Butlins Resort

LouiseTopp's Profile Photo

Butlins Holiday camp

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 17, 2007

This was my first stay at Butlins and you can see the white tenty thing (known as the Skyline Pavilion) a mile off. Somerset is very similar to Devon and has some of the prettiest countryside in the UK. On entering the large carpark there's plenty of parking and the keys are like little disks which slot into the door which give out a green light to show the door has unlocked. The chalets are nice, we stayed in half board chalets and you can two bedrooms and a bathroom for your money. There are also heaters which can get a bit powerful if left one, they come in handy for drying out towels etc which are not supplied.

Unique Quality: Over from our chalet is the Yacht Club, an eclusive pub like resturant. I havn't seen many people in it but they play muic out of a loudspeaker from 8.15 in the morning until late at night. There's lots to do and the rooms are not far away from the shops or the dining room, there's also a little train which goes round the camp. The only snag is that it can get a bit noisy at night, with late night revellers coming back at 2am from Jacks nightclub. I got some earplugs so it wasn't too bad, but it was nice to wake up to the sound of seagulls, even they call all night long.

Directions: Five minutes from the seafront

DUNK67's Profile Photo

Hi De Hi

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 24, 2004

Butllins is so much more than just a place to stay, it is the whole holiday experience. I first went to Minehead Butlins with my parents because I won a free holiday at Butlins in Barry Island (See seperate tip). Of course things have changed since I first went to Minehead Butlins. Buildings have been updated, in fact the whole centre has been revamped.

In 2009 I went to Butlins twice, although we did go into Minehead a couple of times most of my Minehead page will be about Butlins.

Page under construction

Unique Quality: i

Directions: The main entrance is on the seafront.

Nearby Butlins Resort

• Swimming Pool
  • Free Parking
  • Kitchenette

Minehead Travel Forum

Need advice about Minehead, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Minehead and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Minehead hotel reviews