A461 Dudley Road, Dudley, EN DY5

Orbitz.com Travelocity TheHotels.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Surly Staff Make Vistors Feel Like Prison Inmates!

What can I say?
    You get what you pay for and over the whole during my time spent staying in the Travelodge chain of hotels, it's gone pretty okay until now and although basic and cheap it's therefore useful when you generally travel around the country with work as I do.

But I'll NEVER stay at another TRAVELODGE again as long as I LIVE!!!

I Booked in with pleasant manageress at 3pm in preparation to do a work-related lecture that evening in a nearby venue. I Nipped out of room for leg-stretch - back at 3.45pm through front door and different receptionist on duty. As usual when I travel and use Travelodge, I asked for a couple of extra milk cartons for my room. Conversation went as follows:
    "Erm, could I have some extra milk please for my room (*smile as usual which normally brings rapid response and nice attitude from receptionist other establishments*)
    "Have you registered then?"
    Yes, I've already registered with the other lady, thank you (*another smile – all’s well)
    "What's your name then?" (Abrupt manner)
    I've just told you, I've already registered and booked in at 3pm"
    "Yes, but what's your name - I need your name to see if you are in the computer"
    "Why, look what is this – I only want some milk?"
    "What name - and what room number is it"
    "I'll get my key out
    (Slight pause while the girl eyes me suspiciously, not believing a word)
    “IT’S HERE, LOOK!"
    "Well, I still want your name.... to see if you’re registered on the computer.
    “I’ve just told you I am – why would I be holding the key???”
    ...............
    So on it went until I got cross, then the girl started with her high-handedness, hands on hips, eyes rolling, raising her voice, demanding and at that point the manageress came out-
    "Whatever is the matter?"
    ...so I told the manageress if I had a staff member like that who spoke to people like she had, she'd be looking for a job. There are ways to ask people nicely and not make them feel humiliated and standing there while staff repeatedly doubts you!
    The argument with the mouthy girl kept on- even to the point PERSONALLY INSULTING how I spoke!
    Manageress tried a different tack - told me they had to be careful, they'd had a lot of trouble with burglary recently (obviously, it didn’t occur to either of them that if I had been a thief, I would hardly have gone up to the counter and asked for milk….or is it that milk-cartons must be extremely valuable in Dudley and daylight raids must’ve taken place for me to be under such suspicion at 3.45pm.....?!)

I notice they have no inner key-card on the door leading to the rooms, so I'd be EXTREMELY CAREFUL if staying here if they DO get a lot of 'trouble' at the hotel as suggested...especially from people wanting cups of tea….

Other than that, the place was tired and weary-looking and the room smelled badly of body odor masked with bleach.

And don't expect head office (customer complaints department) to be helpful either - no refund/no credit after written and very polite complaint – nothing except to say I used ‘offensive and inappropriate comment’... so despite being a regular customer over five years staying at the chain nationwide, I was treated like a criminal at the hotel and made to feel worthless by Customer Services.

MY STRONG ADVICE:
    After staying recently a PREMIER INN - is pay a little extra more and STAY AT PREMIER INN and give the Travelodge chain a swerve. The PREMIER INN rooms are clean, very comfortable and the staff seems to be better presented and fully trained in ways to make a guest feel VALUED.

…but if you DO stay at this hotel…please take your OWN milk to avoid being treated like a THIEF!!!

Comments