334 Glossop Road, Sheffield, S10 2HW, United Kingdom
Priceline.com Booking.com eDreams

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Sheffield

Orchard Square from The Sheffield WheelOrchard Square from The Sheffield Wheel

King Prawn Rezala at Saffron Club, SheffieldKing Prawn Rezala at Saffron Club, Sheffield

Calzone at PopoloCalzone at Popolo

Panoramic view of Fargate from the Sheffield WheelPanoramic view of Fargate from the Sheffield Wheel

Any B&B's in Sheffield City

by irish147

I looked online and cant find too many B&B's in Sheffield, have you been to a BB in the city?

Thanks
Michael

by bonio

a friend stayed at Hillsborough hotel, a family run pub that does b&b as well and several real ales on tap, he said it was OK. In the north of the city but close to public transport.
01142322100 is the number

by leics

Have you looked at

which lists all Sheffield accommodations and/or

http://www.bedandbreakfasts.co.uk/propertysearch.asp?townCity=Sheffield ?

There won't be too many b&bs as such (more guest houses, I think) because Sheffield is not that type of city, but both sites list them.

by doodybee

there is an ETAP hotel in shefield ( near the arena & cineworld and Meadowhall Shopping Centre ) which offers 3 bed rooms at a silly price- if there are more than one of you going

maybe worth looking at and then buying brekkie in a cafe cos i don't think they offer it - premier lodge also have a hotel in the same sort of area - its not central sheffield but trams are frequent from cineworld and the arena.
not exactly what you asked for but at least its another option to look at

obviously both these chains have websites for more info

enjoy sheffield

by edalerichard

Theres not many.
A ring of the tourist ofice will egt yuo the inspected ones.
Noose and Gibbet worth a look.
Theres also canal boats to rent.
Hillsborough hotel, gets lots of good word,and I've drunk there often

by irish147

Thanks for your info.... Off to look for a BB/Hotel in the city now... snooker is not far away

by suvanki

Hi Michael, I hope that you've got your accommodation sorted now (sorry, I've only just come across your query) If not, I'll try and find some other options.
Enjoy the snooker! If you want any more tips on things to see and do in Sheffield, feel free to contact me.
Best Wishes,
Sue

Travel Tips for Sheffield

Me and my brother, sister...

by caprice4u2

Me and my brother, sister and at the back my cousin, don't know where my little brother is?

As a child we used to have a caravan at Flamingo Park (as it was called then) it is now called Flamingo Land,(www.flamingoland.co.uk)

The most vivid memories for me, and my memories are rare but vivid*... were of my $%^ *eccentric* *@ ?genius dad (you know the mad professor type, hair akimbo and 'jesus' sandals)', well of this character launching himself nimbly, into the procupine pen to pick up quills for our benefit,and getting chased regularily by enraged porc's. (*and thats why ;-)

My dad would also climb into the ..(visitors do NOT climb in here places,) shiny warning notices everywhere, some saying YES AND YOU TOO DADDIO!,..anyway, the bit behind the fence where you are nose to nose with wolves...

Alas, they humoured him, by howling and pacing meaningfully, yawning when he wasn't looking :-)...

think they pitied his attemps at being a modern day Dr Doolittle.. and little he did.

Anyway, it was fab, we used to lie in the caravan listening to the parrots, chimps, wolves and other ambiguous animal noises...aaauuuuuu aaauuuuuuu, e e e eh and stuff...(I've always been a great animal impersonator..NOT)

Oh I just remembered something, we had a lady who used to look after us, she was nice, but, how do you say it....she, she... was a bit thick, right I said it, (sorry its the yorkshire subtlety)..

Anyway we were looking at the animals and she exclaimed loudly ..ooooh look at these, never 'eard of these before... ORANGE UTANS...LOL, it is possible to feel totally humiliated by an adult when you are 9, actually its a prerequisite....well I thought it was funny ;-))

The saddest day, (almost) of my life was when we discovered that some nasty piece of work had set fire to the parrot house, and all the birds were killed...

we were very sad and we cried so much, that song 'hey Jude' always reminds me, in fact, you know when you are a kid and you are in a situation when you are not supposed to laugh and of course you are in physical pain trying NOT to.....well we all had this understanding that to stop ourselves from laughing we had to think of this traumatic time in our lives..and then we would bawl and mean it :-))

Oh yes and think about when Chippy our wonderful, deathwish, chipmonk died, but that as they say, is another story folks...

to this day those poor birds death brings a tear to my eye (pathetic aren't I :-))

OH NO... Flamingo Land is NOT Sheffield, sorry I got distracted, but it is in North Yorkshire, near Malton/Pickering. It has changed a lot now and there is less emphasis on the Zoo and more on the amusement park now, (as an adult though I don't condone the caging of wild animals, (except perhaps my dad, lol!)so I won't complain)..the night life is....ummm, think of Butlins and you get the vibe, if not think of Las Americas in my other homepage and its a older relation type atmosphere to that....dubious!

However if you in that neck of the woods, Check out the Yorkshire moors, and you must go to Robinhoods bay, I spent many days in my childhood collecting crabs ( the shell fish variety) from little pools near the sea....innocent and untainted memories.

Packing List

by ZoeB

Depending on where you are staying take a case. Taxis are quite cheap as well so getting to your hotel is not a problem. Warm clothes as in jumpers, trousers especially in the winter. A few lighter clothes if travelling during summer months.

Arts on top!

by EviP

You cannot miss it! The ''Arts Tower''with 78m (255ft) height is the tallest building in the city (and the tallest university building in the UK) and belongs to the University of Sheffield. It houses the Departments of Landscape, Architecture, Biblical Studies, Philosophy and Moderm Languages. It has 20 floors and a mezzanine level above ground, where a glass bridge links the tower with the university main library. Both buildings can be visited during working hours. Have a coffee at the cafe on the 19th floor and enjoy the breath-taking view! Arts can take you higher, or what?

The Site Gallery

by TimMiles

Just down the road from the showroom cinema is this interesting gallery with a nice cafe attached next door to it. It has all sorts of interesting installations in here, usually stuff a little bit different and art from different media, such as video, photos and electronic media. Have a look at their website if you find yourself in Sheffield, and see what's on.

THE CAVENDISH

by Bananz about THE CAVENDISH

During term time THE CAVENDISH is a particular favourite with the many students in Sheffield. During the day, it is full of them eating lunch or playing pool, (many of them skipping lectures to do so!). At night, the place is packed and can be quite noisy, particularly on a Wednesday which is karaoke night! Sundays are a little more laid back as there is a regular stand-up comedy night. On the other nights of the week you'll find good music, an OK priced drink and a lively atmosphere that is great for a fun time, meeting new people and trying out their vast array of shooters. Anything goes

Comments