Gatwick Worth Hotel

Crabbet Park, Turners Hill Road, Worth, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 4ST, United Kingdom
Holiday Inn London Gatwick Worth
Agoda.com IHG Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 12% higher than other 4 star hotels

More about Gatwick Worth Hotel

Wheres my car??

by TripAdvisor Member Purd

We recently booked a parking/overnight stay package at The Gatwick Worth Hotel. Our stay was ok, meal average but service exceptionally poor on the reception desk, especially when it came to handing our car keys over!

On returning from our 8hour overnight flight we were eager to get back to the Hotel and collect our car only to be greeted by a lady on reception who could not find our name on the list of cars for that day. This continued when they could not actually find any details for us but proceeded to hand various car keys to us asking 'our these yours'?!!

The hotel had a powercut that morning so could not locate the whereabouts of our car and another family returned half an hour later to be welcomed by exactly the same dilemma, along with another couple who had this problem also awaiting them!

We waited for 2 hours before they actually located our car, which was on another car park away from the hotel behind numerous other cars!! The Manager was helpful and did manage to sort out the problem but I will not be booking with this Hotel again, due to the sheer incompetance of the place and the lack of organisation.

Would stay again

by TripAdvisor Member HolidayHarmony

My husband and i stayed at the Gatwick Worth before our early morning flight from Gatwick. Check-in was quick and easy, the staff very helpful. we did not use the restaurant as we arrived late in the evening but it looked clean and well managed. getting to our room was a nightmare as there are lots of stairs and corridors to wonder down, not accessable for the disabled.

our room was large, tidy and clean, with a double bed, television, hairdryer and tea making facilities, everything you would expect really. after a comfortable night we caught our early morning bus to the airport, the pick-up was well organised and on time.

on returning to the uk late at night we rang the hotel and arranged to be picked up. the receptionist said the wait could be half an hour but the bus was there within 10 minutes. the bus driver and the hotel staff were all very helpful and my car was in perfect condition.

although we only spent one night at the hotel and did not use all the facilities i can not find fault with the hotel. yes it is basic but its clean and i would certainly stay there again

What do you expect for the money you pay to stay here?

by TripAdvisor Member misskjd

My boyfriend and I were planning on driving to Gatwick the morning of our flight which would have meant having to get up at 2am to set off for the airport at 3am to travel from wales- after an awful experience with national express last year, we decided to drive and pay to park somewhere. The cheapest parking I could find for 14 nights if I can remember correctly was about £70, then I found this place, with an over night stay and 15 nights parking for £80! We had a long haul flight to Mexico ahead of us and decided it would be best to get a good nights sleep prior to our departure. We didnt eat at the resturant so I cant comment there but our room, although reminiscent of those motels where people have affairs on US films, was very clean, tidy and comfortable. The bed was clean, quite comfortable and the bathroom was also clean and tidy with plenty of fresh towels. What people expect from a Best Western hotel I don't know but if it's a place to lay your head before a long haul flight then this place is OK. I am more used to and enjoy staying in 5* hotels, however, being that I was at the hotel for less than 12 hours, I wasn't going to waste my money. If you are staying at this hotel the night before your flight and are concerned about the food then I would advise you to do what we did and find a nice restaurant or pub en route to the hotel.
One problem I should point out is that there are no elevators so be prepared to haul your case up a somewhat narrow staircase!
As with another comment I read, it is first come first served with the transfer coaches - we didn't arrive until gone 9pm so the coach we needed in the morning was fully booked. The hotel arranged a taxi for us at the cost of £10.50 - OK we expected the transfer which was free for customers who booked with holidayextras.com but it took the total cost up to £90.50 for a room, transfers to and from airport and 15 nights parking - I still consider this to be very cheap and I was not about to let £10 ruin my holiday!

Okay, except shuttle service deliberately delayed by staff!

by TripAdvisor Member adgjm

Room was just fine, although shape of hotel and layout of hallways leaves guest wandering like rats in a maze. Access to parking was very poor due to huge fitness convention. Staff was friendly, although shuttle arrangements were dreadful. We were advised to reserve a shuttle for the following morning, as we had an appointment in London, so we reserved it for 9:00 (the first guests to do so). The next morning, we were prompt, but hotel staff decided to hold shuttle 1/2 hour longer to load a group of other hotel guests with us, then bring us all to the airport. There was a SECOND shuttle right there! This put us behind schedule. We needed the South terminal to catch a train, but they shuttled everyone to the North terminal first, instead, despite the fact that we reserved the shuttle. When we finally got to the South terminal, we literally had to race to the trains, running through the airport as fast as possible. Then arriving at London Victoria Station, again we had to race as fast as possible to our destination. This was simply awful, highly improper, and extremely poor customer service. Why reserve the shuttle if the staff is just going to bypass that purpose?

good, clean, cheap hotel

by TripAdvisor Member iye6710

stayed here for one night after our holiday.

i was a little worried after reading some reviews on here, but we found the hotel room to be very clean, plenty of fresh clean towels and the bed was very comfortable.

we had a meal in the bar, very good and not to expensive,

all the staff were very friendly and helpful.

we used the hotel bus for our return journey to hotel, quick pickup and free

our car was just has we had left it, ie no damage

we will use this hotel again in the future when we fly from gatwick.

Not such a good stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Tayloss

We didnt have a very good start to our stay due to the lack of staff on arrival to the hotel (4pm). We were in a queue of 4 people and took almost half an hour to get checked in to our room.

We didnt find the stay that friendly, but we didnt pay too much to stay. The room was ok, although we had a silverfish and glass in the toilet. The bedding was clean, although the carpet was very dirty and stained along with the walls and ceilings???

We used the shuttle and had no problems on the way out or back, althought our driver from Gatwick to the hotel was brilliant and had a great sense of humour. We picked up our car from the side road that had a steep drop on one side and had to be careful not to hit any other cars due to the closeness of how it was parked!

All in all, we wouldnt stay here again, although it suited our parking needs, the hotel itself isnt up to most others in its class. Also, its in dire need of a refit.

Stay here only if you really need to!

Good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member raspberryjam

After reading some of the othere reviews I was a little worried about staying here, but it was everything that we wanted.

I had booked this hotel some months ago with holiday express over the internet. We paid £80 in total for 1 night stay and 15 night parking (picked the car up yesterday).

The booking reciept printed from the net had full instuctions of how to get to the hotel, they were clear and concise and very simple to follow.

Check in was quick but we found that there were no lifts and we had to drag our suitcases up stairs to our room.

We had a drink at the bar and steak sandwiches from the bar menu- very tasty.

Our room was clean and comfortable and we arranged for a wake up call at 5am.

We had no problems with the airport transfers to and from Gatwick and upon return found our car had been moved but was undamaged.

All in all a pleasent experience and will diffinatly use this hotel again.

Get there a day before for the free shuttle service!!

by TripAdvisor Member Dzinte

I had booked this hotel in July as a necessary overnight for a trip to Yalta. The Ukrainian Hotel has had bad reviews but it is far better than this place.

I had booked the Hotel as it said it had a free shuttle bus. On going to the Hotel I phoned and was told I would need to wait 20 mins. I waited 40. When I got to the Hotel I was asked what time I wanted the bus to the airport. I asked for 8 am but was told the bus was full. I was told I would need to pay £10 for a taxi. I objected to this and was told that it was first come first served for transport - but what they do not say is that they have an 8 seater minibus for a 120 bedroom hotel. I was not the only person at check in who was disatisfied. In the end as a single I got a bus at 7 am and hasd 2 and a half hours to kill in the airport rather than a relaxing sleep following a long journey from Ukraine.

The room was clean and the bathroom had nice toiletries. However it was disconcerting to have a large cigarette burn in the coverlet in a non smoking room.

The hotel was a rabbit warren and it was hard to find the room. The staircase was shabby. There was no lift and so this place would be no good for any guest with a disability.

Having told them what I thought at check in I did tell them that I would be posting an avoid at trip Advisor. I got a reasonable rate but if I had paid the rack rate of £100 for a single room I'd have been livid about the service at this hotel.

Cheap bit not Cheerful

by TripAdvisor Member Weekdaytraveller

As a business traveller I spend a lot of time in hotels so I have become tolerant of some of their shortcomings but I won't be staying here again.
Check in was very slow and with phones ringing the receptionist was expected to answer them and look after me.
Reception and restaurant looked very clean and shiny but the corridors were very gloomy and "prision like" in colour (not that I've ever been in prison!)
The room had a very tired, grubby feel to it and the bathroom needed a through clean - I won't go into the stench that was coming up from the basin waste.
The work desk was tiny - and no where near big enough for me to set up my laptop and working papers.
Trying to put it into perspective I pushed my negative thoughts to one side and ordered room service. The delivery was very quick - too quick as the steak & kidney pudding had not been left to stand following being microwaved! I left it to stand for 5 minutes and it actually got warmer! The veg was bland and, in my opinion, undercooked. The apple pie was eatable but not tasty.
The TV was a minute portable one with very poor reception.
I was very pleased to move on from here......and I'll not be back!

Comments