Hilton Arundel

Costs 41% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hilton Arundel

Clean and Comfortable but Not Great

by TripAdvisor Member GordyB

I stayed here on and off between October 2006 and February 2007.

You can tell this hotel is used by Hilton for training their staff. The service would vary from stay to stay. Some staff would be excellent but others would be well below par. The same was true for the food.

Rarely ate in the resturant but when I did I was always disappointed.

Lovely weekend retreat

by TripAdvisor Member FennyMan

Stayed here with a family group the weekend of 20th - 22nd April. It was booked by a member of the group through the Saga magazine at a cost of around £67 per room per night and included Full English breakfast plus dinner on the first night.

It's a nice traditional type of hotel converted from an old school within beautiful surroundings, it has lovely gardens and an 18 hole golf course (if that's your thing) & a putting green area, indoor and outdoor pools (the latter not open during our stay) plus a gym etc. etc. Our stay was during a particularly fine spell of weather with the temp in the mid 20s and it was very pleasant just sitting on the patio with a beer or two but beware the mystery holes here. There are holes in some of the slabs where things must have stood at some time (maybe umbrellas) and one of our party almost lost a chair leg down one - you have been warned.

The public areas are pleasantly decorated & furnished as are the rooms, with the bathrooms being particularly well appointed. Our room was on the ground floor along some long corridors that incorporated some steep wooden ramps and I would not recommend the rooms in this area for people with mobility issues. The only problem we had with the actual room was that the central heating didn't seem to stretch to our area which made it chilly in the evenings.

The service in the restaurant sometimes left a lot to be desired with long waits between courses and for tea in the mornings. If you wish to eat or drink outside of the hotel then there is a restaurant close to the hotel entrance or you have to drive as there is nowhere else within walking distance.

All in All - a very pleasant stay in glorious surroundings at a respectable price.

Don't Stay Here!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member JOD1501

This is the worst Hilton Hotel I have ever stayed in. We were unfortunate enough to stay the same night as a wedding reception was happening - and our room was directly above the toilet facilities next to the function room. The music was so loud (and I'm not an old woman, but I do need my sleep!) I felt I had a DJ in my bedroom spinning his sounds. The door in the Gents toilets directly below my room was faulty and every time someone used the toilet the door slammed very loudly. I complained to Reception 4 times from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. and nothing was done about it! In the end I got up and investigated myself. We had booked a non-smoking room, but were allocated a smoking room and it stank. The rooms have no air con and as the majority of them overlook the car park, you can't sleep with the window open as it's too noisy. All in all I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. There are nicer places in Arundel itself to stay - DO NOT STAY AT THE HILTON you will be very disappointed! I have stayed in lots of Hilton Hotels in the past, but never one as bad as this one!

ArundelArundel

View from the KeepView from the Keep

Edible Sandwich CompanyEdible Sandwich Company

Arundel at river Arun, with castle & priory ruinsArundel at river Arun, with castle & priory ruins

Travel Tips for Arundel

Arundel

by aah_stone

Arundel is a small town near to where I live with many attractions including a castle (where the Duke of Norfolk lives), a cathedral a river, a lake and a wildfowl and wetlands centre. Also Arundel boasts many antiques shops. On top of that there is an excellent series of outdoor shops/expidition advisors.

So you can see why I quite often visit this town.

"High Street"

The main high street in Arundel runs up and down a hill with many shops and places to eat.

"The River"

You will often find many diffrerent types of bird swimming on the river in Arundel, usually several swans can be seen as well as a host of seagulls of varying types.

Comments