Egerton Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XZ, United Kingdom

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn Guildford

pubOtel

by Bjorgvin about The Holroyd Arms

It is easy to find accommodation in Guildford, such as small B&Bs near or in the centre. Holiday Inn Guildford (***) has to be a solid choice, only five minutes by bus or taxi from the town centre and central station. So are hotels like the more expensive Jarvis Guildford (***) in Upper High Street. I decided to stay at a B&B Accommodation (**) situated just outside the town centre and it turned out to be a good choice in my opinion. In a separate building behind the pub are 8 spacious rooms. The rooms all have private bathrooms and colour TV. Breakfast is served in a room next to the main pub and kitchen. Service is friendly and personal. The neighbourhood is quiet.

The interior of the restaurantThe interior of the restaurant

Guilldfest 2007Guilldfest 2007

Harpers nite clubHarpers nite club

The Good IntentThe Good Intent

Travel Tips for Guildford

Go to Godalming, a town 3miles/5k from Guildford!

by alien_species

A useful travel tip re Guildford ?

Easy ... Go to Godalming ... it's way better !

Please have a look at my homepage section for info and pictures of Godalming !

There will probably be no further updates though, as I am sure that I will have upset someone in Guildford, and I go there regularly!
I will have to adopt a fiendishly cunning disguise ...

Hiking on the North Downs

by barryg23

"Guildford"

Guildford was the starting point for our hike on the North Downs to Farnham. We took an early train from London and had a quick look around the town before heading off on our walk. The North Downs Way passes very close to Guildford so it makes a good base for the hike. I’d like to have spent long exploring the town but as we had 14 miles ahead of us our time was limited. From what we saw of the town it seemed like a nice, relaxed place and I’d like to come back and see more.

Guildford, Surrey: with the fringe on top.

by CitizenTed

I spent a few days in Guildford and enjoyed the place quite a bit. It's not a historical center like Bath, nor is it a cultural mecca like London. It's just a friendly small city that runs at a jog. I stayed in a small BnB (The Hampton - no, not the American conglomerate). The elderly owners gave me great advice. I toured the city on foot. By luck I chanced upon the grave of Lewis Carroll, and each evening was spent in pubs with some very nice people. Guildford is short on castles and whatnot, but it's a livable city. If you want a place to wind down from London, it's a good choice.

WEY BARGE SYSTEM - SURREY

by zuriga

"19 Miles of Walking!"

Here are some photos taken along the long, Wey Navigational System. It's easy to drive from one area to another, stop at a pub, and then continue walking some more. The scenery varies, but it's all quite bucolic and beautiful.

Comments