Hey Green Hotel

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Tags

Family Travel

Not only a Rip off but now Total lack of Class

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 13, 2011

What a Rip Off! - My son and Daughter-in-Law held their wedding at this hotel and we and several of the wedding party stayed at the hotel the night of the wedding. Because we were traveling from America for the wedding I made a point of paying for our room before leaving the U.S. I reserved a room for myself my wife and my 11 year old daughter, my daughter sleeping on a fold out bed in our room. On checking out of the hotel I was annoyed to be charged an extra ten pounds for my daughters bed, on top of what I had already been charged. When I asked for an explanation I was told the charge was because there were still rooms not taken in the hotel and therefore still beds available and no need for a fold out bed in my room. When I pointed out that my daughter is 11years old and too young to have her own room they changed their story and told me the extra charge was for the extra labour of putting the bed in the room! I have stayed in hotels all over the U.K and Europe and have never been charged extra for a fold out bed before this. As for the included breakfast it took us half an hour and several requests of the waitress just to get a cup of tea!
Well since I posted this last review The Hey Green proved just how cheap and classless they can be by contacting my son on his honeymoon to whine about me giving them a bad review!!!
My review was honest and in fact I never mentioned the fact that the furniture in our room was covered in stains or that even though it was a hot summers night with no air conditioning we were unable to open our bedroom window because at check-in we were warned that if we did we would be eaten alive by bugs. To the Hey Green I say, stop being such low life's. If you have anything to say about my review don't go interrupting my sons honeymoon to whine to him. Try growing a pair and call me direct, I am sure you have my number from my reservation!
Read more: http://www.virtualtourist.com/hotels/Europe/United_Kingdom/England/West_Yorkshire/Huddersfield-311093/Hotels_and_Accommodations-Huddersfield-Hey_Green_Hotel-BR-1.html#ixzz1UwDSpEqn

Huddersfield Travel Forum

Need advice about Huddersfield, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Huddersfield and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Huddersfield hotel reviews