Stratford-upon-Avon Hotels

• SallyM profile photo SallyM
  • Reviews: 639

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Premier Inn Stratford Centre: Handy for Theatre

This hotel is in Warwick Road, a short walk from the river and the Royal Shakespeare Theatre.

Rooms a light and airy. Our double had a sofa bed as well. As usual with Premier Inn there are not a lot of frills – no toiletries except multi-purpose hand/body/hair wash, but the room has TV, air-con, hairdryer. There is 30 minutes free wifi per 24 hours, or you can pay 3 for 24 hours.

The principal disadvantage is the lack of on-site parking. They do warn guests about this in advance. You can stop for 20 minutes in the car park of the Red Lion opposite, but we didn’t bother with this – it was very easy to get to the nearby Bridgeway multi-storey – easier than driving to the hotel, if you are approaching from the M40 via Warwick Road. We were just staying overnight for a theatre visit. Arriving at 4.30 p.m. and leaving at about 10.30 a.m we paid £4.00 for parking, which seemed very reasonable.

I have stayed in several Stratford hotels for theatre visits now, and I think the Premier Inn is the best option so far in terms of price, comfort and convenience.

They have new check-in machines in reception. We tried this and found it very easy, if slightly disconcerting. There is still a receptionist on hand to help.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Arts and Culture, Theater Travel
  • Written June 22, 2014
Tip Photo

Bedroom, Premier Inn

• gregoryolney profile photo gregoryolney
  • Reviews: 14

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Masons Arms, Wilmcote: A Great Old Pub !

My parents kept this pub from 1944 to 1963, so I know it pretty well ! I hear the landlord does a good pint, and the grub is OK too.

• Opinion of Price: N/A

• CdnJane profile photo CdnJane
  • Reviews: 517

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Red Horse Hotel: Doesn't appear to still be a hotel

I've not been able to find this hotel listed anymore, and don't know if that is because it is no longer used as a hotel or if it has changed names.
I would hate for it to have become some new chain, as when looking for it, I did see it referred to several times in the 1820s!!
This rather proves my father's feeling that it was a firetrap, but with character!!!
I stayed here back in 1973, and from my diary at that time, I said it had comfortable, warm beds! Not much else though. No comment upon the food, which isn't like my other journal entries... although we only had breakfast at the Red Horse.

It was old, and it had history. Down the street from some of the thatched roof places, and this had the tudor design... the black & white... can't think what that is called.

• Opinion of Price: N/A