Apollo Hotel

243 Hagley Road, Edgbaston Midlands, Birmingham, West Midlands, B16 9RA, United Kingdom
Apollo Hotel Birmingham
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 44% less but rated 17% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Apollo Hotel

Couldn't really expect much more for £37

by TripAdvisor Member julesguest

Rooms were clean but quite tatty, the TV didn't have the channels advertised, walls were paper thin (my partner didn't get much sleep), the early breakfast we'd arranged didn't materialise. But for £37 for a double room I guess I shouldn't complain. Lots of car parking, in a good location, friendly staff. But would try somewhere else next time.

Good value budget hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Loft156

£37.50 per night for a double was good value, esp when compared with others on the same road. Accomodation is budget, but perfectly adequate and the breakfast was good.

Good location close to city and perfectly OK as long as you're not here for a long stay.

Great Stay at the Apollo

by TripAdvisor Member janetproy

We have just come back from a four night stay at the Apollo and found it to be just as good as we remembered when we stayed here in 2005 . We went to the Uk for my son's graduation and the Apollo did everything possible to make it a very enjoyable time indeed . They helped me find a cake maker who delivered the suprise cake to the hotel whilst we were at the ceremony . The very friendly staff at the hotel kindly decorated the surrounding area of the dinner table at my request and my family thoroughly enjoyed the evening . I fully recommend this hotel as it is excellent service and very well managed . We were very satisfied with our rooms ( my brother and parents also stayed there) and it is very handy to go to the centre of Birmingham . the bus stop is just outside . Thanks again to the Apollo for making our stay there so memorable and to all the staff, not only for their competency but also their friendliness and efficiency .

Rooms tatty

by TripAdvisor Member hilcati

Rather tatty, On arrival two lights not working, no television remote control, no plug for bath, hairdryer didn't work etc., some of these things were attended to and staff very helpful, but I felt rooms should be checked regularly. Bathroom rather scruffy with broken tiles.
Although breakfast was good, finishing at 10.00am at weekends not very satisfactory after a night out. Reception area was modern and pleasant perhaps some of the other room were better than ours.
Hotel was booked for me and we paid 72 pounds a night for room for 3. I personally would not stay here again.

Hotel needs a holiday !

by TripAdvisor Member steve460man

This hotel is ideally situated to the attraction we went to see (Cadbury World) however its not the greatest hotel we've ever stayed in.
On arrival staff were helpful and friendly,but whilst on our way to the room we noticed the general feel of the place was of a hotel that had a hard life ! Its in need of decoration in a big way ,on arrival at our room we discovered a problem with the TV, this was dealt with swiftly and the problem rectified .However the bathroom door had been smashed in by a previous occupant and the beds were to say the least worn out !
Breakfast (buffet style)was ok but the quality of the ingredients used was a bit substandard for the prices charged in our opinions.
Overall the place was clean but felt a bit grubby generally ,we won't be rushing back !

it was great

by TripAdvisor Member cihall

Having read the reviews on here, i was wondering what the hell i had let myself into. On arrival to the hotel on sat, I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were friendly and the hotel was very clean. Yes ok the hotel is in need of a little decor, but so what get over it!
The breakfast was lovely and for the price it was fantastic.
So all you moaning people who has stopped here and would not return, then thats your problem.

I also have to mention there were lots of wedding parties stopping there and also the banqueting suite was very busy. If the hotel was that bad, then it would be empty.

£45, can't complain

by TripAdvisor Member Travelling_Fox

Rooms,bedding and bathroom were clean enough, if you want top quality then pay the price, the Ritz this aint but for the price it was great, the breakfast was very good and is on until 10.00 a.m at weekends!, self service buffet with all the trimings, there is a bus stop to town around 2 mins from the Hotel for £1.40 and a taxi back cost us £4 from Broad Street,if your on the P*ss in Birmingham then this is a good hotel to stop at

Traffic noise impossible to sleep through

by TripAdvisor Member Bee786

I stayed here for one night and whilst the hotel is adequate in terms of being clean and warm, it faces onto a very busy road that leads to Birmingham city centre. The hotel does not have double glazing and for some reason the secondary glazing panels have been removed. Consequently, the noise from the traffic was very loud in the room in which I was staying. In addition, the hotel is so close to the road that the vibrations from the traffic can be felt inside the rooms. No rooms facing away from the road were available on the night I was staying so I was stuck. I used makeshift earplugs made of tissue paper to try and block out the noise but had to wait until until well past 1am before I was able to finally, fitfully, get some sleep - until the traffic reawoke in the morning. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody - I do not see the point of paying to be sleep deprived.

Brummie delight

by TripAdvisor Member jamesdoc16

Unexceptional but comfortable. At quiet periods you can get 3 nights for the price of 2. The best feature was the breakfast which lasted me all day.

Self-catering kitchenSelf-catering kitchen

Tap & SpileTap & Spile

~ The Sealife Centre ~~ The Sealife Centre ~

www.bmag.org.ukwww.bmag.org.uk

London Stansted to Birmingham International airport

by 21sandra

My name is Sandra and I'm Spanish. I need to know information about buses or trains to go from London Stansted to Birmingham international airport. I need to know the timetables for the 13th of September, the prices and where and when to buy the ticket.
Thank you very much.

by aqazi

This isn't a very nice journey to do. My folks had to do it the other way round but in the end they got some freinds to give them a lift instead. Any way you can book on line and your journey will take between 3.5 to 4 hours by bus. If you go by train you have to go in and out of london which mean more money and probably more time too. I just hope the the schedule is OK for your onward flight. Also add a bit of time to make allowances for heavy traffic. It should cost around 20 pounds one way.

by Britannia2

Central Trains have a direct service that leaves Stansted at 25 minutes past every hour - 10.25, 11.25, 12.25 and so on. Go to www.centraltrains.co.uk for details.
You would need to change at Birmingham New Street for a train to BIA - you would take a London Euston bound train that stops most stations - not an express.

by helsbels

www.nationalrail.co.uk will give you all the train timetables, prices and routes, it has a good journey planner, you can buy tickets on the internet or at the train station on arrival.

Comments