Hatfield Road, Bath, BA22BD, United Kingdom
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about The Hollies

The Best B&B we have found

by TripAdvisor Member Noddies

We have just spent our second weekend with David and Joe in what must be the best B&B we have stayed in.
Right from the start you are made to feel at home, with nothing being too much trouble for the hosts. In the rooms they have thought of everything, from the selection of teas/coffees, hairdryers to the cotton pads in the bathroom.
Breakfast around a large family table is a delight - and one to be savoured - the food is delicious.
Part of the attraction for us as a couple with kids, is the fact that kids are not allowed! Which makes it great for a romantic weekend away.
We will definitley be back.

A Jewel in the the Crown of Bath

by TripAdvisor Member Megan65

We stayed for a long weekend at the beginning of December. The house is immaculate and charming. From the moment we entered the garden we knew that we had chosen perhaps the best B & B in our experience (and we have stayed at a number over the years). David and Joe are very welcoming and it is clear that this is a home, not just a staging post for visitors. The attention to detail is to be commended and Joe's vegetarian breakfast is to be highly recommended.

by TripAdvisor Member booShropshire

Recommended by another member of the family who had stayed some weeks earlier. They had not stayed at the Hollies before but told us about how tastfully the rooms had been decorated and the libery etc..- Our stay was very pleasent - David & Joe made you feel very welcome, the rooms were spotless and very comfortable as they had told us. When you find somewhere like this to stay it is hard to tell others as you want to keep this little treasure to yourselves.
We are looking forward to staying here again.

Paul & Fay - Shropshire

can't disagree !!

by TripAdvisor Member NJNorthEastEngland

I read the effusively positive reviews of 'The Hollies' prior to booking - after all, that's what Tripadvisor is for isn't it ?

I can't disagree !

The place is charming and teeming with fascinating artefacts collected over what has clearly been a full and varied past by your hosts, David and Johari who were welcoming and immediately put us at ease.

The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in whilst away from my own in a delightfully decorated room with a well appointed and spotlessly clean bathroom dedicated for our sole use a step away across a landing.

We shared a traditional English breakfast ( 3 marmalades !! ) and notes about what to do in Bath and its environs each morning with other guests at a traditional English dining table in a room dominated by a magnificent dolls house. David and Johari were also at hand to share their collective knowledge of the area and its attractions.

The previous reviewers aren't wrong ! The Hollies represents excellent value for money, particularly placed alongside some of the competition !!

The Hollies is highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member UkLittleMiss

We stayed for two nights in the Indian Room at The Hollies but wish it had been for longer. The room was amazing, and catered for every eventuality. The little things made a world of difference like the up to date Radio Times and pot full of perfumes/aftershaves.
We came back to our room on the first night to find that the bed had been turned down, curtains drawn and radiator on, which doesn't sound like much but when you've spent the afternoon and evening walking round the Bath Christmas market in December, it was wonderful!
Breakfast was gorgeous and set you off lovely for the rest of the day.
We would definitely recommend staying at The Hollies and we will be hoping to stay there again next year!

Estelle & Gary, Leicester

An Excellent place to stay in Bath!

by TripAdvisor Member UFGator_StAlbans

My boyfriend and I spent a Saturday night at the Hollies and truly loved our experience. After having trouble finding a place that would only take us for one night, I stumbled upon The Hollies website and decided to contact them. David phoned me the next morning and said since it is still early in the month that we could come for one night (most B&B's in Bath have a typical 2 night minimum on weekends).
We arrived in the early afternoon, were able to park our car in the driveway, and were greeted with open arm and smiles from the owners. They showed us to our room, 'The Chinese Room', which was intricate, clean, and had a lovely view of the Garden. They had a packet put together with information we would need for our stay complete with a map and directions on how to find our way to the City Centre. From The Hollies it was about a 15 minute walk.
We enjoyed a lovely afternoon in Bath. I think it is one of my favorite places I have been in England. Lovely, architecture, shops, restaurants and pubs. We found our way to The Rummer which was owned by a wonderful Welsh couple who entertained us the entire evening. We ended up taking a taxi back to The Hollie1s and it only cost us about £5 (very worth the money at 11pm!).
A full English Breakfast was served at 9am. We stuffed our faces with eggs, sausages, bacon, tomato, mushrooms, toast (with homemade marmalade-definitely a British tradition), and beans. The coffee was lovely and the homemade orange juice was delicious.
The Hollies is a magnificent gem and a perfect getaway for anyone. We will definitely go back and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a warm, welcoming place to stay.

Hols at the Hollies

by TripAdvisor Member Azure-Moonbeam

We spent 3 nights at the Hollies and loved it. I was expecting something fairly basic and was very pleasantly surprised at the little gem tucked behind the wall. David and Joe are excellent hosts and make you feel so at home.The lady of the house - Amber the cat, completes the experience with her own personality!

A great place to stay that caters for vegans

by TripAdvisor Member simmonel

My girlfriend and I enjoyed our two night stay at the Hollies. David and Jo made us feel very welcome - they bought soya milk especially for my partner, who is vegan, after I spoke to them before our stay, and the vegetable stir fry Jo made for her breakfast was so good I also had it the following morning.

Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member Sublime9

The B&B was adorable! We loved the entire experience. The bed was incredibly comfortable, the traditional English breakfast was delicious, and both owners were extremely helpful with directions and other details of Bath and our stay. Every little detail was thought of - even a heated towel rack in the bathroom!

A wonderful experience for a great price!

Bath's best kept secret

by TripAdvisor Member Soo40

My partner and I have just returned from a lovely weekend in Bath, we found the Hollies on the internet. David and Joe have turned their home into a wonderful B&B and make a real effort to keep their guests happy. We especially enjoyed the lovely breakfast- my partner is a vegetarian and loved Joe's fabulous veggie breakfasts- stir frys, and mushroom special. It was especially nice since we stayed over Easter weekend and after a great day in Bath came back top find a lovely cuddly bunny and Easter Egg sitting on our bed!!!! The Chinese room is very comfy, lovely soft beds and all needs catered for, even a lit mirror! The house is full of artefacts and interesting objects. It is a 15 min walk to Bath and quite a convenient place to stay away from the hustle and bustle, the walk in and out hel[ps you walk off the lovely breakfast. Well done David and Joe we will definately recommend and probably return.

Sue & Mike