeze!

There is a lot of work going on in the grounds but that didn't really spoil the pleasantness of the views. The walk down the canal to the town is pleasant but the hill from the house to the canal is very steep!

There were ample tea & coffee supplies in the room along with biscuits & chocolates (although no sherry as someone else had mentioned getting!)

The family room we were in had a small TV and a VCR so it was a bit hard to see from across the room (but I am very short-sighted!)
There was a lot of attention to detail which made for a very pleasant stay.
It is a place worth staying at.

Tasburgh House is THE place to stay if you're going to Bath!

by TripAdvisor Member foodieMinneapolis

The Tasburgh House is amazing. It has a large garden area along a canal with swans. The walk into town is short and beautiful. The rooms are all absolutely wonderful, with four poster beds and a theme to each room, along with beautiful views. The owners of the hotel are delightful, extremely helpful, and wonderful cooks! Breakfast was beautiful in the sunny conservatory. A 10/10 in my book.

A Beautiful Garden Spot

by TripAdvisor Member RTRACY

We recently stayed at the Tasburgh House from July 31 through August 2, 2006. Our rooms were delightful and the breakfast in the conservatory was great. Sue, the owner and charming hostess, really made our family feel at home and Rebecca was most helpful and delightful as well.

We cannot wait to return as we can see that Sue is doing quite a bit of work on her already beautiful house and gardens. Unfortunately for us, the new spa in Bath itself was opening only a few days after we left.

A hotel with a feel-good factor

by TripAdvisor Member hervines

The hotel is on a hill and has great views. It is easy to walk down into Bath (about 20 minutes) and we did not attempt to walk back up. Taxis are cheap (less than £5.00) and can be found at the taxi ranks near Pulteney Bridge. This means you can leave your car at the hotel and not bother with trying to find somewhere to park in town.
The hotel's owner, Sue Keeling, is definitely the hostess with the mostest. She made every effort to make us feel very welcome and is very knowledgeable about Bath and gave useful tips on where to go and how to go about it. The rooms have a cosy feel as does the residents' lounge with its big sofas and fireplace. There is also a pretty conservatory and terrace overlooking the extensive gardens down to the Kennet and Avon canal. It is about 100yards along the canal to reach a bridge to the tow path on the other side which leads to Bath. Lovely walk, but not easy till you get to the bridge. Breakfast in the hotel was absolutely splendid and (although we didn't need it) we liked the special touch on the menu of the special Tasburgh Bloody Mary for hangovers.
Bath is well-documented so no need to mention any of the sights. One thing worthwile is the "Bizarre Bath" walk, which is no so much a walk as an experience. Go for it and get a surprise!
To sum it up: Bath is beautiful, but it's the Tasburgh House Hotel that really made our stay.

Book this one - its perfect!

A friend and I stayed at the Tasburgh in early April. I had read the reviews and was looking forward to staying somewhere a bit nicer than normal. We weren't disappointed - the hotel is absolutely spotless, the decor throughout is tasteful and fresh. The bedroom we had was a good size, the bed very comfortable, the t.v was a high quality remote swivel type - so just lie back in bed turn it on and it swivels to face you - could have played for hours!
I get so fed up with staying in places that profess to give everything and charge a fortune and you come away feeling a bit disappointed and ripped off - that the hotel owners dont really care they just want your money. The Tasburgh is not like this at all it really is the perfect place to stay and every little detail is taken care of. From the starched white tablecloths to the friendly and courteous staff to the delicious breakfasts, the low background music of classic fm to the relaxing and comfortable residents lounge - everything was perfect!!
Dont waste your time looking around for anywhere else.

The Perfect Weekend Break

Everything about our stay at The Tasburgh Hotel was fabulous. From the greeting and wonderfully warm welcome from the hotel proprietor, Sue, to the exquisite rooms each of which are named after an English author... and have a beautiful teddy bear to match. Our bed linens were incredibly luxurious, the views were picture perfect and the staff were charming.

My partner and I were looking for a relaxing weekend away and truly couldn't have asked for anything more - it was perfect. The only down side was having to be at work Monday morning!

Very good with only minor quibbles

by TripAdvisor Member Ropley

Having stayed at the Tasburgh for one night i have returned to find most previous reports were fairly accurate. The plus points are the individual style of the hotel and the efforts made in furnishing & at breakfast. The current building work is not causing any major disruption and will improve the gardens at the rear of the property. The conservatory and the view from it are outstanding.
With such an individual property comes quirkyness. I stayed in room 5 browning and the bathroom looked like it was a converted understair cupboard. Even my size 6 wife found it challenging to stand close to the sink, i myself had no chance and stood side ways on to shave etc.
Other minor quibbles included a broken lock on the first floor cloakroom (to be repaired soon owner says!) and the lack of ventilation in the rooms. One previous report states that the windows had to be left open and the noise from the Warminster Rd then becomes disturbing. This is true and some fans or other air conditioning would be appreciated.
Anyone with walking difficulties or who intend to go to Bath in heels or full length dresses etc should not walk via the rear garden. After a bone dry spell in the UK, my wife and i found the walk at best uneven to the bridge and at worst soggy in places that will take some negotiating in wetter weather. In short, take a taxi or bus unless you are dressed appropriately. Would i go back? Probably. In a city full of expensive hotels the Tasburgh strives to do well and is not as expensive as some. Excellent breakfast, furnishings & views but not 5 star as the RAC rate it. Ps the highly acclaimed Italian restaurant ZAZA in town is located in beautiful surrounding and serves food that dont match it. Bland, undercooked and at times plain awful. If you love good proper italian food avoid!

Nice once you get there

by TripAdvisor Member Kayne

My 15 year old daughter and I spent 2 days at the Tasburgh during a 2 week trip to the UK. Our stay began on a sour note due to a lack of directions in finding the hotel. Upon our arrival in Bath (I had to pay several pounds to park), we found a shopping area that was one block from the train station and telephoned the Tasburgh for directions. The phone was answered by a girl who was unable to give me directions and told me to find someone else to ask. She did have an idea of how to get to the property from a museum that was clearly marked on my map of the city. Unfortunately, the only bridge I could find to get to this part of town was not open for traffic. We ended up driving in circles all over Bath (not recommended for Americans who are still getting used to the narrow roads and lack of street signs that are status quo in GB) for several hours. After seeing several promising looking hotels with Vacancy signs, we called the hotel again and actually spoke to the proprieter. She gave us very clear instructions- though she seemed to be baffled about how we could not know exactly where we were. The room was lovely, though be prepared for those tiny bathrooms, and the grounds will be grand once the construction is finished. The proprieter was extremely gracious and very helpful once we arrived. Definitely Bed & Breakfast over Hotel atmosphere. For the cost, a shuttle to and from Bath and the availability of Wi-fi would have been nice.

Darling B & B

by TripAdvisor Member DebbietheTraveler

My group of girlfriends and I felt terribly lucky to end up at such a wonderful bed and breakfast! We received a warm welcome from the lovely owner, Susan, and were accomodated in beautifully appointed rooms. The sitting areas were inviting and the view was fantastic. The cooked to order breakfast was delicious and served with style by the charming owner. Susan was also quite helpful with arranging taxis and dinner reservations. I would love to return one day with my husband as I know that he too would appreciate the setting and service. I highly recommend this B & B to adults with discerning taste!

Comments