Novotel Birmingham Airport

Birmingham International Airport, Birmingham, West Midlands, B26 3QL, United Kingdom

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Rated 18% higher but also costs 22% more than other 3 star hotels

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Best location in town ?

The Novotel is situated across the road from the terminal building of Birmingham International airport.

It is thus in an ideal location if :

a) You are a Plane-spotter or
    b) Need a hotel for an early morning dept or late arrival.

Some more uncharitable souls might also add that if you really have to visit Birmingham for a business meeting or whatever then the hotel enables you to spend as little time in the city as is humanly possible.

Well run 4 star hotel

Unique Quality: Part of a well established chain, nothing unique to report. Comfortable and clean.

More about Novotel Birmingham Airport

Does what it says on the label

by TripAdvisor Member mark666

This is an airport hotel , it is 50 yds from the main terminal and 300 yds from the BA terminal.
Staff , particularly at reception pleasant and efficient. Room clean, well appointed with tea making facility ,quiet with no airplane noise. Restaurant good quality food but expensive ( noticeably drinks incl wine).
Provides package incl car parking which worked well. Check out efficient.
In other words it is exactly what you want and expect from hotel at an airport

Not recommended

by TripAdvisor Member AngieMUK

Booked on line, no problems. Check in very swift and abrupt, no hello even! Room very tired and dirty, bathroom dirty, towels grey, bedroom dusty. Bar prices high, service low. ~Bar VERY smokey - roll on Julys smoking ban. Watch out - breakfast already on bill even if you have not had it, although it was taken off quickly - remember to check this. Would definately NOT recommend, NEEDS A REALLY GOOD PROFESSIONAL CLEAN UP.

this hotel is hell on earth

by TripAdvisor Member djharrop

this is the worst hotel i have stayed in ! - from the exterior it looks like a crematoirium in basingstoke the interior is reminisant of a 1960s mental aslum. most of the room is made over to black mold with the remaining floor space given over to trampoline like beds with legs facing in four different directions which threaten to buck you on to the floor at any moment. the room we stayed in was a disability access room but we as able bodied people had difficulty switching the tv on.
all in all get a taxi to birmingham and do not stay here under any circumstances. The 150 quid a night can be more pleasurably spent on electric shock therapy.

decent convenient airport hotel standard as expected

by TripAdvisor Member moo1

Hotel fine as expected for an airport.Totally disagree with bad reports on here.Its an airport Hotel NOT a 5 star luxury property.Is the last person out to ruin the hotel reputation on purpose?The one report is laughable.
It is clean,tidy,quiet just what you need.Above all its opposite the terminal for convenience.I cannot understand why some people ever leave home when they complain so much just what do they expect ! I booked through a travel agent which is always cheaper than direct on the hotels website.If you have such high expectations when you leave home try Burj Hotel Dubai 7* and pay £1500 per night instead of 3* at £75.
Get what you pay for ..........

Fiasco at check in

by TripAdvisor Member Hengist

Perhaps this should have one and a half points not one. The big problem was arrival. When we arrived at about 9pm for an overnight stay having made a non-cancellable Internet booking we were told that our room had been cancelled because we hadn't arrived by 6 pm and the hotel was full! We had the printout confirming the booking which certainly was not conditional on arriving by 6pm but the reception staff waved that away - although with some detectable sense of unease.

Eventualy we got a room after demanding to see the manager and a rather tense scene. No apology given although I got the impression from mutterings by the staff that something was wrong with the booking system. I'd only stay there again if I absolutely had to - the hotel is a rather tired barrack like travelodge which does what it says on the tin. I'd have given it a 3 if not for the check in fiasco

Good Room, Shame about the Check In

by TripAdvisor Member phastings

Rooms were of a good standard. Nice bathroom and toilet, comfortable bed with a sofa in the room also. Good TV with movies, and a good alarm for the morning! Best bit about the hotel is that it is literally across the road from the airport terminal, so perfect for those early check-ins. Breakfast starts at 0500, so there is an alternative to the airline's attempt at a full english!

The main issue I had was with check in. When we arrived, there was a long queue from a recently arrived package group. I noticed that these people were receiving their keys from a box, and weren't signing anything, so I went to a receptionist that wasn't doing anything, explained that I wasn't with the group, and asked if I had to queue with them. She said yes. When I got to the front of the queue the tour rep - quite rightly - looked at me blankly, and the same receptionist called me over to check-in. When I asked why she said I had to queue, she found the whole thing very funny. I didn't. She then ran the pre-auth on my bill through as a sale, which made me all in all a little nervous for the whole stay, despite her efficiently voiding the sale and re-running the pre-auth.

In summary, a clean, comfortable, stay with a touch of luxury, but more hassle on check-in than I would have expected.

One quick note, you won't be able to drive right up to the door of the hotel any more following the tightened airport security. This will mean a small walk with your luggage on arrival.

Great convenience for Birmingham Airport!

by TripAdvisor Member X42316

I have stayed at this hotel twice this year, once in March and once in August, and it was great both times. It is ideally located right on site of the Airport, there is no need no get a shuttle to the hotel

The rooms are extremely comfortable and the breakfasts and evening meals are very nice. I recomend staying here either before or after a long haul flight to Birmingham airport.

Not to be repeated stay in a very shabby disabled accommodation.

by TripAdvisor Member indi60

Do not stay at this hotel if you are disabled, a wheelchair user and expect a good experience because you have paid £165 for the night! The room was shabby, dowdy and in great need of refurbishment. The twin beds were 2ft 6ins wide to enable a wheelchair user to have more space (quoted by the management following a survey emailed to me) but we both stayed awake all night: worrying that he might fall out of such a narrow bed. He lay there too scared to move! However the worst experience was the tiny lift that kept jamming on my husbands feet and refusing to close, all I could hear was the lift "talking" - doors opening, doors closing - no one came although they must have heard the doors continually opening and closing. When asked if there was another lift the receptionist replied that the two hotel lifts were identically small and apologised. Management stated that the hotel was over 25 years old and exempt from some of the disability laws and that there were no bedrooms on the ground floor. Breakfast was very poor, very "tired" bacon and unusually white watery scrambled eggs. Altogether a bad experience regardless of the price.
My advice: Find a hotel on the Coventry Road and get a taxi!

Not bad at all really

by TripAdvisor Member EdsSwindon

We stayed the night before our flight out and again on our return flight home. I thought the room was really nice, it was clean, comfortable with all mod cons etc. The only problems was the car parking, the hotel does not have it's own car park as we were led to believe and we had to park so far away you needed a bus to get to your car! and it was a total fiasco when we arrived. Also the restaurant was over priced for a poor quality meal we had going, the service was very slow as well, and on return we had breakfast which was far worse and the restaurant staff ignored us, we had to take essential eating utensils off of other tables as they ignored us! very rude, breakfast was hopeless, but they did look after their business clientel, so if you are on business you will be fine. The bar had one barman serving who served others before you when you had been waiting patiently for ages, you felt like you were wearing an invisible suit! when you eventually get served it's expensive!
We spent a considerable sum of money in this hotel and feel we received very poor service, but the rooms I thought were lovely, but because of the car parking and the bar and restaurant staff I wont be staying there again, but don't be put off by the comments about the rooms, they are really very good for an airport hotel I was pleasantly surprised and the public areas are very nice too.

Comments