White-Sails

85 Evesham Road, Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 9BE, United Kingdom

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Bed & Breakfast

We stayed in a Bed & Breakfast on Evesham Place. This area was full of B&Bs, Guesthouses, etc, and was conveniently close to town. I can't really strongly recommend this particular B&B though it was the only one that had vacancies (this was in November - just imagine what summer is like!). The room was only average though the breakfast was good. A good page about Stratford with excellent links for accomodation is http://www.stratford-upon-avon.co.uk/

Unique Quality: The B&B was named by combining the first names of the husband and wife who ran the place. Although, this is perhaps not unique amongst B&Bs. Unfortuanatley I've since forgotten the name.

Directions: 5 mins walk from High Street in the western side of town

More about White-Sails

Excellent and so so friendly!

by TripAdvisor Member MrandMrsOC

Wonderful intimate guest house with lots of personal touches that make you feel at home. Excellent location, great for exploring local area. Breakfast is absolutely fantastic - so much choice and fantastic quality. This is our first choice for Stratford upon Avon and we will recommend to everyone!

excellent place to be

by TripAdvisor Member BobbieStafford

very stylish accommodation, fabulous breakfast, and a charming owner., who is welcoming and knowledgable about local attractions. Its convenient for town - just a 15 min stroll, and deserves all the previous good ratings on this site

Can one desire too much of a good thing?" As You Like IT ActIV ScI

by TripAdvisor Member WendyMather

I know a Shakespeare quote may seem slightly cheesy but our stay at White Sails was certainly a 'good thing'. If you are staying in Stratford, do not stay anywhere else. If you are looking for stylish accommodation, attention to detail, competitive prices, warm hospitality, close proximity to town and fantastic home cooked food, look no further. My husband and I were here for two nights, in the Warwick room, and had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. Our room was beautifully decorated and everything was spotlessly clean. The breakfast has to be seen to be believed, I just wished we could have taken a sample of the Rhubarb Grunt home with us as we couldn't possibly find room for it after making our way through fruit juice, fresh fruit, muesli, Greek yoghurt, full English and toast!!! Janet and Roy have got it so very right, well done.

A Rare Treat

by TripAdvisor Member mrsposhbird

Have you wondered whatever happened to great service and a dedication to customer satisfaction? I did, and now I know where to find it - as we did during our recent stay at White Sails. What a refreshing change to see that someone, somewhere still believes in attention to detail, quality and service second to none. This is the real deal - White Sails provides such a wonderful experience that we were amazed. My husband and I and our 2 friends agreed that everything was perfect, from the beautiful bedrooms and pristine bathrooms to the cosy guest lounge with complimentary sherry ( a nice touch!) As for the breakfasts - I think I could eat them for months on end and not get bored! The homemade meuseli, variety of fresh fruit and cooked breakfasts that a 5 star hotel would struggle to match ensured that we left in the morning with a very satisfied feeling!! We spent 2 nights here and from the moment I spoke to Jan to make the booking until we left on the Sunday morning our every need was not only met but was also mostly pre-empted. We followed her advice on where to go for dinner and were not disappointed. Well done to you for such an amazing achievement and for making our long-awaited weekend break a memory we will treasure forever.

Brilliant!

by TripAdvisor Member KattyEngland

My partner and I have just returned from a two-night stay at white-sails. The service was fantastic, the room was very luxurious and the breakfast was amazing (very nice choc-chip muffins given to us for the journey home). Would have loved to stay longer.

Wonderful White Sails

by TripAdvisor Member jane087

I had very high expectations after reading the other reviews and was not disappointed We stayed in the Stratford room which was tasteful, comfortable ,peaceful and had a fabulous bathroom.The breakfast was superb and plentiful. I would definitely recommend White-Sails and would love to go again. In fact i really did not want to come home. Stratford is well worth a visit and is a good base for visiting Cotswolds and Warwick .There are lots of good places to eat and Jan kindly passed on her recommendations prior to our stay. Though after such a great breakfast we didn't need lunch! I would like to say a big thank you to Jan , we really couldn't find fault with anything .

This is a First Class B&B

by TripAdvisor Member poshbird120

There is very little to add that hasn't already been said in other reviews of the White Sails. Excellent accomodation, excellent breakfast and excellent service! This is a first class B&B that we hope to return to again.

How Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member Kennedy93

When people have asked me "Do I like Camping" my reply is always, I like to sleep beneath the stars ! so long as there are 5 of them. Having very little experience of guest houses but a lot of exerience of 4 & 5* Hotel's I can not fault this haven of lovely ness. with all the pomp of a hotel but freindlness that only comes from a carring "owner manager". Imadgine your favorite posh Hotel, scale it down to 4 rooms.
Room - Excellent, Well furnished & comfortable bed
Food - Excellent, lots of fruit, home made breads, freshly cooked breakfast to order.
location - Excellent to Town 15min walk & Race course 10 walk

Top Class

by TripAdvisor Member cholt

We could not have asked for anything more. We had the most amazing stay and wish we could have stayed longer. Jan was the most fabulous of hosts, and her baking was second to none.
We would have no hesitation in recommending white-sails as the only place to stay in stratford. Why try the rest when you have found the best?

Comments