Warwickshire Hotels

Our Members Say

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 5137

Premier Inn Rugby North (M6, Jct 1): GREAT PLACE TO STOP - RUGBY

This is an excellent budget hotel for travel or business. It is located right on the M6 and is not too far from the M1 and the M5. I stayed in room 19 (recommended). It was a corner room at the back of the hotel and absolutely silent. My room was big, had a sofa, desk, coffee/tea and plenty of closet space. Even a full length mirror. Downstairs is a full Brewers Fayre pub/restaurant with a large menu and reasonable food. I had a great nights sleep in a good bed and a quiet room. With free parking, quiet surroundings and the price – this is an excellent business hotel.

• Quiet (ask for a room on the back)
• Brewers Fayre Restaurant & Pub (economical and good menu)
• Large rooms with good beds
• Coffee/tea making facilities
• Free car parking
• Conference facilities for up to 20 delegates

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written August 11, 2015
Tip Photo

Premier Inn Rugby North (M6, Jct 1)

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 5137

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

I had the pleasure of staying here for business over 3 days. I had an upgraded room that was over-sized. Not that I am complaining. My king sized bed was very nice and I enjoyed running around in my robe and a very nice hot bath. I asked for a quiet room and was given a corner room at the back of the hotel overlooking the nice gardens. Everything was perfect from the staff, to the food, to all the nice things in my room. I had plenty of closet space. In fact I just had a lot of space. This is an excellent hotel in a quiet countryside setting and ideal for a business conference. Nothing was a problem during my stay. Absolutely perfect. The Chesford Grange Hotel is highly recommended by me !

• 205 spacious bedrooms
• Amazingly quiet (17 acres of private grounds and woodlands)
• Full spa and leisure facilities
• Free Wi-Fi
• Guest library and games room
• Conference and meeting rooms for up to 700 people
• Free car parking
• 13 miles from Birmingham Airport

All bedrooms are large with contemporary décor, free Wi-Fi, bath & shower, Tea/Coffee making facilities, trouser press, hairdryer, safe and TV. Many of the ground floor rooms offer doors onto a terrace area. There are 4 categories of rooms:
- Standard Room
- Superior Rooms – add £20 per night, per room
• Air-conditioning
• Bigger rooms with 32" LCD TV and fridge with free mineral water
- Q Star Rooms – add £35 per night.
• A complimentary newspaper of your choice
• Robes, mattress toppers
• Drinks package and hospitality tray in your room on arrival
- Suites – add £80 per night
• 2 Air-conditioned suites with hand-etched glass headboards
• Separate lounge areas
• Beautiful flower arrangements, bathrobes

• The River Room Restaurant (International)
• Terrace bar

• Indoor swimming pool, poolside heated loungers, steam room.
• Health Club

• MikeBird profile photo MikeBird
  • Reviews: 410

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Studley Castle: Not a Castle for Kings or Queens

We thought the photos on the website made it look an interesting building and we wanted to find a hotel located in the countryside so this Best Western, located about a mile out of the small town of Studley in the west of Warwickshire seemed ideal. Actually the hotel was perfectly fine and adequate and we did manage to get an exceedingly good rate for bed and breakfast but I think if we had paid the full rates we'd have felt somewhat disappointed.

The standard room was really quite small, although its bathroom was larger than expected. The bed was perfectly comfortable and the room was warm and the locks secure. Sadly there was no chair in the bedroom apart from a dressing table stool. There was plenty of hot water and we did eventually receive the promised bottled water. So the important things were catered for. However as a weekend break retreat the place seemed to lack character despite the large lounge, the tall tower near Reception ( we thought it looked like a water tower) and the high ceilinged dining room.

The evening meal we thought was overpriced at £18.95 for the main course however the buffet breakfasts were very good.

On the whole we enjoyed our stay but I guess we had hoped it might have been a wee bit more luxurious. Never mind with our discount it was really good value for money.

• Written March 29, 2010

Main entrance and tower of Studley Castle

• zuriga profile photo zuriga
  • Reviews: 466

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

CHESFORD GRANGE: Luxurious Weekend Getaway Spot

The Chesford Grange is conveniently located in Kenilworth - just down the road from Warwick and not far from Leamington Spa or Stratford. Although the luxury rooms are not huge, they are very modern and come with a lot of nice amenities such as plasma TVs and a large bathroom. There's a health spa and pool, plus an excellent dining room where we had a delicious dinner. The service was excellent at the hotel with a gracious staff. My only complaint was that the breakfast was way below the standard necessary for such a 3 or 4 star hotel with a fairly expensive room rate. They need to improve that meal. The hotel has a lot of special deals so it's good to ask about those.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Family Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written July 12, 2007
Tip Photo

• acprincess profile photo acprincess
  • Reviews: 8

The Farmhouse: World's charmingest Bed and Breakfast

We had been hiking on a rainy day, and were cold and wet. Eileen, the proprietress, brought us in, ignoring our muddy hiking gear, and warmed us up with hot tea. She showed us to a large comfy room and a warm bath. Then she reserved us a table at the pub (the Red Lion) down the road where we had a delicious dinner. The Farmhouse is a working farm. Eileen and her husband Peter have cattle (slightly off-site) and dogs on the porch. Her breakfast includes eggs from her own hens and sausage from the butcher down the street. They were local-vores long before the word was invented. Everything was delicious and Eileen and Peter were the most gracious hosts in the world. The B&B is completely charming and I would go back in a heartbeat.

The town (Long Compton) is as cute as towns get, with lots of old Cotswold-stone buildings. The countryside is gorgeous, with lots of good walking (It's on the Cross-Cotswold trail).

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Hiking and Walking, Farm Stay
  • Written July 9, 2007
Tip Photo

• kirsty_lamb profile photo kirsty_lamb
  • Reviews: 102

Avon Guest House: Fab B&B in Warwick

Fantastic Service from booking to checkout. The room was very nice (not huge bathroom), and breakfast was lovely. About 10 -15 minute wl to the tow centre and 5-10 minutes to the Train Station. Certainly would stay here again.

Fantastic Service

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Singles, Seniors
  • Written August 31, 2006

• AtomicPuppy68 profile photo AtomicPuppy68
  • Reviews: 12

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ettington Chase 4*: Conference centre

Set in enormous, well-kept grounds, this hotel is actually a conference centre as well. It therefore lacks a little character, but is clean, friendly and has a swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, as well as a therapy centre for massage etc. It is 5 minutes walk from the village of Ettington, where there are 2 nice traditional pubs, serving good food...one is Chequers and one is the White Lion.
Comfortable beds, clean, overly powered shower which kind of sand-blasts you clean, TV, tea and coffee making facilities (ie kettle and cups and spoons!).
Very nice buffet style breakfast.
Cost me £60 per night for a double room in Sept 2005.

Beautiful grounds, swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi.

• Opinion of Price: N/A