Woodbridge Meadows, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1BD, United Kingdom
Orbitz.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Guildford

Closer to the alterCloser to the alter

17th Century Guildhall Clock17th Century Guildhall Clock

The shop frontThe shop front

The riverside walkThe riverside walk

Travel Tips for Guildford

Hiking from Guildford to Farnham

by barryg23

On a beautiful spring day we walked from Guildford to Farnham, along parts of the North Downs Way and through some scenic Surrey countryside. Farnham to Guildford is often considered the first leg of the 153 miles long North Downs Way. We didn’t keep strictly to the North Downs Way as we were following a guided walk from the book “Country Walks near London Vol 2”.

The walk was 14 miles in distance and it took us about 7 hours. We stopped for a long break in Puttenham, a small village at the halfway point, while we wasted a whole hour trying to find the correct path in the woodlands after Puttenham. The walk was fairly flat most of the way but we were still exhausted by the time we reached Farnham and the last few miles seemed never ending. After reaching Puttenham we went for a much needed pint and meal in the Nelson’s Arms on Castle Street.

Abbot’s Hospital

by Bjorgvin

Guildford’s most famous son is without doubt George Abbot (1562-1633). He was Archbishop of Canterbury from 1611 to 1633 and before that he was Bishop of Coventry and Lichfield and Bishop of London. He founded Abbot’s Hospital (almshouse) on High Street just opposite the Holy Trinity. He was buried at The Holy Trinity in Guildford where his tomb can be seen.

Guildford

by andrewyong

While on my way to Portsmouth, the bus I was travelling in stopped by The University of Surrey in Guildfor. It looks like the university dominates the area as I didn't see any other outstanding landmarks around.

Guildford Surrey, A lovely university town

by Xdrive

"Introduction to my univeristy town, Guildford"

Guildford is only thirty minutes by rail from London and just a short drive from the M25 but it has maintained its individual character, its rural villages, riverside walks, gardens and historic buildings.

Yet the town provides an excellent range of shops, in a delightful setting, which are the envy of the region.

I studied my first degree in the university in this small town. A lot of good memory here. This is a nice town, although not many tourist, but very nice town to have one day break there.

"Romantic spot"

This is my favous spot in Guildford, I remember, in the summer time, I went there with my boy friend and sit beside the river. enjoy the sunshine. bird sing, smell the fresh grass. lovely.

Comments