High Street 1, Alton, United Kingdom, GU34 1AT, GB

George outside Ug LandGeorge outside Ug Land

In an English Country GardenIn an English Country Garden

Traveling from Belfast to Alton Towers

by StevenP99

Hi, i'm wanting to plan a trip from Belfast to Alton Towers for a weekend in March. I am unsure what is the best way and locations to travel to. I dont mind flying from either Belfast City or Belfast International Airports and I don't mind which airport I fly to. If somebody could give me advice on what is the best airport to travel to, and when I get there should I hire a car, get a train or any other form of transport. Any help will be very much appreciated.

regards,

Steven

RE: Traveling from Belfast to Alton Towers

by kbr61263

I would think the obvious choices are manchester or east mids. maybe ry putting them into rac route finder or similar to see what the drive would be like

RE: RE: Traveling from Belfast to Alton Towers

by Sjalen

I don't think Birmingham would be too bad either since you can drive along the motorway to Stoke.

Re: Traveling from Belfast to Alton Towers

by tonks.david

You could fly with ryan air cheap to either East Midlands Airport or Birmingham Airport

From East Midlands - Take the skylink bus to Derby from there take the bus or train to Uttoxeter and there is a bus to Alton Towers from there

From Birmingham - take the skylink bus into Birmingham city centre and take the train to uttoxeter and then the bus to alton towers

There are usualy special offers the trains and buses from birmingham and derby.
They include the return train and bus fairs and entry to the park and are cheaper than an a normal ticket into he park

Travel Tips for Alton

Jump the Queue

by Meadows11

One of the new features at Alton Towers is the Queue Jumper pass. This has become a very popular idea at the majority of theme parks over the last few years, and so if you've been to any others then you should be familiar with the concept. Basically to save time queuing on the more popular attractions you can reserve a certain time to come back to the ride and go in a significantly shorter queue to get on it in virtually no time.

Queue Skip

by Meadows11

One of the newest features of Alton Towers is the Queue jumping facility. This has become quite a popular format with the majority of theme parks around the world, and if you've visited one recently then you should be familiar with the concept. Basically, you reserve a ticket so that you can come back to one of the more popular attractions at a prescribed time, thus significantly reducing queuing times.

Alton Towers, Good the Bad and the Ugland

by Blueflash

"Alton Towers, Good the Bad and the Ugland"

Alton Towers. A great day out.......well, yes and no!
The Attractions are as we know great attractions, Oblivion, Nemisis, Air, Rita etc. So we all pay our money...quite a lot of money (check current rates) and take our chances in the Alton Towers Theme Park.
Firstly, have ever added up the cuing times in the whole day, you will be frightened by the time thats been LOST!! Instead of cuing you might have covered ALL THE PARK, instead your time was tied up snaking your way round a small wood (out of sight of the other vistors I may add, very crafty!).
Ok. Take the four rides above. I cued for at least 40 mins with my family on ALL 4 rides listed. Thats going on for 3 HOURS not in the park but in a CUE!
Must say that I cued on Nemisis for 25 mins to be told it has broken down and because I was not close enough to the end we did not get a "special ticket" to something else??
Alton Towers...I and I assume you just imagine yourself screaming on the rides before you go, but when you get their its like paying to get into a Shopping Mall. Everything and anything if for sale in Alton Towers and I find that very disappointing to see!
Yes I want fast food, like other parks. But all the TAT (rubbish) that is also sold at greatly inflated prices it totally ASTOUNDING.

"To sum it up"

Alton Towers thrill rides are great, my kids loved them (as did most adults).
But when the take up about 5-10% of your time in the park its does not seem very good.
Alton Towers is CUETASTIC, they must have been to Disney Land to check out their bad methods as well.
Tat, junk and add-on fairground novelties EVERYWHERE except the inside of the toilet cubicle (maybe next year).
If you can't get on the rides for ages because there are too many people, entertain me for the money I have spent. Have "street entertainers" like they do in Florida Parks, instead of me wandering around in the British rain feeling ripped-off!
Take or leave it. Well we will leave it next time, rip-off Britain for Florida would be better!
Did I mention you have to pay 4 quid to use the car park, its NOT included in your ticket.

You all have a nice day now!

Alton............. Towers

"Family Fun"

I'm sure that Alton is a very nice town or village or whatever it is, but I'm afraid that there is only one reason that the tourists flock in to this small resort. That reason is Alton Towers, Britain's leading theme park, and one of the few European parks that can match up to American big guns.

Don't expect a great deal of culture or art, but do expect a lot of fun for all the family!

Amusement Park and gardens

by Sjalen

Say Alton Towers to any English child and his/her eyes will take on a special glow. One of Britain's most popular amusement parks is hidden away in the Staffordshire countryside. But the "towers" in the name actually comes from this wonderful Victorian palace (today a shell only) designed by August Welby Northmore Pugin. The very excentric 15th Earl of Shrewsbury who owned the land founded the wonderful surrounding gardens. During the war, the Towers was used by the army, but handed back 1951 and in 1980, the theme park was finally founded.

Comments