Premier Inn Sunderland - West

Wessington Way, Castletown (formerly "Travel Inn"), Sunderland, SR5 3HR, United Kingdom
Premier Inn Sunderland A19/A1231
Priceline.com Booking.com

More about Sunderland

That's my son at the frontThat's my son at the front

Simply MAJESTICSimply MAJESTIC

Braeside guesthouse, Sunderland (near university)Braeside guesthouse, Sunderland (near university)

ActionAction

somewhere to stay,Great North Run weekend !!!!

by BLUENOSEBEAR

hi people

My best mate is entered in the great north run and myself,wife and his wife want to show our support and travel up and stay for the weekend.
I know its late to be trying to organise somewhere to stay but there is absolutely nothing I can find that is not ridiculous in price.
Anyone know of any local guest or b & b's that are available at all ??
There are 4 of us,travelling up Saturday 19th and back again Monday.
I have spent the last few nights trying to sort something but have had no luck at all
Any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

the bear

by zuriga

Check with www.smoothhound.co.uk. They usually have a lot of B&Bs listed for almost anywhere in the UK.

by BLUENOSEBEAR

cheers for that,I am on it now !

the bear

by zuriga

I've always liked the Smoothhound site because they usually have photos to go along with the names. I used it even before I lived in England!

P.S. I used to know a fellow from Corby years ago, so I know just where you are.:-)

Travel Tips for Sunderland

Mackems, not Geordies!

by Beefy_SAFC

Sunderland People are called Mackems (see my Sunderland page for more) and should never be called Geordies. That title belongs to them up the road (Newcastle). I got my degree there, also support Sunderland AFC which can be a pleasure or a pain, depending on the result.

Industrial Archeaology

by steventilly

More or less opposite the Souter Lighthouse is the remains of a group of lime kilns. Used to burn limestone to produce lime for use mainly as a fertilister and soil improver, these date from the late 1800's. The coal for the kilns came from any number of local collieries, all now gone.

Sunderland the largest city in the north-east

by rob-craig

"Sunderland -this is where i was born"

With 292,000 inhabitants,the city of Sunderland is in fact the largest in the north east of England being slightly larger than Newcastle who is 276,000 in number.
With fantastic nightlife,superb shopping facilities,a 48,000 seater football stadium,beautiful parks,winter gardens,a new purpose built marina ,fantastic clean beaches,the national glass centre and a modern transport interchange you will be spoilt for choice as what to do first

"another super vista"