Octon Lodge

Rank 3 of 41 hotels
in Taunton
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Unreal

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 31, 2011

There was a mix up with my booking via Late Rooms, it had booked twice, it was obvious it was a mistake but no recompense was offered, it was my anniversary and it spoilt the whole stay. We had to pay for four rooms not two. They claimed they had turned people away but it was not full. Very very upset, will never stay again. They also took the money out of our account on 18th December, 10 days before check in - outrageous!!

Apart from that, the rooms are tired, smell damp, creeky and noisy, not at all comfortable, grounds look nice from afar but on closer inspection need a good tidy up. paths are slippy where moss has grown.

I also didn't being stared at by the children behind glass doors when we arrived. Breakfast area very cold, passable breakfast, all paid for but we were made to feel stupid not knowing how it worked.

They have taken money for 8 breaksfasts and only four were eaten and money for light and heat for two rooms that were not occupied.

Sorry but I would not recommend this place - the only bonus is it is in walking distance of the racecourse. Spoilt my 25th wedding anniversary - thanks Octon Lodge!!

Unique Quality: Sorry none

Nearby Octon Lodge

Amenities at Octon Lodge

• Free Parking

Taunton Travel Forum

Need advice about Taunton, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Taunton and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Taunton hotel reviews