Holiday Inn Stratford-Upon-Avon

Bridgefoot, Formerly Stratford House, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6YR, United Kingdom

Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• 5 star for £39

We stayed outside town in the express holiday inn at Redditch. Amazing price as 4 share a room with free breakfast for just £39. Meals are lovely too and not too pricey. Room was huge and hotel better than 5 star. Highly recommend it. Close to Stratford and Birmingham.

Unique Quality: No facilities. Spotless , lovely large room.

Directions: Need good map as tucked away in town

• kevarms's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon

Situated in the middle of Stratford, this hotel is perfect if you want to see the town. Rooms are clean, staff efficient and helpful. We did not use any of the hotel facilities and we went out for the evening, but I would not have any hesitation staying here again. The one downside was having to pay £5 for over-night parking.

• scott_txguy's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn Express

Halfway between Warwick and Stratford, off the M40. It is fully modern american hotel and a sharp contrast from the usual british bed and breakfast or hostel that I was used to. It was about 35 pounds. It's kind of remote. Normal people would not want to walk there from the train station. take a cab or drive a car.

Unique Quality: Not terribly unusual. I hiked with pack from the stratford train station to warwick. it started snowing. this was the first place I came to. It was pretty funny stumbling in after hiking several miles, and traveling on trains all day. The staff was pleasant though.

Directions: (M40 junct15, follow signs A429
    to Warwick. Take 1st turning on right)

More about Holiday Inn Stratford-Upon-Avon

Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-avon (was previously the Moathouse)

by TripAdvisor Member romeoandjuliet

I use trip advisor a lot and rely sometimes on the information given by others, so I will do my best to be informative!
(I really don't understand the need to use these reviews to complain about all the little things, so I wouldn't take too much notice of previous negative reviews, this hotel was great overall!)

We have never stayed in a chain hotel yet that doesn't have a dripping tap or shower or wonky toilet seat, these hotels provide rooms on mass and not individual luxurious personal touches! This hotel however was definatly one of our better experiences!

I would rate this hotel between fair-high standard, and once the refurbishments are complete it will be excellent. The hotel overlooks the canal, and is a 2-5 min walk into the town, carparking is ample, and breakfast was organised and plentiful with a great deal of choice. We were put accidently into a smoking room but were quickly moved into a fresh smelling non-smoking room overlooking the canal.

Book this hotel if you want good value for money and a central location, good breakfast and friendly helpful staff. Minor points, until the refurbishments are complete, yes there are rooms which need updating, bathrooms are a bit tired, the beds could be newer but were comforatable, pillows and towels were excellent, the room was airy and had a window that opened! The general standard of service, cleanliness, communal areas, restaurants etc are all excellent. I would think if you pay top hotel prices you get a new contemporary style room, whilst if you pay 'special internet rates' you are likely to get an older traditional room in need of updating..perhaps like most things in life you get what you pay for!?...if you are realistic and not expecting great luxury then you will find this hotel great value for money!

Avoid this Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Ducksdelux

Avoid this Hotel! There is a reason why it is rated low in Trip Advisor compared to other Stratford Hotels, even though it is allegedly a 4 star??!!

It is well located next to the river and near the Theatre, but there are many better choices at better prices. This is the worst example of a chain hotel where nobody cares.

The rooms are plain, often noisy and cold – all of our party had this issue. Multiple calls for someone to fix the heating went unanswered. Room service food was just ok and delivered quickly as were extra blankets.

It is overrun by bargain-hunters that have no consideration for others and slam doors and yell in corridors. They take their noisy habits into the dining rooms. They and the food deserve each other – Saturday night dinner buffet style belongs elsewhere, as do most of the patrons. The food choice and quality were awful! For the price you have many better choices.

The staff is mostly uncaring; the hotel has got what it deserves by employing the lowest cost labour, especially at reception where their attitude is ‘get me outta here’.

Take their advice!

A comfortable stay.

The exterior looks a bit like an NHS hospital built in the 1970s, but once inside I found a pleasant comfortable hotel. The room was a good size and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was roomy with a nice deep bathtub. I turned on the air conditioner but all I seemed to get was warm air, so that was a little disappointing. However there was a big window. The reception staff was very kind and helpful. They even arranged for a free copy of THE INDEPENDENT to be delivered to my room every day. I ordered my food from the bar. One of the bartenders was just lovely. The other was very cranky and I got the sense that I was disturbing him. He kept stressing that it was a RESIDENTIAL BAR meaning only people staying in the hotel could use it. This seemed a little weird. He actually turned people away who were clearly staying in the hotel but didn't have their "Room ID". If I was their consultant, I might suggest that this was bad for business but that's just my capitalist, "anything to make-a-buck North American mind". This hotel's best feature is its terrace and garden that overlooks the river. It is a splendid place to eat, drink coffee, chill-out, and contemplate life. I would stay there again for the terrace alone.

Definitely stay there again

by TripAdvisor Member Bluerev

My wife & I stayed here AFTER reading some bad reviews BUT thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The room was excellent as were the members of staff. There were several large parties etc but we were not disturbed at all at any time. The breakfast is buffet style but of excellent quality. We did not have Dinner as we did not relish queuing up for buffet stle when it was crowded. Highly recommend bed & breakfast and definitely would stay there again.

A truly wonderful hotel

I took my Mum away for a weekend to the Moathouse in Stratford in July. I have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels, and this is one of the best. The service was impeccable, the facilities (including gym and pool) were first rate, the food was excellent and the location is fabulous. There are few hotels that feel this special and leave such an impression.

I would certainly recommend this hotel. It is truly wonderful.

Perfect for us..

by TripAdvisor Member Johnwiggler

Got a late booking and spent Friday night at the moathouse. Excellent location, car didn't move from the free car park until we were setting off home. Breakfast served til 10:30am so time for a lie in or a visit to the pool. Room high standard with air con and comfy bed. A great time had by us both.

Nice Stay in Stratford

The Moat House in Stratford was in a great location, overlooking the locks and boats. When we arrived, our reservation had been lost, even though we had phoned earlier in the morning to confirm. However, the front desk staff somehow was able to give us the room we requested, a suite. (We had two kids, 8 and 16 with us.) The suite was a great size, huge for the UK or most of Europe. It had two very large rooms and two bathrooms. Both rooms had seating and TVs and tea service. The hotel itself is run down and worn out, but was clean and well-run. If they would just paint all the walls (in rooms and halls) and change the carpeting, this would be a perfect place to base a vacation from. As an American traveler, the decore and condition reminded me of the older chain hotels one would find along our highways, but compared to some places we've stayed in Europe, this was far above average.

Holiday Inn Stratford upon Avon...Any comments?

by HildaP

I am traveling with 4 12 year old children and was thinking of staying at the Holiday Inn Stratford..Is the place good for children? Has anyone stayed there that can give me any input on it?

Thanks :-)

by leics

Sorry no-one's replied yet. Holiday Inn is a standard UK hotel chain, used for business as well as leisure travel. Don't know if the Stratford one has anything special, but am sure it will be ok with kids. Try googling the UK pages on www.google.co.uk for 'holiday inn' and you should get some info. Hope this helps a bit.

by Watsoncomper

Hi

Only just picked up on this thread.

It has taken me a little while to work out where it is in Stratford as the hotel use to be called The Moat House.

It is one of the larger hotels in Stratford. Central position in the town and next to the river. Good ammenities at the hotel.

I have pasted below a link to the hotel chain and also a link to a review website. 31 reviews on this hotel.

Hope this helps and is not too late

Hotel Link

Reviews

Regards

RE: RE: Holiday Inn Stratford upon Avon...Any comments?

by HildaP

Thank you... It the site helped..

by Watsoncomper

Hi

Could not agree with the above post more

Hope this helps