Manor House Hotel Guildford

See Amenities
DAO's Profile Photo

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 16, 2015

When I found out I would be working in Guildford, I started searching for a quiet room. WOW! This place has it all. When the taxi was driving through the countryside he finally arrived at a collection of buildings in the middle of nowhere. I like nowhere when I need a quiet night’s sleep. The Manor House Hotel did much better than that. I arrived early and was greeted very warmly. I asked for a quiet room and they assured me they all were. I was given a room at the top and rear of the hotel with a window looking out over trees and fields. My beds (I had 2) were comfortable, my bathroom modern and very comfortable.

As I had arrived early I went down to the gym for a run. After that I was in the swimming pool for a few laps and then into the deep, hot Jacuzzi. Heaven! I was so relaxed I had to go for a nap before dinner. I started, as one does, in the nice Squires Bar for a pint and then into the restaurant for an excellent meal. I took a table looking out the front of the hotel and its gardens. I was able to watch rabbits running around outside why I had a delicious meal and some very nice wine.

In the lower section of the hotel they were hosting a massive wedding reception in their function room. Despite the loud music, none of this filters back to the rooms due to the excellent layout. For the price, this is a fantastic hotel. I liked it so much I came back a few weeks later. They even put me in the same room. An excellent place to stay, sleep, eat, drink and relax.

Unique Quality:

• 52 non-smoking rooms
• The hotel is absolutely quiet
• Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel
• Indoor pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, gym, full Spa
• Excellent restaurant and bar
• Free car parking

• Quiet, reasonable beds, all en-suite
• TV, radio, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, free bottle of mineral water
• Free Wi-Fi
• Full English Breakfast, fruit and cereals (extra charge)

• Squires Restaurant and bar – international menu

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Guildford Travel Forum

Need advice about Guildford, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Guildford and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Guildford hotel reviews