Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfiel

YorkshireYorkshire

Travel Tips for Huddersfield

Orlikins Luv Goes To 'Uddersfield

by orlikins

I went to Huddersfield on a business trip (voice-over job), so I did not see much.

Originally this job was supposed to take place in London, but damn it, the studio was double-booked and it had to be moved up to Hudderfield... I felt a bit cheated somehow!! An all-expenses paid business trip to Hudderfield is not quite the same as one to London!

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice town, but there really isn't an awful lot to write home about. i had a couple of hours to spare to look around the town and after an hour and a half, I just went back to the hotel. I did find it unusual that I could not find any "Things to Do" tips in VT about the town...even the local tourist literature suggests going outside the town to visit nearby villages such as Holmfirth etc. The surrounding countryside is lovely though.

"BB6's Lesley"

"I've got the biggest boobs in 'Uddersfield. Well except for me mum. And also me nan"

That same weekend I was in Huddersfield, a local girl got into the UK Big Brother 6 House... god, she was SO vulgar, trashy and tarty. Really horrible fat slapper who thought she was God's Gift.

"The Pennine Mountains"

Took this pic from the train to Manchester of this scenic little village in the Yorkshire Pennine mountains. If you think you recognise it, do let me know the name of it. :)

I was surprised to see such unspoilt scenery on this train route. I had always thought that the area between Manchester and Leeds was just one big huge urban sprawl. So green, I could almost be back home :)

Comments