119 Eyre Street, Sheffield, S1 4QW, United Kingdom

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Pomocub's Profile Photo

Jury's Inn

I stayed in this hotel for business and had a very comfortable stay. The room was fully air conditioned with a TV and the room was very quiet which surprised me as the hotel is located on the main road.
    There is a quiet bar downstairs which serves food and the breakfast buffet serves a mixture of hot food such as bacon, eggs, sausages etc and cold food such as cereals, yoghurts and fruits. There is no on site parking, there is some parking underneath the hotel at the back, you do have to pay for this in advance but the longest you can get is 9 hours. I mistakingly thought I had paid for 24 hours and got a £60 fine.

Wifi is also available at the hotel with 9 dedicated conference rooms.

More about Jurys Inn Sheffield

Great Value for Money

by TripAdvisor Member BayswaterBabe

We stayed here one Saturday night in February. The location is excellent, 5 minute walk from the train station and a short walk from the shops and lots of pubs and bars.

Check-in was fast and efficient. Room was spotlessly clean, large comfortable bed and good flat screen TV. The bathroom was new, quite basic (e.g. no extras just your usual one shower gel dispenser but it looked like a bit more expensive one than the usual cheap plastic ones you can sometimes get). The shower took a little while to warm up but was lovely, powerful and hot after that. There was wi-fi but I think you had to pay for it so we didn't use it.

The only really annoying thing was that each time a door in the adjacent rooms to ours opened and closed, they would slam shut making quite a loud bang and the wall next to the top of the bed would shake violently which woke me up a few times when I was trying to have a lie in.

The hotel was fully booked when we were there and seemed quite busy. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel (which was about £10 extra each) or use the bar but it did look quite busy. We paid £50 for the room (without breakfast) for the night which was fantastic value for money. We would stay here if we came up to Sheffield again.

Good hotel - but watch out for the parking charges!!

by TripAdvisor Member madmol

We stayed here last Friday night (27th March).
I went to Simply Red Concert at the Arena and was meeting our eldest son there. Our youngest is at Hallam Uni so my husband went through to see him and I met up with them later to go out for a few drinks.
The hotel was very nice, new and modern. The room was fine with very comfy bed and nice bathroom. We didn't have breakfast there.
The prices for the food and drink were quite expensive we thought compared to the room prices - but this is often the case.
The parking was the only downfall - It is advertised on the Jurys Inn website (Moor carpark)that it will cost you £4 overnight until 12pm the following day. This is not the case it cost us £8.50 and we were there long before 12.
So beware!!
Otherwise we had a nice time and would recommend it for a short stay and it was pretty central.
PS If you want a cheap breakfast up till 11.30 go to T.J.Hughes - 8 items for just over £3.00 - very good value for money!

Loved It!

by TripAdvisor Member Saschi101

I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel. I paid 49 pounds per night (with breakfast) and for the quality of accommodation and service I received, it was well worth more. The rooms, although on the smaller side, were immaculate and well-appointed (flat screen TV, good shower, mini bar, etc). The staff were friendly and breakfast was of a good quality. The location is good, less than five minutes from the museum and shops. The hotel was quiet at night and beds were comfortable. No negatives that I can think of. Highly recommended.

Ideal for the city centre, but a few niggles

by TripAdvisor Member japitts

We stayed here recently room-only Friday-Sunday for the snooker in The Crucible, and the location and price was absolutely spot on. We turned up having been advised beforehand that parking was in the Apcoa multi-storey opposite at discounted rates, and had no problem with that.

The room itself was as expected - clean, modern, Freeview flat-screen TV. The bathroom was a wet-room so lacked a bath, but I suspect this is (sadly) increasingly common these days. However - no shaver socket. Mine was fully charged so lasted the weekend, but had we been there longer etc.

We were staying room only, so were planning to cater for ourselves at breakfast time - local bakery, Tesco etc. They had an offer on for the weekend, with hotel breakfast at £5 per person rather than the usual £10, which we took. At £5, it was perfectly fair - all-you-can eat cooked buffet with a few cold bits too. But had we paid full-price £10, we'd have been disappointed. No mushrooms or tomatoes for example, and the cold choice very limited. Maybe we've been spoiled with Hilton breakfasts in the past, but still.

We also found out the hard way, that the car-park machine didn't accept credit or debit cards, which did mean a last-minute dash to the cash machine. Not strictly the hotel's fault and maybe we should have asked, but it did leave a slightly bad taste when most NCPs can manage this. The hotel's cash machine in the lobby was also broken all weekend. These things happen - but especially when it's the weekend and there's big events on that are attracting international audiences....

The hotel had in-room internet but it was chargeable (as expected) and I had my mobile-phone-connection with me so used that instead.

Brilliant

by TripAdvisor Member glossyFlintshire

Myself and my partner went to Sheffield to watch the Snooker (amazing). Stayed in The Jurys Inn Hotel and it was fantastic. Will definately be staying here again. Check in was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were great. Very comfy and homely. Very close walk into the town centre. Will definately be staying here again. Overall a great stay.

Excellent service and location!!

by TripAdvisor Member donny84

Stayed at the Jury's Inn in Sheffield with some friends for a night out. We managed to get a room as part of an opening promotion at £20 for the night and we were all very happy with the room we got. Triple room which had been cleaned well, good tea/coffee facilities, smart bathroom and a big hand goes out to the curtains which didn't let any light in during the morning which was a bonus for us all nursing our hangovers!
Location was excellent, just over the road from Plug nightclub where we ended up at the end of the night, so the walk back took literally 2 minutes. Staff were really friendly and helpful and even booked us a taxi down to eccy road for when we went for a meal.
I'm back in Sheffield in a couple of weeks time for my birthday and have no problems recommending this hotel to my friends who are coming through!

Nice Hotel and Very Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member cham3b

Stayed for two nights and very pleased with this new hotel compared with others that we have stayed in Sheffield. Good location with light coloured decor throughout with a nice bar area. The rooms, although on the small side, are very clean with an excellent shower and very comfortable double bed. Breakfast was OK but nothing special but at £60 per night including breakfast for two, this place is hard to beat. The only downside, which is very typical of Sheffield city centre, is the lack of parking. However, the hotel discounts that cost by 50% at the car park down the street (about 200m away). Overall, excellent valuie and would stay again.

Nice Hotel - good staff - oneish hickup

by TripAdvisor Member Beer_Club_for_Men

I stayed for one night while travelling through Sheffield. Room was spotless, well laid out and very comfortable. I had lunch and drinks on arrival which was very pleasant - though I will never get used to warm beer. Young lady behind the bar was very helpful and pleasant as were the front staff.

Two issues struck me - when I got back to the hotel in the early hours - I was informed if I wanted a drink - which I like to do when travelling to "switch off" - I had to go to a nearby night club, (something I haven't done in 20 years) as the bar was closed and there was no residents bar. I also found the breakfast arrangement to be quite expensive - as I tend to be a crossant and coffee breakfast person.

Excellent value, clean and friendly

by TripAdvisor Member magoo101

I booked this hotel on a special offer - £20 per night per room, excluding breakfast. Thought there must be some catch but there wasn't. Check in excellent, staff friendly and helpful. No herbal teas in room but they found me some straight away. Bathroom and bedroom spotlessly clean. You can park on the street close by after 6pm, but can park in car parks opposite before then but need to pay. Breakfast was nothing to write home about - usual buffet stuff prepared in large batches, but hey, who cares, you don't have to eat it, you can go into the city centre if you want something different. Can't fault it really.

by TripAdvisor Member Wibble7686

I spent two nights recently on a celebratory promotion deal of £20 a night and cannot fault the hotel - I was given a disabled room so I had loads of space; the room was spotlessly clean; staff were courteous and helpful, from reception down to housekeeping, all requests were dealt with efficiently and with a smile. Location was ideal for both the city centre and train station with no noise from outside coming in through the night. Highly recommended.

Fargate to High Street from the Sheffield WheelFargate to High Street from the Sheffield Wheel

Sarma Beyti at Aspalas Turkish RestaurantSarma Beyti at Aspalas Turkish Restaurant

Prawn Dansak, rice and garlic nan at RadhuniPrawn Dansak, rice and garlic nan at Radhuni

The Sheffield Wheel by nightThe Sheffield Wheel by night