Etap Hotel Leeds Centre

Crown Point Road, 2 The Gateway North, Leeds, LS9 8BZ, United Kingdom

Ibis Budget Leeds Centre
Priceline.com Booking.com ibis Budget

• Prison Like

With no exaggeration, I can say that I genuinely imagine many prisons would offer comparable comfort and decor. I didn't book expecting luxury, nor do I require it, but without a doubt this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Hairs on the bed sheets, the noises of couples having sex echoing along the corridor through the paper thin walls and a cold, grey plastic room that made me miss all of the dirt cheap and highly questionable hostels across Asia ive stayed in over the years.

I will not stay in an Etap again, wouldnt recommend it. If I need budget accomodation in Leeds again, I'll happily try my luck in a hostel.

• chipper99's Profile Photo

terrible

I STAYED HERE LAST WEEKEND AS A FRIEND HAD BOOKED IT FOR ME AND A GROUP OF FRIENDS. IT WAS TERRIBLE. I HAVE STAYED IN LOADS OF BUDGET HOTELS AND NEARLY ALWAYS HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE BUT THIS WAS JUST HORRIBLE. IT IS THE MOST BASIC HOTEL AROUND. THE ROOM HAS NO STORAGE, THE TOILET IS IN WHAT CAN ONLY BE DESCRIBED AS A BROOM CUPBOARD, THE SHOWER IS ACTUALLY IN THE ROOM WITH A FROSTED GLASS DOOR. MAYBE THIS WAS THEIR BUDGET DESIGN BUT WHAT YOU CANT EXCUSE IS BROWN STAINS ON THE WALLS OF THE ROOM AND STRANGE STAINS ALL OVER THE CHEAPEST CARPET AROUND. ALSO, AT LUNCHTIME ON MY SECOND DAY, NOT FIRST THING IN THE MORNING, BUT LUNCHTIME, I WALKED DOWN THE STAIRS AND PASSED 2 HUGE PILES OF VOMIT ON DIFFERENT FLOORS. SURELY THIS COULD HAVE BEEN CLEANED UP BY THEN. I COULD GO ON BUT I WONT. NEVER AGAIN.

Directions: AREA IS NICE, GREAT PUB ACROSS THE ROAD, HOTEL IS RUBBISH.

More about Etap Hotel Leeds Centre

oh my goodness

by TripAdvisor Member tobin_7

On arrival at this hotel it looks like a new building so first impressions are that it probably will be clean and inexpensive, how wrong I was. The first room we were given had not been cleaned and had take away food all over the walls, bed etc, after going back down to reception in 'the lift of doom' (you go where it wants to go) we were given another room but were told we would have to make the bed, everything took ages to sort out as all of the staff had English as a second language and were very surley and deviod of manners. On making up this second room I leaned to tuck a sheet in and was HORRIFIED to find a multitude of USED CONDOMS. If you want cheap accomodation where hepititus is an added bonus this is your type of hotel, if you prefer good manners and no condoms avoid Etap Leeds.

Cheap, Cheap, and Cheap.

by TripAdvisor Member M4RKM

I've stayed here so many times, i've lost count.
It's cheap, it does the job of give you a bed for the night, and that is all it does. For me, I use it when i'm hitting the town for the night, so I don't have to end up paying cab fares into leeds and back home!!

Park the car in the council car park opposite (free after 6pm!) and then go out for the night.

Sometimes it might be a little noisy, but i don't normally let that bother me.

If you need a place to crash, choose here, if you want somewhere to pamper you with loads of extras in the room, don't bother.

Cheap and Cheerful

by TripAdvisor Member acciomen

A fun cheerful hotel, beds are a little on the concrete side :-) but the rooms were very clean.

The hotel seems to attract stag and hen partys at the weekends, which isnt a problem as long as you like waking up at 4am to the sound of fire alarms and then again at 430 and again at 5. But apart from this, the hotel, is clean and is excellent value at just £32.00 per room which can accomodate upto 3 people.

These rooms are only suitable for close friends and partners etc due to the showering facilities, i.e. you step out of the shower unit into your room.

The breakfast is good value at £2.95. Unlimited croissants, toast, cereals, tea coffee and juices.

Staff are foreign and friendly and a little confussed sometimes, but all this adds to the quaintness of this hotel :-)

Good at the price

by TripAdvisor Member pumbahawes

If you want a luxury hotel this is not for you. if you want a hotel within waling distance of the city centre it is spot on! The other writers have mentioned cleanliness and I agree a little bit. There was some dust in the room and the mirror was a bit splashed but other than that it was alright ( I have stayed in worse 4 or 5 star!). There was very limited noise and it was a police siren that work us in the morning. The room is large enough to use and there is hanging space for going out clothes. The shower situation isn't as bad as made out. Yes you step out into the room but the glass is well frosted. To note though, the towels aren't that big. If you are sharing with friends and don't want to show off all your bits, take a towel. We did like the security at the place. When we returned there was a guy on the door asking for room numbers and names. This stops any unwanted visitors. Maybe this meant that the place is now a bit quieter. Going back to the cleaning, considering we went last night (sat 29th) and the hotel was fully booked (238 rooms) they do pretty well to turn them all around in the time they have. You don't have to check out until noon but you can get your room then as well! £32 for a city centre hotel, spot on!!

Failed to meet our low expectations.....

by TripAdvisor Member holidaymadUk

I really wish I'd checked TripAdvisor before I stayed at this hotel :-(

We booked here for one night as my husband and I were going to a party in Leeds centre, and were attracted by the location of the hotel.

We assumed the hotel would have parking, but when we arrived the surley receptionist told us to park the car overnight at the multistorey NCP. This cost another £14, although it is only about 3 mins walk from the hotel.

The hotel is basic, and pretty much all we needed was a clean bed and a hot shower. I can't complain about the cleanliness of the room, although people had clearly been smoking in the toilet in the past so it smelt horrible. However, there was absolutely NO HOT WATER due to the boiler being broken, and no apology from reception. Not a great way to start your Saturday night out after three hours on the road.

After the cold shower, we tried to use the aforementioned 'lift of doom' to get from our fourth floor room. The lift took us to every floor up to the 9th before decending.

The next morning, we were woken by a group of people that clearly actually use the hotel as their home, enjoying a noisy breakfast on the fourth floor lobby which they use as their makeshift kitchen/cafeteria....... We then tried again to have a shower, to find that there was still no hot water.

This hotel was cheap, but I would still rate it as terrible value for money. DON'T STAY HERE - pay a little bit more for some hot water and some sleep somewhere else!!

Don't go here if you have mobility problems!

by TripAdvisor Member mandy348

I have just spent my first, and probably my last , night at the Etab hotel in Leeds. I knew it would be basic, as it was only £34.95 a night (including buffet breakfast) but what I wasn't prepared for was the total lack of consideration given to disabled travelers like myself
I live in Hull and work in Leeds and have a spinal injury that means I have to use crutches. It was our company's Christmas party last night and, not wanting to drink and drive ,I booked into the Etab as it was relatively near the restraurant we were eating in.
I pulled in to the drive of the Etab and went into register and to find out where I could park my car. I was told that I could not leave it outside the hotel (despite my blue badge) and should turn left and then right and park my car in what turned out to be a public car park. I won't go into how I ended up driving half way round Leeds as the signs told me I couldn't turn right, or the fact that the car park suggested, was next to a restarant and a pub and was consequently full and how I ended up having to park in an NCP much further away which cost me £14!!! and which meant a 10 minute walk back to the hotel in the dark, on crutches and trying to manage a suitcase as well!
The staff were very nice but failed to tell me that they had an agreement with the car park that would have saved me £7, nor did they tell me about the need for a deposit for a television remote ( there was no information in the room to tell you this) and to be honest by the time I got to my room, which was on the 6th floor, I was so tired I was past caring!
The room was spotlessly clean but, having returned from my meal, I struggled several times tgetting up and down changing channels on the television, and took the skin off my hands due to the artex covered walls in the extremely small toilet (which had no grab rails) I gave up and went to bed - which, incidently was extremely hard!
Perhaps they have designated rooms for disabled travellers - if so I was not offered one, though it was obvious that I am disabled. You certainly couldn't get a wheelchair into the room I was in, and trying to transfer anyone from a wheelchair to the toilet would have resulted in very scraped hands and possibly bottoms as well!
Breakfast too was disappointing, I had to wait for a knife as they were all in the dishwasher! And I had to transfer my breakfast item by item to my table as I cannot manage a tray and noone offered to help.
Perhaps I should have rung up and checked Etab's suitabilitiy but thern again why should I? I assumed that as it was a new building it would have automatically have taken disabled clients into account - obviously not. My recommendation - if you have mobility problems don't bother to stay at the Etab

Staff need customer service training

by TripAdvisor Member inder037

I booked online, thinking everything had been done and dusted. I rang up a day before to confirm the room was booked. When I got to the hotel the next day the woman asked me “would you be paying cash or card?” I said to her I booked online and paid via my card “she said no you only booked it online, you need to pay on the day” I then said “well why did it not say that when I booked?” she said “I don’t know” so I waited five minutes and spoke to someone else, explained to her what had happened and she said I could pay by cash but I needed ID. I explained to her I had no ID on me, she then started to cancel my room I said “no wait I did not tell you to cancel my room” she added “no ID no room” then I said “sorely when people book via the internet it should state that you have to pay when you get to the hotel” she said “yes that is something we will look into, now walk trough that door on your way” she was talking to me like I was a 5 year old kid I was not happy with this service they should state everything on the internet properly, I have since spoke to several people who had the same problem. Okay it is in a good spot it is cheap but trust me you don’t want to stay at etap!

You get what you pay for

by TripAdvisor Member Coghlans

The hotel is as per the previous reviews, basic and cheap but was clean. Was disappointed that it was continental breakfast as I was looking forward to a nice fry up. Was ideal for me as I was in Leeds for the Walsall Game and just needed a place to rest my head. Hotel got noisy around 5.00am when some stag and hen parties returned but it didnt last for long. Hotel could do with a bar and a proper seating area for food, the area we had our breakfast in was like a canteen. Overall for 40 pounds for two people it was fine and I would stay there again but only as place to rest my head after a few pints

Cheap & Convenient

by TripAdvisor Member weenireeni

Ok it's not the Ritz, but it was clean, good location for town and and it's very cheap!

Rooms are small but functional, we were on a night out and just needed somewhere to sleep when we got back.

Beds weren't too bad, but we were very tired so could have slept anywhere!

Staff very friendly and helpful

Comments