Lattice Lodge Guest House

499 Woodbridge Road, Ipswich, IP4 4EP, United Kingdom
Lattice Lodge
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Ipswich

Hollow Trees Farm Trail.Hollow Trees Farm Trail.

The famous Portman Road stadiumThe famous Portman Road stadium

My good old friend Philip IIMy good old friend Philip II

Orwell Bridge spanning the River OrwellOrwell Bridge spanning the River Orwell

Travel Tips for Ipswich

Odeon Cinema

by Carnation

This is a modern building and you really cant miss it as it is situated on the busiest stretch of road downtown. The cinema houses many screen rooms and is equipped with surround sound and so there is always a variety of movies to choose from. A night at the movies is slowly becoming popular once again.

Ipswich Town, Sir Alf Ramsey and Sir Bobby Robson

by Airpunk

Although Ipswich’s reputation was quite low in the twentieth century, there is one field where this Suffolk town gained considerable respect at this time. Ipswich Town was one of the leading clubs in English Football in the 70s and early 80s. This was preceded by Ipswich’s sole Football League Champions Title in 1962. The manager of the victorious team was Sir Alf Ramsey, who was Ipswich’s coach from 1955 to 1963. Later on, he went on to lead England’s Three Lions to its sole World Championship in 1966. Another famous Ipswich manager is Sir Bobby Robson who won the UEFA cup, one of the highest european club titles, as Ipswich’s manager in 1978. He also later became manager of the english national football team. So, it is no wonder that football still plays a great role in Ipswich’s culture. Look around the stadium and see the statues of Sir Alf and Sir Bobby. And if you plan well ahead, why not visit a home game of Ipswich Town?

Rediscovering my Roots

by phred1910

"You can go home again..."

From the moment I stepped off the plane at Stansted, I felt an unnatural calm come over me...and a distant voice welcoming me home. I will always consider myself American, but there is no doubt after this visit that a part of me is British.

"A past revisited"

Visiting the church where so many of my relatives are buried was in someways an overwhelming experience. Listening to my relatives tell stories of the people long since dead was fascinating - and I could only imagine that somewhere the people we discussed were smiling that I was home again...

"A future reconnected"

The joy on my grandmothers face was priceless as I walked through the entryway - it is a picture I will never forget...The weekend is over, but the memories will remain..

Comments