The Green, Barlaston, Stoke-on-Trent, ST12 9AE, United Kingdom
Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

More about Stoke-upon-Trent

View from wheelView from wheel

eyup duck!eyup duck!

Travel Tips for Stoke-upon-Trent

Mow Cop Castle

by M.E.R.V

The highest point in Stoke-on-Trent offers magnificence views over the moorlands. On a clear day, you may even see the city of Manchester from the peak. The familiar sight here is of course Mow Cop Castle but all's left is a tower of ruins guarding over the hilly terrains. It was built over 250 years ago as a watch tower. Gorgeous building but watch your steps on the rocky path leading up to it.

Home For Chinaware

by Bix10

"My Visits To Chinaware Factories"

I was told of this place by my cousin. Although, she's never been to Stoke On Trent but it seems to be a popular place among the ladies and Asians looking for branded Chinaware such as Wedgewood, Spode, Royal Doulton and such.

I drove up north along the A1, which leads to M1 and exit to switch to M6. All in all, it took 3 hours for me to reach the place from London. I followed the GPS Navigation system and I must say, it does feel very far.

The first Factory shop that I went to was Spode. I took my mother, my sister and my cousin along and they sure loved it. My mother's a big fan of Spode and was anxious to see as we heard that the price can be as low as GBP 1. However, the ladies whom I drove was a little dissapointed that the factory shop was rather dull and didn't offer the prices as mentioned by others but it was indeed a nice place to visit. I took quite a handful of pictures of the place, especially the one with the big Spode logo at the parking lot.

We then head to Wedgewood Factory shop, which is nearby. With the help of the navigation system, we got there quickly. This place is much more lively but we got there at 16:00, which is just an hour shy from closing time. We didn't manage to shop properly for Chinaware.

I then heard from some Malaysian friends that most of them bought their branded chinawares at Stoke on Trent. I must say that it is indeed a popular place to shop for these brands. It's worth a visit. I wanted to head to Freeport, which is a Factory outlet stores but didn't make it. Another time perhaps.

"Besides Chinaware?"

Apart from the infamous chinaware shops and factories, Stoke On Trent has Freeport, which is a factory shopping outlet. I didn't have enough time to go to Freeport as I was occupied with Spode and Wedgewood factories and had to drive a long way back to London. However, from the website, it says that they have a fairly decent shops to shop there. So, if you have the time to spare, head there.

The picture below is not of Freeport but it's some sort of a weld at Spode Factory.

You duckys alright?

by M.E.R.V

"The Potteries"

Stoke-on-Trent is a unique Great British City made up of six separate towns; Tunstall, Burslem, Hanley (the City Centre), Stoke, Fenton and Longton - affectionately known as "THE POTTERIES".
Home to the world's greatest pottery manufacturers like Wedgwood, Royal Doulton and Moorcroft, the city boasts visitor centres, ceramic museums and factory shops.

"Robbie's home too!"

Stoke is also home to one of the most famous name's in the music industry. Yes! It's Robbie Williams.

Comments