De Vere Oulton Hall Hotel Leeds

Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 46% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Beautiful Mansion in Leeds

The first moment I arrived here, I was awed by the place. This estate converted into a hotel holds a huge mansion of 152 rooms and Oulton Park golf course. The building itself is probably over a hundred years old and is typically furnished in English theme

My room had a foyer that connects to the bathroom and bedroom. The bed was beautifully decorated and comfortable with many pillows and compete with the usual TV & high speed internet. The bathroom was of average size and complete with the usual amenities

More about De Vere Oulton Hall Hotel Leeds

Classic English restaurant

by BorneoGrrl about Bronte

Bronte restaurant is located in De Vere Oulton Hall Hotel, and I've been told that it has received the Rosette Award. You can expect French and English cuisine while enjoying the very English environment. I can't remember what I had but it was a pork dish and it was good. They also serve house wine which is pretty good. However, the service is a bit slow and they got some of our orders wrong

Fawlty Towers

Lovely public rooms, very average bedrooms.Tried to have afternoon tea on first day but had to search for staff who never made eye contact.They would forget spoons etc then had to search again for them.Dinner on first night was hilarious, the young staff were lovely but clueless.Breakfast was same again with them running out of things and everything swimming in grease.
The adult only swimming hour in the pool was full of children.
Oulton Hall took on more guests than it had the capacity to deal with and having stayed at other De veres I was very surprised at the lack of service.
After the initial shock we did get used to it and found it quite hilarious and entertaining

never again

by TripAdvisor Member trewhitt

I had to ring 3 times before they gave me the interconnecting rooms I asked for - I should have took this as an omen. This hotel is supposed to be disabled friendly. The car park at the front of the hotel, nearest reception, is small with no disabled parking bays. Then you have to climb a steep incline which is lopsided. My husband had to support me at the side while the children pushed my electric scooter as it was'nt powerful enough to get up. We arrived at 4.10pm, check in time was after 3.00pm, the childrens room was'nt ready for another 30 minutes. The cold water bath tap in our room could'nt be turned and the shower tap in the childrens room, came of in my hand. The cover on the standby switch on the tv was missing showing the circuit board. The childrens room had a table but ours did'nt so when we asked for one when we ordered dinner in our room they brought a fold up trolley which kept collapsing and the crossbars were covered in thick grease. We asked for the all the courses of the meal to come together but they completely ignored this (more tips, I guess)
The duvet cover had an 18" tear in it. During dinner reception rang to say there was a problem with the credit card so could we settle it now with cash or another credit card, At this point we only owed £70 as we had already paid a deposit. When my husband went down it had been sorted. To end this stay on a highlight, my 9 year old son found an empty packet of condoms under the bed. This hotel used to be 1st class but is really just a business mans stopover. I've stayed in better 3 star hotels.

nice, but not 5*

This is a nice hotel, rooms are reasonable size but it really is not up to 5* standards in my opinion!
Don't stay here if you are wanting a hotel close to the city centre (for shopping etc) as it is quite far from Leeds.
The breakfast is buffet style and was up to scratch (lots of choice).
Nice grounds and staff are friendly.

Fawlty Towers II

by TripAdvisor Member kevnick80

Where to start!!!

The first time we stayed, we stayed in one of the large suites, the swaledale suite. It was excellent, fantastic rooms and comfortable bed and amazing views.

We returned in two weeks and stayed in a queen size deluxe room, as we could not get a suite. What a letdown. The bed was nowhere near a queen, but we were told it was. we looked out onto a brick wall.

The broadband would not work, everytime we tried to connect it told us our room was not occupied!! So we phoned reception numerous times to query it and were told it would be sorted. 5 days later and after numerous attempts and being told it was sorted, it wasnt.

We had room service breakfast each morning for 7 days, and quite a few dinner room service. EVERY time, there was something wrong with the meal. no toast, no cutlery, no milk, no cups, no sauces, no butter, only one meal, always something wrong. So we had the manager to come up and see us and to tell him what we thought. Next day, we received our breakfast, and what a difference. everything was perfect. but did it last - no!! We moved rooms for the next two nights (complimentary after all the problems) and the problems started again.

This hotel is a 5 star, but i would put it a good three star and at a push, 4 star. will have to look out for another really good hotel as we will not stay here again.

Loved this hotel

After viewing what people had written about this hotel, I was worried about staying there. But I needn't have worried. The hotel was out of this world and I loved it. Our room was spacious and well decorated. Everything in the hotel was very clean and staff were very friendly and effecient fixing our leaking shower promptly. We didn't eat in the Bronte restaurant but found Blayds did lovely food and had a relaxing atmosphere- there could have been more staff to waitress though. The beauty area was amazing and I would definately recommend a visit there if you stay. If I go back to Leeds again I will certainly book again.

Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Yorkshire78

Very nice hotel, room was large and spacious. Staff were extremely friendly and courteous.
Food was excellent - both dinner and breakfast. My only gripe was the bar prices!!! But probably only what you would expect from a 5* Hotel.
Check in and Check Out was fast and hassle free.
Definitely not Faulty Towers, really don't know what the people that have complained were expecting

Excellent Anniversary Break

We were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived until we left. My wife enjoyed using the beauty salon while I used the gym. We dined in the hotel restaurant one of the two evenings and also used the dining facilities in the leisure club area, both of which were very good. Because of the half term holidays there were a number of children using the pool but this was confined to certain times of the day, allowing the less boisterous swimmers to enjoy the calm water.

Food let it down badly

by TripAdvisor Member c1067zx

Extremely impressive grounds, and concierge on arrival. Rooms clean and comfortable. Spa treatments very reasonable in pleasant surroundings, but would have preferred peace and serinity, rather than constant chattering, the massage was however extremely good. The food let this hotel down badly, we were lead to beleive dinner was included in the price, only to realise on checking out that we had a £25 meal, and the st meal was £30, we did find this a bit misleading, made worse by a one and a half hour wait, extremely poor food, and an Irish restaurant manger, who was extremeley rude and felt that this was not an issue. This was unfortunate, as the majority of the staff were extremely pleasant and curteous, and I would certainly go again, but I would Eat at the pub on the roundabout!

Comments