Ramada Hotel And Suites Coventry

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Ramada Hotel And Suites Coventry

Nice Hotel and great staff

by TripAdvisor Member TF77

Just back from my second trip to the Ramada and, like the first, it was a really good experience.

The rooms themselves are clean and nicely decorated although the beds may be bigger in the "normal" rooms than in the suites.

Food was so-so, pasta from the restaurant was a bit on the bland side and maybe the menu could have more "snack" type items on it as it seemed a bit formal.

The best thing about the hotel thought is the staff, everyone seems very friendly and chatty.

So, all in all it's a nice hotel, good central location and very friendly and helpful staff.

Great suites and views

by TripAdvisor Member elizabethb

Great views - ask for a room high up
we had a good deal (although relatively expensive for Cov) and had a cornersuite on top floor with panoramic views
great tv with music on demand on it
kitchenette with fridge and filter coffee
v modern and spotless
v pleasant staff - including Joseph at front of house
parking was free for both our cars
10 min horrid walk through underpasses to town centre

the building itself looks ugly and old from outside, and is in a run down area (which bit of Coventry isnt though)

No postage stamp size bath towels here!

by TripAdvisor Member satat

I've given this a 5 point rating because of the value for money. I booked with Otel.com through the Trip Advisor website and got room and breakfast for £42.40 rather than £76 from the other sites. It would have got a 4 point rating if I'd had to pay £76.

The room was well appointed with tasteful decor and was spotlessly clean. It had a large flat screen TV and comfortable beds. The bath towels were good quality and a decent size. The staff were friendly and the dining room was good rather than fantastic. The wine was very drinkable and not grossly overpriced as in some hotels.

I will return when next in the area.

Service with a smile

by TripAdvisor Member Been-there-done-it-2

Very nice suite, but front facing so noisy from the motorway.
Lovely comfortable big bed.

No hairdryer but a call to reception and one was delivered to my room in minutes with a cheery smile.

Room service was excellent again with very pleasant staff.

They seem to take pride in giving good service here.

Breakfast was good, but a nice touch would be for tea and toast to be served to the table.

Although on the 2nd floor I found the room to be very cold, the floor was freezing - perhaps this was due to being next to the stair well.

I would recommend this for anyone travelling on business.

Excellent Accommodation - service could have been better

by TripAdvisor Member pepperwhitemini

A little bit tricky to find even with GPS. The car park is right next door and is extremely well lit - there are quite a few cctv cameras around and notices to that effect too so I felt safe in the knowledge that my car would probably be ok. There is a walkway directly to the hotel.

Onto the hotel itself. Booked a suite and the one we were allocated initially turned out to be occupied by someone else - luckily they weren't in the room at the time! The lifts are quite slow here and going up and down to the 14th floor where we were took a while.

We were quickly found another suite on the same floor. The quality of the suite was first class - it was bigger than expected with a very sizeable area for the lounge - the bathroom was en-suite to the bedroom and there was a small kitchen area with separate sink and fridge. The bathroom had a power shower with excellent water pressure. The towels were first rate - they could've given two bathrobes instead of one though. The bed was very comfortable with a good number of pillows.

Ate dinner in the restaurant - the food here was pretty average - ok so we weren't expecting London gastro quality but the chicken pasta was a bit dry - we had to send back the new potatoes as there were very mushy. The waitress quickly brought out a replacement.

When we sat down we ordered wine which after it didn't arrive for 15 minutes we decided to ask another waiter about. It turned up eventually. The price for the meal was okay-ish.

Didn't have breakfast the following day but I did ask about a late checkout. I got the impression from the first person on the desk that she wasn't going to let me have a late checkout at first even though the hotel wasn't busy (I checked with another member of staff the night before who said that it was very quiet for the few days ahead). Another staff member said that they could only extend the normal checkout time of 11.00am by one hour but after a further chat they agreed to extend to 1pm - I would have preferred 2pm (in the Marriotts I normally stay at this isn't normally an issue). They informed me that if they check you out late there is normally a charge of £10/hr for each hour past midday.

Wi-fi is available on the ground floor for free and works very well.

Staff - overall I found the staff to be reasonably polite - one or two members of staff could have gone the extra mile to be more helpful rather than just efficient - local knowledge of the area seemed poor (I asked about the postcode for Warwick University (only 4 miles away for my GPS) and they couldn't come up with it).

Would I stay again? Definitely - the minor niggles were only minor. The management of the hotel seem to take an active interest in the reviews here so if they act on them then I'm sure they will improve the place even further.

almost great

by TripAdvisor Member cazcab

stayed as surprise for valentines night.and we found it to be almost perfect.the room was spotless the bathroom the same.had a problem with them giving us someone elses bill.and was a bit puzzled as to why you get charged £4-00 to park your car.but apart from that we had a very pleasant stay.

Nice room - shame about the lack of heating

by TripAdvisor Member loopylady

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the hotel. We had also stayed here for one night in February.

For both stays we were given rooms on the 2nd floor which was freezing. (please see the review by another guest back in October 2007).

Both rooms were extremely cold so I would argue that the technical difficulties mentioned by the manager in November 2007 have not yet been resolved. In February I reported the problem to a male member of the reception staff and then heard him tell other guests that the maintenance manager regulates the heating at specific times of the day so it only comes on for a couple of hours at teatime and goes off completely at midnight. I did wonder why each room has a control switch if that was the case.

The heating issue spoiled an otherwise enjoyable stay on both occasions and I feel that a hotel of this standard should be able to offer basic warmth for guests as part of the room rates.

However it is important to point out that the rooms are very clean and modern and the showers are great - much better than other hotels we have stayed in . Also, several members of our family stayed on other floors and said their rooms were warm enough so we were unfortunate to be given the 2nd floor.

Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member Jim'n'Ros

Booked through Octopus Travel, and paid just £93-00 for two nights bed & breakfast. This was a business trip.

The room was comfortable and clean. Very quiet too. No problems with the heating. Breakfast was excellent, as was the overall service.

Would stay here again.

A poor night's sleep

by TripAdvisor Member Claire166

As a frequent business traveller, my reaction to the Ramada is very mixed:
GOOD= Lovely large room, excellent view, very clean, very quick room service & lovely staff
BAD= £4 charge for parking, charge for internet, £3 charge on top of bill for room service, meal delivered was average (chef's salad) and worst of all the noise! My room must have been next to the lift shaft as I was kept awake for a lot of the night despite earplugs and a skillfully wrapped duvet! I am not a particularly light sleeper either.
I do appreciate that lifts make a noise and that rooms will be built next to them, but hotels should also appreciate that someone has paid for a room in order to get a decent night's sleep.

Overall impressions were that I wanted to like the place because it looked so good, but ultimately the things I NEED in a hotel: parking, wifi and a good nights sleep, were not forthcoming.
I have stayed in much cheaper hotels and had vastly better stay, if not such a nice view!

Enjoyed the Ramada

by TripAdvisor Member MaggieCrewe

I hadn't made a reservation but the friendly, efficient staff quickly sorted out a room for me which contained the best shower I have ever experienced.

There was a problem with the bedroom curtain and I was immediately offered a change of room. The dinner was excellent, accompanied by gentle jazz which is customary there on Friday nights. I really enjoyed my brief stay

St Marys HallSt Marys Hall