Gungate Hotel

PandemoniumPandemonium

Travel Tips for Tamworth

Tamworth

by kayleigh06

"Now my new home... for now!"

I reported before that Tamworth was a place that I visited for only a few reasons - that I have family that live just outside of the town and that Drayton Manor Themepark (and Zoo) - see tips - are here.

Well, this is now my home! I actually live in Wilnecote, Tamworth (see Wilnecote page for the odd one or two tips).

Having lived in Birmingham all my life I thought that Tanmworth was too quiet and too much of a slow paced life for me. Well, this true... but I have got used to it now and I much prefer it to the hectic lifestyle's of Birmingham!!

It is a nice place to come and visit with it's market stalls in town and it's small shopping centre (Ankerside). It has a castle in the town (not many places can boast about that!!) and as a lot of walks around the area in which you can take a stroll around anytime you like.

Also - one of the main attractions here is Tamworth Snowdome in which you can practise any winter sport here from ice skating to skiing. Plus, on the sporting side, it's home to the Belfry - which many of you will have probably heard of for hosting the Ryder Cup 4 times.

It's worth a try - you may prefer to the mainstream hustle and bustle of Birmingham. On the other hand, if you do want to do a lot of shopping but want the quiet life then you can always jump on the train from Tamworth town centre direct to Birmingham City Centre which only takes 20 minutes.

Comments