Copthorne Sheffield

Copthorne Hotel Sheffield
Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Copthorne Sheffield

Unexpectedly plush hotel in city

by TripAdvisor Member PenguinFun

I searched using a well-known hotel booking site and couldn't believe that this one came up with such great deals. Even better, the pictures on the hotel's website weren't as great as the rooms and the experience that we had in reality. The room was very clean, smart and obviously fairly new. The bed was comfortable - we had a great night's sleep - and large with clean and nice smelling linen. There was a huge plasma screen tv in the wall opposite the bed with a varied selection of channels - all working (unlike a lot of hotels). The staff were all extremely pleasant - although they 'forget' to mention that you get charged for any extras you have, like newspapers. Watch out for parking as on match days, as we found, the hotel car park is packed - check ahead with the hotel for match fixtures. Otherwise, it's easy to find from the motorway. The breakfast is well cooked and was very tasty - one of the best cooked breakfasts I've ever had (and I've stayed at a few hotels over the years - business and pleasure). Watch out for the location though, you may not want to walk from the hotel into town - best to get a taxi unless you're used to Sheffield's slightly edgier areas. Easy to reach the Peak District from here, and not far from the Crucible for the snooker, too. All in all, surprisingly plush and well kitted out for this side of the city centre - the best hotel in Sheffield I've experienced.

excellent

by TripAdvisor Member ippyi

This is a new hotel but the staff were very professional. it is spotless and tastefully decorated and the breakfast was one of the best i have ever had. no charge for parking (we paid £15 in York and £19 in Edinburgh per night} we will stay again.

good value, lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member DotandJim

We booked this hotel from Late rooms, which was great value at £59 for B and B. The hotel is less that 1 year old and adjoins Sheffiled Utds ground, The hotel is close to the town centre but we got a taxi there. The rooms are contemporarily decorated with good fittings and a lovely bed. The reception is 24 hours and you can get drinks at anytime. The breakfast buffet was again very good and the staff were very attentive. With it being next to the football ground there is ample parking, I don't know what it would be like on a match day. I would visit this hotel again.

top location, great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member delltas

My husband is a big Sheffield United supporter and he had stayed here a few weeks before & said how good it was. Really impressive, lovely big room, oh so comfortable bed, modern stylish decor. We had a late snack in the bar one night and the food was great and quite reasonable too. Free parking and wi-fi is a big plus. Will stay here again in the future.

The only place to stay in Sheffield

by TripAdvisor Member dog_3074

I work away Mon to Fri and so have stayed in a lot of hotels - whenever I'm in Sheffield I always stay here; for the price it's incredible and I always look forward to it. The rooms are good sized and the beds are incredibly comfy. It feels luxurious and is far far better than some 5* hotels I have stayed at which cost 2 or 3 times the price. For around £75 you really can't beat it - free internet, good food, great service, lovely rooms: it really does have it all.

It's a great place, can't find fault

First Class

by TripAdvisor Member MartinRyder

Friendly staff, nice smartly decorated room, thick good quality carpets, all the regular extras, comfortable bed and great value at £55 for two. The room was absolutely spotless and well sound proofed. The previous comments are very accurate with the only minor negatives being the slightly narrow bath when showering and rather dark room lighting.

I am a life long (now exiled in Lincolnshire) Sheff Utd fan and I am proud to have a hotel as good as this associated with our club. The hotel remains completely neutral in terms of football and I would highly recommend it to any visiting supporters along with regular leisure and business travellers. There is absolutely no comparison with this hotel and chains such as Ibis, Jurys Inn etc. For the price we paid it is streets ahead. It's a 10-15 minute walk into the City Centre and 20 minutes drive into the Peak District.

Bar prices are typical of a 4* hotel, £7.10 for a pint of John Smiths and brandy + coke. We didn't take breakfast as we prefer Cafe Rouge on Ecclesall Road and we ate out in the evening at the excellent Gordon Ramsey reworked Silversmiths on Arundel Street.

Great Wheelchair Accessible City Centre Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Bunjirabbit

My son stayed here for a week a last month and we stayed here together for one night. Service Superb, Very clean and it's obvious all staff take pride in the hotel. Arrived late at night, very warm welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Good complimentary car parking (a rarety in Sheffield City). In addition the disabled parking bays were only used by disabled badge holders so plenty of room for ramp access vehicle. Accessible room was HUGE and we had 3 wheelchairs in the room and a zbed too which was really comfortable and did not sag in the middle. Accessible bathroom had a wheel in shower, no bath, but again fully accessible with good shower seat against wall. Full air con in rooms.
Gym very well equipped, including half size boxing ring, with staff willing to help and very friendly. Never too busy when we were there. Good music and air con.
Restuarant has just been awarded rose ratings, and menu heavily biased towards fish and vegetarian. Expensive but superb taste and presentation.
We travel regularly to Sheffield and would without question stay there again.
B&B Good value for money. Breakfast was buffet style, but eggs freshly cooked to order in front of you.

Beautiful hotel, excellent staff!

by TripAdvisor Member WestYorkshireLinny

Had a one night stay when attending a concert in Sheffield. Booked well in advance and got a good rate including a shuttle bus to the Don Valley Stadium. From the minute we arrived at the hotel, we were welcomed and looked after by every single member of staff we came in contact with. It was clear that it was busy with lots of concert goers, but service in the bar was still very efficient. Food was lovely, with a good mix of meals on the bar menu. Our rooms were spacious, nicely decorated with very comfortable beds and pillows. Everywhere in this hotel appeared spotlessly clean. Late night service in the residents bar was really good, considering a busload of concert goers arrived all at the same time. When we eventually left the residents bar, the barman gave us a lovely pint of iced water each to bring to our room - very useful! The shuttle bus from the stadium back to the hotel was the only thing that went a bit wrong. It was due to traffic issues and accidents in the area, however it's how establishments deal with things that can make all the difference and the Copthorne was excellent. Once I'd called the hotel to find out what was going on with the bus, a very helpful gentleman called Steve kept in touch with me to give me updates on where the bus was and how we should make our way to it. It was refreshing and very much appreciated. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. It is right beside the football stadium, so no shops very close by, but a quick taxi into town would only take a few minutes.

Immaculate, quiet and modern

by TripAdvisor Member scratchitoff

When we arrived there was plenty of parking . Check in was quick and easy. The room was nicely decorated , immaculate and everything worked properly, unusual for most UK hotels. Although we were on the first floor it was very quiet and the bed was really comfy. The buffet breakfast was good too. The gym is state of the art with brand new equipment .
Although this hotel is not right in the centre of town it really doesnt matter as its such a good place to stay. Will definately stay there again!

Excellent value for money

by TripAdvisor Member wonderdeetje

After having stayed in several other hotels in Sheffield this one's a keeper. Although it might seem more expensive than other hotels in the area it offers free internet access and free parking, so if you stay for 3 nights or more it is just about the same price. The rooms are quite big with the most comfy bed I've ever slept in, a large screen TV, a little fridge and a desk. The bathroom is also nice, but our shower didn't work properly (would not keep a steady temperature). I should have mentioned it to the front desk, but I loved the room so much that it felt wrong to complain... We will return at Christmas and probably every time we visit Sheffield after that.

Rally in Barkers Pool -Nick Clegg 2010Rally in Barkers Pool -Nick Clegg 2010

Saksuka and Hummus at Aspalas, SheffieldSaksuka and Hummus at Aspalas, Sheffield

Mixed Kebab at Radhuni, SheffieldMixed Kebab at Radhuni, Sheffield