Southgate Avenue, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 6LW, United Kingdom

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 11% higher than other 4 star hotels

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Great Hotel near Gatwick Airport!

Stayed here for one night following flight into Gatwick, booked it prior to visit following recommendations from VTers.

Excellent service from booking to departing!
    All staff offer good customer service (Apparently they've won awards for their WOW factor)
    If arriving at Gatwick, phone the hotel and they'll book the taxi (£10) -cheaper than if booking independently from airport. Hotel is also adjoined by train station.

From the outside, the hotel doesn't look anything special, especially on a dull January morning, but inside it's a different story!

A huge atrium open plan style reception, lounge, bar area, with glass enclosed lifts.
    Comfy sofas, and funky wooden seats in the shape of a hand. Internet area. Outside is a terrace with fountain, overlooking open parkland.
    Health Suite, with pool, gym and beauty treatments.
    Souvenir shop.
    Booked room only so not sure of dining facillities, but should imagine food and service is very good!
    Popular with airline staff!!

Unique Quality: On arrival you're issued with a key card for your room and to operate the lift!
    Once in your room, put your card in the nearby console to activate lighting! Theres also climate control and electronic 'do not disturb' notice. ( A bit confusing in the early hours after a flight!!)
    My room was very spacious, and tastefully decorated, with en suite bathroom (bath and seperate shower)
    TV/radio, Tea/coffee/ kettle etc. fridge (Ice machine in hall) iron, hairdryer, trouser press. Plenty of storeage space

Would definately stay here again if travelling to/from Gatwick! This group also has hotel at Heathrow and Manchester (city centre)

Directions: Your taxi driver will know the way!!
    Train from South Terminal Gatwick Airport, not sure of details if coming from London, but will try to find out soon!

More about Arora International Gatwick

Great overnight hotel close to Gatwick

by TripAdvisor Member TTSanDiego

Tha Arora Hotel in Crawley is a great overnight hotel close to Gatwick airport. They have a shuttle that will pick you up and drop you off. They run a very efficient hotel. The room was very clean and VERY comfortable beds. There is a quaint little town within a couple of block. Don't wait too late to grab dinner! I would stay here again.

Nice hotel BUT

I can only give this hotel a 6 out of 10.

Dont get me wrong, the hotel itself was nice and clean.

good spot for an overnight stay as its v close to gatwick airport.

my partner and i attended a wedding there, food was poor - meat not cooked enough.

Rooms are nice and clean, bed v comfy - nice and soft.

Bar was a joke. £6 for a shot of whiskey? madness thats €10 for god sake!

No pool either which was a disapointment,

OVERALL
Nice hotel, but too expensive for what you get.

One of the Best Gatwick Hotels

by TripAdvisor Member paulhickey

I have stayed at the Hilton which is overated, expensive and antequated, The Europa which was awful and the Le meridien which is nice but very pricey.

In comparison this hotel is a winner.

Okay so the have a bit of building work going on but it only affects where you park your car.

The lobby and ground floor areas are very relaxing and there is a nice coffee come bar shop in the middle.

The rooms are immaculate with nice beds and lovely clean bathrooms.
The staff were friendly and keen to assist if needed.

I stayed here the night before traveling and walked into the town centre for a bit of shopping and then ate in the sports bar attached to the hotel.

All in all this hotel gives you what you want for a great price and is hard to beat.

This was a great find and i will be using it again

Noisey Aircon - Suffolk Folk

Arrived on 4th July and noticed there was building work taking place at the hotel, most of the cars in the car park were covered in dust as a result. The room was spacious / clean and the bed was comfortable. The air conditioning was really noisey - we reported it reception when we were leaving. The Palm Bar is expensive, but if you go to the other adjacent bar prices are slightly cheaper and the food was ok but nothing special. When it came to getting our shuttle bus from the hotel to the terminal the co-ordinator seemed a bit confused about who was going in which bus. However, the bus driver remained very calm under the circumstances. We were told by the hotel to phone them when we arrived back at Gatwick and they would order us a taxi locally for us because the shuttle bus would not be operating at the time we needed it, and that it would be cheaper than us ordering a taxi. We called the hotel and waited 20 mins no taxi turned up so we called the hotel again and they said that there had been a mistake and the taxi had gone to the wrong place, 10 mins later a taxi did pick us up and take us back to the hotel but he charged us £3.50 more than the hotel had quoted - To their credit the hotel re-funded the difference when we reported what had happened.

When we went to collect our car from the car park as we guessed (it was covered in dust).

Think most of the building work has finished now but please be aware.

What a hotel!

We needed a place to stay for one night while laying over for a morning flight. What a surprise! $99 pounds a night, new hotel (3 yrs) great bathrooms, new modern decor, in house bar, restaurant and a small downtown of Crawley 10 minutes walking. Great restaruants down there- try the Blue India for fantastic Indian food.
The next time we are in London we wil try to stay a few nights there.
If you have a car parking will be an issue- use the complimentary shuttle to the hotel. We couldn't fign a phone number for them so we used a taxi- only $13.50 pounds.
Great service- highly recomended!

Excellent hotel..

by TripAdvisor Member Bernies Girl

We recently stayed at the Arora hotel and where very impressed. The hotel itself was very stylish with a plush seating area and a clean & pretty outdoor patio area. The rooms were well equiped with all the basics and were nice & clean. Breakfast was also worth having with plenty of choice & friendly serving staff. The only problem we had was with the iron in our room which didont get hot enough resulting in us having creased clothes but apart from this we found everything very good. My Boyfriend was especially impressed with the adjoining bar as it was showing the England match. Will defiently stay here again when we are in the area.

Comfortable Stay

I booked here based on the reviews. I had hoped to have a few hours to have a meal and maybe have a proper look around, but my flight was delayed meaning I didn't arrive until 10:30 instead of 5pm and therefore only really saw the reception area and the room.
The reception area is bright and spacious. The hotel is used a lot by flight crew, which is an encouraging sign. The woman on check out was friendly and booked me in for the shuttle bus going back to the airport next morning. This runs hourly.
The room was very comfortable. The system with the key card having to go into a slot took a bit of figuring out. It is quite far from the door. What happened was the door swung shut, leaving me in total darkness and unable to find it. I had to then re-open the door and wedge it open with my suitcase. Then I had light!
The bed room was nicely furnished and comfortable. I ordered a pasta meal from room service. This was delicious and was brought up promptly by a very nice waiter.
The bed was extremely comfortable and once I figured out silencing the airconditining, which didn't take long. I had a wonderful restful sleep. After my flight delay, I was grateful for this. No mini-bar although there is a fridge. Strange.
I had breakfast back at the airport and can therefore not comment on that.
I may stay here again. There are hotels closer to the airport, but if I had a lay-over then being in the town of Crawley may allow me to get some fresh air before being couped up on a plane and this would be an advantage, but arriving in the dark, it was difficult to get my bearings for some of the other things mentioned in previous reviews.
The hotel was good and I got a great value rate. Had I not been so tired from my delay I might have been more able to enjoy it.

Great Hotel

My wife and I had a stop over from Italy enroute to the United States. I looked up all of the hotels in the Crawley area to try to get a moderate priced hotel that was clean and comfortable. The only review I could find that met my needs was on the Arora International. I was still somewhat skeptical about what I would find on arrival being that it is close to the airport. What we found was an extremely clean room, with a new bathroom, and comfortable bedding. I have not been to any of the other hotels in the area, but I doubt you'll find a cleaner, less expensive one! A winner!!

Check in was a complete shambles and spoiled our stay

I stayed here with my wife and two children aged 4 and 8 on 30 Sept prior to flying to America. I booked a family room (2 double rooms with inter connecting door) with 15 days parking through Holiday extras approximately 6 months before my stay. First impressions are excellent. The hotel is ultra modern and the reception area both inside and outside was spotless. However when we got to our bedrooms, which were in the new part of the hotel, one of our bedrooms was fine but the other had not been cleaned and tidied and the bed was unmade from the previous night’s stay and rubbish was on the floor. I returned to reception and they allocated me two different rooms and I was assured these were inter connecting. However, when we went in each room they were in fact one half of two separate inter connecting rooms and were not connected to themselves. Following another visit to reception they then allocated me a family suite that they assured me was better and more spacious than having two inter connecting double rooms. Upon arriving at this room this appeared to be the case however, when the door was opened the heat from inside the room was unbearable. The receptionist said she would put the air conditioning on full and if we left it for a while and returned it would be OK. We left it for about an hour and then returned only to find no real change at all, if anything it was even hotter than before. I returned to reception for a third time to complain to the manager and was given yet another family suite which was OK. It then transpired that the air conditioning in the first family suite we were given had been reported as faulty and the room should not have been used. The manager gave myself and my family a complimentary drink from the bar to apologise for the inconvenience. However, I pointed out to them given that the booking had been made and paid for in full for some time I certainly did not expect four room changes and this level of service from a 4* hotel. This experience spoiled our stay considerably. One area of improvement that would help guests considerably is if there was a lift to connect the underground car park to the front area of the hotel so you didn’t have to carry your heavy cases up two flights of steps. One thing though that the hotel has got exactly right is the beds, they are exceptionably comfortable and ensured a good nights sleep once we found an acceptable room !!

Comments