Cliff Lawn Hotel

ST IVES PASTY SHOPST IVES PASTY SHOP

THE HEADROWTHE HEADROW

new years eve

by jacquitabanana

Hey I know I may be early but you all know booking early is important to get the cheap flights. Myself and mates wanna leave Dublin for a change this new years.
leeds is looking cheap flight wise.
Anyone tell me where a nice decent area to stay in and hows the night life for new years eve. any tips welcome. thanks you

RE: new years eve

by largerama

The city centre and close to city centre is really gonna be your best option if you want nightlife other than pubs in Leeds. There is a travelodge in city centre and an Ibis I think it is close to city centre for budget accom but of course they likeevery one else, will up it for NY eve. If you want more lux then there is Hilton, Malmaison, Marriot and more. If you tell me your budget options I can better help you.

Nightlife will be club events and usually all ticket so you need to decide what type of club you want. These may help:
http://www.itchyleeds.co.uk or http://www.leedsguide.co.uk. They may even tell you who is doing what. NY eve is not really a night for pub crawling in Leeds and even pubs will charge sometimes.

Hope this helps but if its any other reason your looking at coming to Leeds other than clubbing then I can probably help with that too.

Just email me

Nickx

RE: new years eve

by Andyxp

Headingley is about 5-10 minute drive from leeds town centre and its by the university and BnB's are about £15 per person per night. I havn't been there in a while but the prices havn't changes much I don't think... But for new years the prices might be higher.. Good luck

RE: RE: new years eve

by Yorkielass1

Hi

I just read your reply and you seem to be in the know when it comes to Leeds.

I am coming to Leeds, from Hull and when I normally visit I go to Fruit cupboard, I really fancy going on New Years eve but the telephone number for the place just rings and never answers, I assume that it will be a ticket event and don't want to go all the way and find that I can't get it.

Any suggestions or help gratefully accepted!

Becks

Travel Tips for Leeds

Leeds Tip

by hayward68

I went to Leeds to spend time with my aunt and uncle who were on holiday there. Two of my cousins live in Leeds with their families and this was the first time I would meet them.
This pic is my cousin Angela and her son David, and the cat :)

EAT AND DRINK

by alyf1961 about Browns

Browns is located within the Leeds Light on the Headrow. It is one of the many banks turned into pubs and clubs in Leeds. This one was once the Leeds Permanent Building Society. It is a restaurant/bar. Open 10.00am - 11.00 pm everyday [closing at 10.30pm on a Sunday]. It gets very busy but it does not have loud music that you get in most other Leeds centre pubs. The dress code as with most of Leeds centre pubs is smart casual with no trainers.

Fat Franco's, just outside...

by MD2

Fat Franco's, just outside Leeds in Horsforth. Excellent italian food, catering for most budgets, depending on how rich you're feeling.
DarBar in the centre, just at the side of Debenhams, does excellent indian food.
Sala Thai in Headingley is also well worth a visit for top thai food.
range of prices The italian cold meat selection starter is awesome, also love the seafood salad.

Victorian civic pride

by CliffClaven

The architecture in most northern towns in England tends to reflect the ideals of the Victorian age in which much of it was built. Leeds Town Hall is no exception. Completed in 1858 and opened by Queen Victoria herself, the building is a monument to civic pride with its solid, imposing columns and soaring clock tower. Now used for concerts, it is still the symbol of the city.

Riverside walk

by traceyspacey

I kept seeing signs for the riverside walk by the river aire and I thought that I should take a look. Because of our wonderful British summer I didn't go to far as rain was on it's way. It is a peaceful walk and you feel that you are no longer in Leeds. I saw some pretty flowers and beautiful butterflies. I have tried finding information on how far and where the walk takes you, not getting very far.

Make sure that you wear sensible shoes as part of the path is gravel and mud.

Comments