Pullman Lodge Hotel

Whitburn Road, Seaburn, Sunderland, SR6 8AA, United Kingdom

The Pullman
Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

• The Pullman perfect platform for a great weekend!

Well after a mixture of reviews that I have seen i was a little nervous about staying here. I must say though I stayed on Saturday 24th July for Sunderland Air Show with my wife and it was excellent. On arrival I was concerned as the hotel accomodation is actually a lodge which is seperate to the hotel reception.

You have to wander about a little as signage to the reception is not the best but it did not really take long to find. It would help to know what the opening and closing times. I asked if the hotel was 24h and the reception said this is something which is happening soon but not at the moment. So check this out before you book if you are planning on getting room service!

I opted to upgrade my room to the club room which cost £20. The room was newly decorated and furnished. Modern Bathroom, spacious, comfortable seating with a flat screen tv. There was a hamper in the bath room with lovely soaps etc so my mrs told me! The room has bath robes and slippers which was a nice touch. Nice double bed which was clean. I could not complain about the standard of this room and was happy to part with the £75.00. asking price.

Out the door and across the carpark is a wonderful fish and chip restaurant called Lowrys. Superb food and modern restaurant with leather seating. Staff were so friendly and the Whaler defeated me on this occasion!

The hotel which is set in one of the old and original oriental express carriages i think it is called Saphire of something and was built in 1921 adds character to the place. Reception friendly but sometimes a little slow and seemed un-organised but generally happy to help. I needed an iron which they got to me in good time. Shame the hotel does not offer news paper service and such like but a short walk up the road and I found morrisons.

The bar was open in the seaburn suite but I am unsure if this is just for Air Show as it looked like it was being set up for a wedding. Gorgeous room and if you can you must see it, if we decide to get married again my mrs says this is the place, panoramic sea views.

Car Parking is plenty so know need to worry and it is easy to get to.

Unique Quality: Excellent Location
    Newly furnished room
    Club room option
    Flat screen TV
    digital clock
    very clean
    excellent bathroom suite
    Friendly staff
    Excellent fish and chip restaurant adjacent
    100 yards and you are on the beach, award winning sea front!

Directions: Whittburn Rd