Stratford Rd, Junction 15, M40, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV34 6RE, United Kingdom

Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 68% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Fantastic Time

What a fantastic time we had at this hotel. Nothing was to much for them. We had a speedy check in and our rooms were ready for us, which was a surprise as it was only lunch time on a Saturday.
    The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Unfortunately we ran out of tme to use the pool but we did get time to use the Bar and Lounge area. The staff were very attentive and the food was of excellent quality. We loved the placing of the hotel being about six miles either way to the big attactions (Warwick Castle and Statford-upon-Avon). The Hotel was easy to find and yes I have already recommended the hotel to other friends.

• Hilton near Warwick

My stay there was perfect. I spent there only 2 nights, but it was very nice. People from staff are very kind and do their best for you to feel comfortable. The rooms are tidy, clean and large. This hotel isn't big, but really very cozy.
    The only inconvenience is the hotel isn't exactly in Warwick, so you have to walk or use a taxi, but Antonio was a great taxi driver :) so enjoy your stay!

Unique Quality: Ha, there are rabbits near the hotel, so you can see them jumping in the grass in front of it.

Directions: Located on junction 15 of the M40, it's just a 20 minute drive from Birmingham International Airport to the modern Hilton Warwick hotel.

More about Hilton Warwick

For a Hilton expected better!

by TripAdvisor Member Storm72

My partner and I stayed here for a weekend. To start with parking was charged for at £3 a day, which was appaling. Their excuse was because they are based near the motorway a lot of people use their car park. The Holiday Inn, which is right across the road to them, did not have this policy, so not really needed.

Reception area was very nice, some confusion upon checking with our friends but was sorted. The walk to the rooms is very long. I have stayed in Las Vegas and the hotels are huge over there and never had to walk this far to the room. Still, stretching your legs is fine by me.

So our room was freezing and our friends rooms was boiling, very different contrast and we were only a few doors away. On top of that, in our room, the ventilation in the bathroom was not working. Which upon having a bath/shower, causes condensation even on the tiled floor, in turn making it very slippery. The room itself was a club room, so nice size, some patches of damp here an there, needs a bit care shown, but it was ok.

Drinks in the bar where in a nice setting, near a lovely fire and staff were very nice. Of course it was expensive, as it is a hotel after all, but we didn't mind. Breakfast, as always at the Hilton is lovely, loads of choices and always plenty to eat.

Short ride to Warwick town centre and a cab cost us between £7 - £10. Not so bad. Lovely places to eat there and drink. We also went to Stratford Upon Avon and that was like a 20 - 30min drive, aslo lovely place. So central for both locations, but disappointed on the room issues.

excellent

by TripAdvisor Member ethelman

Having stayed in several Hiltons recently and found them poor to mediocre, I was almost disappointed to find a good one. Rooms clean and quiet, staff friendly and responsive. We had a club room which was excellent.
Breakfast also excellent -juice chilled, as advertised, unlike others recently.
Only quibble is the parking charge- why not include in the room rate?
We visited Kenilworth Castle, and drove out to Stratford in the evening; within easy reach.

Poor Service

by TripAdvisor Member SP3Bill

Room clean but very small. Reception staff efficient. Problems in bar and restaurant. Staff with can't be bothered attitude and minimal customer service skills. Food dreadful and meat incinerated ! Meeting on following day OK but buffet lunch awful. A few stale and bland sandwiches and rolls for a group of 20+, no drinks (juice/water would have been nice but I expect they wanted you to pay their extortionate bar prices) and a few slivers of water melon. Overall extremely poor for £163/night. Glad I wasn't paying!!!

Handy stopover hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Tam Carr

We spent a night here when touring around England and found this to be a pleasent hotel. It is at a junction of the M40 motorway and about 2 miles from Warwick town centre. A taxi cost £6 from the hotel to the town centre. The room was nice and clean and as usual the Hilton bed was extrememly comfortable. If you have never slept in a Hilton bed then you really need to try it.
Nothing much more to say as we didn't use the restaurant but we would recommend it as a perfect stopover when touring.

A grand name a mediocre Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member cricklewood

Location – Minutes from J15 of the M40 ensures a nice traffic hum from the hotel grounds. A further five minutes takes you into Warwick & to its fantastic castle. A slightly longer drive to Stratford and a couple of junctions to Gaydon & the heritage Motor Museum make this hotel a good tourist & to be fair business location.

The building –. From the late 80s early 90s Tesco school of architecture – the Hilton has a huge car park that you have to pay £3 for the privilege of using. Why they don’t just increases the room rate a bit if they so need the revenue I know not – but it seems a bit mean. Large grounds with lots of rabbits with that constant motorway hum. The building is ground floor plus 2 and has a couple of lifts.

Reception & Public areas – notes – The restaurant is being renovated from 30th July - 7th Sept 2007 and the bar and lobby from 20th August - 7th Sept 2007. At this time the restaurant and bar will operate from the Avon Suite. Whilst this info is on their web site the receptionist did not advise us. The hotel does need doing up so I would suggest you hold fire until the works are done. In the meantime the reception & public areas are OK but if they were bathrooms they would be avocado. Receptionist very friendly, but the ordered wake up call came 32 minutes late the next morning – never mind. There is a Living Well health centre on site, which you can use – looks good. There is also a business centre with a brace of PC’s /

The Bedrooms – After the public areas I would guess the bedrooms are next for a make over – whilst OK they were tired –think of a Moat House of 1992 & you have the picture- along with an old TV & hospitality tray with two shortbreads on it. Bed was comfy – windows open – carpet was I’m sure the original.

The bathroom – Fully tiled – good shower over bath, a bit mean on the shampoo & soap. If I was being picky I would point out the staining round the bath seal &the missing rubber stopper on the loo seat – I am so I will. Why housekeepers don’t correct these things when they notice them I know not. For £ 110 + a night I do expect better.

Food –. Dined in the make do restaurant. Two headwaiters – one great the other looked as though he was not a headwaiter but a coach driver – perhaps a good coach driver but not a head waiter- thankfully the good guy was so good he over rode the other. Meal was OK – starter was well presented & the carvery of a good standard with an excellent choice of sweets at under £25 each one could not complain. Drinks appeared dear with wine at £5 a glass. Breakfast service was well run by the ‘better’ headwaiter – food other than the bacon was of a satisfactory standard. The make do table we were at was wonky & elbows were met with the top lifting. But for £110 +a night what do you expect – a bit better. If I had been the manager I would have taken say 20% off dining during building works.

Staff – Other than the off hand ‘other’ headwaiter the staff were very good.

Over all – For couple of nights it was fine – but the building works should be reflected in he price – perhaps not charging the £ 3 for parking as a token. As I said my advice is go somewhere else until a trip adviser says its OK to go back.

Tip –. Plan to eat dinner in Warwick rather than the hotel & remember your swimming stuff for the hotel (living well) leisure suite.

Could do better - a lot better.

by TripAdvisor Member amq

We stayed for one night on dinner-bed-and breakfast basis. It's a nice hotel, although unfortunately the operation of the hotel was worked out on a computer program by someone who had never stayed in a hotel in his life. We were advised of the three pounds charge for parking when we checked in, but when we checked out there was no charge because it was included. So the only complaint about pricing is the £15 per day for internet access in the rooms. I do not know if that is just to stop visitors using it. The main complaint is actually the Tower of Babel called a restaurant. If English is not your first language, this is the place for you. We asked for butter to go with the bread rolls, but nothing happened. We asked for toothpicks, and someone went for some but they never came. We could not have an after-meal coffee and drink at the table,but had to move to the bar area. But you can't go the bar - waiter service only-even though the meal waiter said he had told them at the bar we were coming over, we were invisible. Waving for attention did not work, and after 20 minutes we left drink-less. The staff were all very nice, but were each restricted to one particular job, and if the hotel was burning down they would have ignored it because it was not their job to notice it. Oh, yes, a big hotel with lots of rooms, so no assistance with suitcases, etc. Nobody's job.

great location, good for short stay

by TripAdvisor Member shoebedo

my husband and I stayed here for one night over the bank holiday weekend
i was annoyed about paying to park our car until the receptionist gave us a pass allowing us to come and go at no charge, if you dont get offered one, ask!
the room was fine, nice bed, breakfast tray and the shower was lovely
the breakfast was pentiful with lots of choice and polite waitors
the refurbishment was going on but didnt really affect or bother us
we would use this hotel again

Warwick

by julia79

"No atmosphere in Warwick?!"

It was my first impression. It happened when we ordered a taxi and the driver asked us what do we want to do and where do we want to go in Warwick. We said we don't know because we really didn't know. We wanted to visit the Warwick Castle, but it was too late and it was closed. So we said "we just want to feel the atmosphere!" and he answered "There's no atmosphere in Warwick!". Well, in fact there is. It's a small town, a really nice and quiet place.

"What did I do there?"

It was a pleasure for me to be in Warwick. We slept at Hilton Warwick, maybe the only one inconvenience of this hotel was that it's not situated exactly in Warwick, so you have to walk or order a taxi, but it was not a problem once we met Antonio (our taxi driver).
People were very polite, we spent there 2 nights. We met some Bulgarian friends, visited the Warwick Castle (and then had pain in muscles because we undertook the great walk of more than 500 steps), visited Saint Mary's Church and listened to the boys from the choir singing, in fact we sang with them, it was a funny experience. We met a very nice lady in the church, she was interested where are we from and said she'd like to visit Bulgaria in future :)

Comments