Crowne Plaza Birmingham N.E.C.

Pendigo Way, National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham, West Midlands, B40 1PS, United Kingdom
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
IHG Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Crowne Plaza Birmingham N.E.C.

Excellent hotel. Great value for money.

by TripAdvisor Member KirsteenMac

This is the second time me and my partner have stayed at the Crowne Plaza NEC. On both occasions, we have been very very pleased with the standard of the hotel.
On our most recent visit, we were greeted and automatically upgraded due to us being priority club members, (however you need to ask for the upgrade,,,dont expect it to be just given to you). Our room, on both occasions, has been very modern, clean, comfortable, plesent and we were welcomed with a basket of fruit, wine, mineral water and chocolates. ( please note we were only paying £55 pounds B&B for this room-which i think is excellent!)
We ordered room service that evening and it was fast and efficient and the food was good quality and very filling.
The next morning, we went down for breakfast and it was very very quiet. Me, being a vegetarian, i was pleasantly suprised to find waffles on the breakfast menu, which , when arrived were very very tasty. My partner had the full english and there was no complaints on that score.
It is a hotel worth staying at, and for that price, it is well worth a visit.

The standard of hotel you want

by TripAdvisor Member IT_BagMan

I average 80 nights a year in hotels because of my traveling job. I sometimes don't finish work until midnight gone. The one thing you don't want after a day like that is to worry about the standard or service at your hotel. At the Crowne Plaza you get the high service you expect from an international hotel chain.

Admittedly, I have stayed there so often that I am a Platinum member of their loyalty scheme, but even before I rose to that status, the staff were wonderful, understanding and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are larger that average and some have views over Pendigo Lake.

The only two mild criticisms are that
1. it doesn't have swimming pool (does have a fitness club tho') and 2. The restaurant is quite expensive for the portion size.
Eating in the bar represents much better value. It is possible to negotiate a better nightly rate than the ones advertised in reception, but don't expect to pull that off when the NEC has a big event on. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Good Room but food awful

I recently stayed in this hotel for a business function. The room was clean, modern and well laid out. The staff were very polite, courteous and helpful.
What was very disappointing about the hotel was the standard of the food. The hot breakfast was very very unsatisfactory, the plates were cold, the food was cold and dried out. As this was a four star hotel it was disappointing that it was self service for food.
Again at lunch the plates were cold, the food was overly salty and lacked any real flavour.
We had to request tea and coffee as this was not offered to us.
I would reccommend the conference centre but the standard and quality of the food need to be drastical improved.

NEC

by TripAdvisor Member Lorien22

I couldn't fault this hotel. Our room spotless, and absolutely lovely, the bed was super and we had a great nights sleep. We ate in the bar and had a yummy simple pasta dish. The breakfast in the morning was the best i've ever had there was just so much choice! Really good value.

A good experience

by TripAdvisor Member TravelFan_01

0.Myself and my husband stayed overnight at Crowne Plaza as we had an exhibition to attend at the NEC. We have attended the particular exhibition numerous times so have stayed in a variety of hotels around the area. This hotel was the best by a mile.

We arrived quite late on a Sunday evening to check in and probably encountered then, the only negative thing about our entire stay- the man who checked us in we found to be a bit surly. He wasn't particularly unpleasant, he just wasn't very friendly or forthcoming with information such as times for breakfast, where it was served etc.

The room itself was lovely. We had a lovely view of the lake and found the place extremely quiet and relaxing. It was very clean and had a nice contemporary feel with nice bed linen on a very comfortable bed (I had an excellent night's sleep with I often find hard to do in a hotel), laminate/wood flooring etc. The bathroom was also very modern, spacious and immaculate- white suite, black surfaces etc. The amenities in the room were very good- safe, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilites with biscuits and complimentary mineral water and chocolates, all of which were very much appreciated.

We ordered room service when we arrived in the evening. We had a Crowne burger and Crowne club sandwich and they arrived within 15 minutes of us ordering them, and piping hot. The person who brought it up to us was very nice and friendly and the quality of the food was very good.
In our room rate, breakfast was included and we found there was a vast array of options and everything was well presented and appetizing. The buffet option included pastries and muffins, cold meats such as parma ham, salami etc and cheeses, smoked salmon, cooked breakfast items which included scrambled eggs, fried eggs, bacon, sausages, black pudding, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and hash browns and finally, an array of exotic fruits, cereals and yoghurts as well as tea, coffee and a number of different juices. There was even a small menu with items made to order such as omelettes and waffles if that was wanted in addition to everything else. We thought the breakfast was very good quality and proved excellent value for money. We didn't want to eat until the evening after that!

Another positive of the hotel was free parking which is becoming more and more of a rarity nowadays. There was security in the car park, so our car always felt safe.

All in all, our stay was a very pleasant experience and when we go to the NEC for the exhibition next year, there is no doubt that we will be staying at Crowne Plaza again.

comfort and convenience

by TripAdvisor Member briel

A comfortable night in a good hotel extremely convenient for the NEC Arena. Reception was quick and effecient, and an exellent room overlooking the lake.

The room was quiet,clean and spacious, with towels and robe fluffy and soft. All facilities as described. - Comfortable bed.
The bar service excellent and quick.
Breakfast buffet - superb a wide selection and fast and effective service from all staff.

Will stay again when going to NEC which was five minutes walk away. Car park an added bonus.

Great if you're visiting NEC

by TripAdvisor Member crewebluenose

We booked a room at the Crowne Plaza when attending a concert at the NEC. Couldn't fault the room and the staff were friendly and efficient. Literally a 5 min walk to the NEC arena. Would stay here again as it makes visiting the NEC more relaxed and pleasurable.

We ordered some sandwiches when we got back to the room that were pretty pricey but of decent quality. Breakfast was also good with attentive staff.

Excellent Hotel and Perfect Location

by TripAdvisor Member hel.fox

Just wanted to say that I had a really really good time at this hotel. We stayed for one night to see a band in the NEC, and would definitely do it again!

The room was large and nicely decorated, with a stylish bathroom and free bottled mineral water.

Staff were very friendly. We left our car outside all day the following day and had no problem getting the ticket stamped (for free exit) even though we'd checked out.

Location is perfect for a short stroll past the lakes to the NEC.

We didnt try the food, but the room itself was brilliant.

What a turn around

by TripAdvisor Member MarkRoddis

Last time I stayed here the staff attitude was shocking. Indeed I ended up putting my complaint in writting as it was that bad.

However I needed somewhere to park my car whilst my family and I flew out of Birmingham airport on holiday for a week and the park and fly meant we could spend the night and park the car for 7 nights for less than £50.

All I can say is that my complaint must have worked because the stay was fantastic. Indeed considering this hotel is aimed at business travellers, my 4 year old son (this was his first time staying in a hotel) was treated like royalty. Nothing was too much trouble.

Now this is really what I have come to expect from this brand with comfy rooms and a great attitude from the staff. As long as the management maintain this level, I would stay here every time I am in the area.

Fantastic Hotel and so close to the NEC and airport!

by TripAdvisor Member aeaston506

Stayed here because i went to see the MPH show and classic car show in the NEC. This is a brilliant hotel, and these beds are the most comfortable beds i have ever slept in! The hotel is on a lake and is only one minute away from the nec and a two minute drive to the airport, but the is a wee man that takes you to the airport. He is so friendly and funny. Overall, This is a great hotel in a great hotel with fabulous beds!
I will be returning here next year!

brindley placebrindley place

Clent HillsClent Hills

~ More shops ~~ More shops ~

New Selfedges shopNew Selfedges shop

Which city in the UK should I live???

by laptopshopper

Hi

I will be coming to UK for 5 months to do some marketing for the textile products we manufacture here in India. I am deciding upon a base city where I could live... One which largely commercial, and from which I can access other cities in the UK easily and relatively cheaply to meet prospective clients...

During this time, I also want to take up a job. Could you guys give me your recommendations based on the above needs?

London? Birmingham? Leeds? Manchester? Leicester? Liverpool, Edinburgh, Bristol????

Thanks

(I have lived in Chester for 3 months earlierand have traveled extensively in the UK, so I know what the cities look like, but have little idea otherwise...)

Re: Which city in the UK should I live???

by davesut

I think you need to establish where you will be travelling to most often. Birmingham is clearly the choice at the centre of England yet if your trips include Scotland then Manchester would be a more central location.

Comments