Seven Hills Road South, , COBHAM KT11 1EW

Satisfaction Average

Costs 37% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Janani's Profile Photo

A Lovely Place to Stay

My aunt's wedding reception was held here and, like many of the other guests, we booked a room for the night too and everyone planned to meet up for breakfast the next day, before setting off home, which was a nice way to end a wonderful occasion. My aunt mentioned several times how helpful she had found everyone working there and our experience of the staff was the same.

The hotel is tucked away in a very quiet location surrounded by woods and we were able to have some of the wedding photos taken in the grounds too, which provided a lovely setting for them. Our room was not large but very smartly furnished and comfortable too with a nice bathroom and I was pleased that it had a good sized window to let in plenty of light.

Now I am not absolutely certain but I think the food we were served at the reception was from the menu of the hotel's restaurant and it was considered to have been very good by everyone I spoke to. It was also accompanied by some nice wines, which again were from the restaurant's wine list. After dinner my mum and I stopped to enjoy a couple of giant pots of herbal tea accompanied by shortbread biscuits in the relaxing atmosphere of the hotel's cafe-bar, just behind the reception area.

The breakfast was marvellous too. I can only describe the variety available by telling you that I had trouble finding my way back to our table by the time I'd made my way round the buffet! The bread was delicious as was the coffee although they seemed to be rationing the individual jam portions allocated to each table.

If it sounds like I did nothing but eat during my stay, I should point out that I did make use of the hotels health club facilities prior to breakfast. The pool has an interesting device that spouts a jet of water away from the wall, underneath the surface, enabling keen swimmers to swim vigorously towards it without moving at all. I investigated this from the vantage point offered by the raised bubbling spa pool, then visited the sauna too but had no time to look at the gym before breakfast

Directions: One mile from the M25, Junction 10 and just off the A3. One mile from Cobham and Weybridge town centres, both of which are well served by trains departing from London Waterloo.

Comments