Yotel London Gatwick Airport

London Gatwick Airport South Terminal, Arrivals Concourse, Crawley, RH6 0NP, United Kingdom
YOTEL London Gatwick Airport
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Yotel London Gatwick Airport

Yotel Is Brilliant!

by TripAdvisor Member RoomtoStretch

YOTEL is simply superb! It's a brilliant concept to offer book-by-the-hour accommodation right within the airport arrivals area. I was completely impressed and delighted by my whole experience with the London Gatwick YOTEL and recommend it without reservation.

I just discovered YOTEL this September when I booked myself in for a Toronto-London flight landing at 5:00 a.m. local time. I'd never heard of YOTEL before but decided top give it a try. I pre-booked myself in for 6 hours -- time for a sluice and a good snooze before connecting with my London hosts at a civilized hour in the early afternoon. I thought this would be a good way to get over jet lag, adjust to local time, and feel all fresh and ready to go on my first day instead of bagged out, grubby and blurry, as I usually do after an international flight.

I LOVED my little cabin! It was ingeniously compact, snug as a ship's berth, and scrupulously clean. (And I really liked that soft, soporific purple glow when the lights are on dim.) I was able to have a proper shower. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in, bar none. I also appreciated the fact that you can have TOTAL darkness in these units -- no daylight filtering in to keep you half-awake. And COMPLETE quiet. I slept like a log!

The young man on the counter was cheerful, courteous and helpful. Absolutely first-rate service here.

Another woman had booked herself in for the same time interval as me and was also a first-time user. We met at check-in and again at check-out, at which time we traded notes. She was as delighted as I was. Actually, we were more than delighted -- we were totally wound up with enthusiasm. It was a kind of evangelical thing -- wanting to "tell all the people" and so forth.

YOTEL delivers completely and beautifully on what it promises to do. Their web site shows you exactly what you can expect. AND IT'S CHEAP!

I promised the nice man at the counter that I'd pass the word along and I'm happy to keep that promise by posting this recommendation here. I hope YOTEL keeps opening in more airports around the world. I'd definitely build a YOTEL stay into any travel plan that involved a long flight or an inconvenient arrival or departure time.

Loved the concept and enjoyed greatly the experience

by TripAdvisor Member Anne-Helene1

This was the best "Gatwick connection" experience I had ever had. I stayed at the Yotel Gatwick for a night while waiting for my connection. Arrived there at 8:30pm and left at 8:30am. The reception people were very helpful, the hotel is very very conveniently located in the Gatwick South terminal, it is impeccably clean and the rooms are very comfortable. True, they are 70 sf (or 7 square meters) but they are fun to sleep in. Very soft bedding, nice flat panel tv, shower with a lot of pressure. To sum up a real finding!!! I will never stay anywhere else anymore when going through Gatwick. It also saves you the hassle of the hotel shuttle. I paid 56 pound for 12 hours or a little more than $100. Try to beat that in the area.

A qualified endorsement

by TripAdvisor Member dangerFlorida

I recently spent 8 hours in the new Gatwick Yotel. It was a good experience with just a few notable exceptions. On the plus side, the price was less than 1/2 of what I have frequently paid at the other two Gatwick hotels (Hilton and Sofitel).

Despite the incredibly small size of the room, I found the Yotel to be very comfortable. However, there was no soap or shampoo in the bathroom nor is a hand towel provided. There is no phone or clock in the room so you have to figure out how to set a wake up call on the TV. In theory, you also use the TV to order the 24-hour room service but, after trying to place an order for 30 minutes, I was told that room service was not currently available.

Despite the problems noted above, the price and convenience of Yotel make it a great choice especially if you have an early departure from Gatwick.

Great Staff,

by TripAdvisor Member peggysue22

I had just got off a flight and was exhausted and had two big suitcases, I had looked at the Yotel online and decided to give it a go, although the rooms are small (that's the whole point) it was a great place to rest, shower,watch tv, leave luggage and relax before a flight . It also has easy access to the city by the way of train and tube.

The staff were very very helpful and very friendly more so than you would get at all the big chains. I would definetly reccommend and stay again.

Great Comfort and Relaxation

by TripAdvisor Member scottandrew75

We stayed at the Yotel in Gatwick Airport from 2am-6am on a Sunday morning layover from Rhodes to Dublin. This worked out perfect for our needs. We arrived in Dublin at 7:30 am refreshed and ready to start our day.

The room was small but completely what we had hoped for. The bed was comfortable for a 3 hour nap and the shower / toilet room was very clean.

The only recommendation I would make is to bring your own alarm clock!! The TV can be set as an alarm for you to wake up, but once turned off the volume would reset itself to low. We overslept 15 minutes not realizing the TV had come on to wake us. On the plus side I guess this shows how comfortable we were sleeping there!!

Very very noisy!!

by TripAdvisor Member superwrong

After a 6 hour coach journey to Gatwick, and with the prospect of an 11 hour flight the next day, we were looking forward to arriving at the Yotel and getting a good nights sleep. The room was clean and very well designed, the fold down sofa/bed was a great idea and very comfortable. Although the rooms are tiny, there seemed to be plenty of room. We had a nice meal in the airport terminal, a mere 2 minute walk from our room, and then went back to the room to watch a film and get an early night. This is where the trouble began. Because the rooms are quite often used by people on layover, the doors were opening and banging closed seemingly all the time, so it was very hard to get any rest. We were in cabin 3 and we could hear the people in the galley (reception) chatting all night long, as well as all the people checking in chattering away before getting shown to their room. I didn't sleep a wink and despite complaining to the galley nothing was done. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone without industrial strength ear plugs.

Great idea, let down by a few details

by TripAdvisor Member alexs76

Stayed overnight here because my partner had an early morning flight. We got a 'premium' cabin which is fine for 2 people. The idea is excellent - you don't need much space for a simple overnight stay, the room has got everything you could want, the price is reasonable, and it's fantastic to be so close to airport departures. However there are a few design flaws: in particular, there was no door on our bathroom so it was not exactly private; when I turned on the shower, it sprayed water horizontally across the bathroom, over me, and into the bedroom; and then there is nowhere to hang anything to dry. Soundproofing was also not great although with ear plugs I still slept quite well. If these details were sorted out it would be excellent.

Does what it says on the box.

by TripAdvisor Member Doughballs

I agree wholeheartedly with most of the other reviews. Yes it is small (BTW there is a 360 tour on the website), but it is right in the middle of the South terminal and basically has everything you need for a one night stay. Compared to hotels within the terminal it is really good value and compared to the cheaper hotels outside of the terminal you get your precious extra 20 minutes sleep. Roll out of bed, into the shower and to check in. Terminal bars and restaurants are a couple of minutes away, but if you cannot make it that far they do room (or pod?) service. Only downside for me was that it was noisy, you could hear people from early in the morning. Also maybe I would go for Premier cabin next time for that little bit of extra space. But soooo convenient and a great concept.

small but well laid out

by TripAdvisor Member contentscot

Found this hotel by accident doing research into hotels in Gatwick on this site, and im glad I did.
This is a basic pod room thing with a bed, toilet and shower. We stayed in a standard room and it did exactly what we wanted, it provided an extremely convienent place to sleep and relax post a long transatlantic flight and pre a domestic flight home to Scotland.
This hotel is very well presented, my only problem was the height the bed was at in our room and the snugness with two of us in the bed meant the edge and corresponding drop felt very close at times. This could be easily sorted with a moveable safety bar.
Overall this is a great concept and rather than sitting in the airport on a uncomfy seat watching our bags, we had a quick snooze.

New, Comfortable rooms, Stylish, Fantastic staff what more can i say!

by TripAdvisor Member bboplondon

I was running late for a flight and missed it and could not get another one till the morning! So I looked around and every were was booked. I found this amazing place at the heart of the arrivals in the south terminal. The staff were sooo heplfull, moved some stuff around and gave me a room. The prices were so cheap and the room one of the best ive ever stayed in!

I was very lucky cause i got the last room, but there was many others who was looking for a room as well. The staff did not stop there..... The staff then was looking online for other people who needed some were to stay the night. They booked the rooms via there computer printed out their confermation and wished them all the best!

Most hotels you get a lovely room with some quite comforts. But this hotel gave stay, Luxury, free internet and to top it off a great team behind them.

Some say the rooms are small. But lets face it no one stays in a airport hotel cause there on a 2 week holiday!

I say the rooms are the right size. Perfect infact! They do the job and more

A definate must stay and enjoy what the hotel has to offer!!!

Comments