Jurys Inn Leeds

Kendell Street, Brewery Place, Brewery Wharf, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 1NE, United Kingdom
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 37% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Jurys Inn Leeds

Fantastic! Great service, location, rooms... i could go on!

by TripAdvisor Member AJT80

FANTASTIC - We have just returned from a short stay at the Jurys Inn Leeds. In Leeds to do some XMas shopping we decided on the Jurys Inn for the price. Arriving early on Thursday (10am) there was no room ready, the receptionist who could not be more helpful offered to take our bags and advised us that they should be able to have a room ready in 20 minutes or she could take our bags if we prefered. We chose to have a coffee in the bar and wait for the room. Before we knew it the receptionist was in the bar with the room keys for us! We went to the room which was immaculatly clean, a good size and very comfortable. After a long day shopping we returned too tired to go out to eat so decided to eat in the hotel. We went to the restaurant at about 7pm, it was very busy but after a warm reception we were shown to our table. The menu's (al a carte and TDH) were varied and the food and service were excellant. the restaruant was very comfortable and the staff were great, very helpful, chatty and friendly. On the Friday night there were some groups in but we certinaly did not experience any of the noise problems i have seen mentioned for this hotel. On departure we again received the excellant service by the reception staff who again offered to take our bags if we required. In summay: Price - i have paid a lot more for a lot less! this is value for money. Location - perfect close to town and the station. Staff - could not be more helpful or firendly. Rooms - spotless and very comfortable (great showers!). All in all - cheep, friendly and comfortable.

Avoid if you want a quiet break

by TripAdvisor Member Libbee

We had stayed here three times previously and had really good service, however when we last stayed in June it had really gone downhill. The staff were rude and didn't speak very good English. Our room was mixed up and they were very slow to help - not good after a 4 hour journey on my own with 2 children under 4. I ended up having to call the people I booked the room through online to sort it out. It appears they have decided to take lots of large hen and stag parties - great if you are planning one, not so good if you are away with your children. We had a huge row in the corridor outside at 3 in the morning, then the people on one side got in about 3am and played loud music, and then the people on the other side got in about 4.30 and did the same. When we checked in people were carrying stereos and volume and time was never mentioned. The breakfast was good, although open late on the Sunday. As they have 10 floors I don't know why they didn't put families and older couples (who looked as annoyed as we did, especially as they had badges on saying they were in /britain on a National Trust trip) on a seperate floor to the party groups. Furthermore, we left a baby blanket behind and when I rung I was told it would be referred to housekeeping who never called back. I have since been told that Jurys are specialising in group bookings at weekends, so if you want a quiet break avoid! Such a shame, as it is quite no frills, but a good location - we will never book again!

Lovely clean hotel

by TripAdvisor Member nickynoonoo

We stayed at Jurys when we went to see Robbie at Roundhay, First impressions were the room was spotlesslty clean, decent size and very comfortable. Nice reception and lovely bar area. Out only problem was that we were in a room that had an ajoining door to another room, and at 3am the occupants next door (6 or 7 Irish & geordie lads)came back & started to party. Smoke (in our non smoking room) was soon filling our room, coming under the adjoining room. The noise was unbearable, and none of us got any sleep. It took 4 phone calls down to reception to get the noise stopped (at which point I think they were asked to leave). It was nearly 6am before we got back to sleep.. They did give us complimentary breakfast the next morning, which was very nice. I suppose what happened was beyond the hotel's control, but perhaps it could have been resolved a little quicker. Apart from that everything else was great.

Asked for and got quiet room so okay

by TripAdvisor Member Pavement-Walker

I booked a Fri/Sat in this hotel several weeks ago and was not happy to see the comments about noise and stag/hen parties. When I arrived I asked the reception clerk for a quiet room, specifically mentioning that I did not want to be near large groups such as stag/hen parties. He smiled and gave me a small room on the top, tenth floor. There were a number of minor annoyances (heating controls did not work, bathroom fan never stopped, passcard only worked once and had to be replaced etc) but it was QUIET. No noise, no 3am drunks in corridor, so perfect as far as I was concerned. In the lobby there WERE lots of single sex groups each evening so I am glad I got a quiet room.

The location of the hotel is great if you are going to the West Yorkshire Playhouse as I was - out of the hotel, over the new pedestrian bridge, five minutes to the bus station, through that and the WYP is in front of you. Central Leeds is not that big anyway so it is easy to walk around. There is a free bus running in a large circle around the centre but I just walked. There are not many restaurants and shops immediately around the hotel, this new development is still very fresh and empty properties abound. But there are several places to eat just over the bridge.

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Tink28

I have stayed at Jury's in about 8 times and have had a fantastic stay each and every time. The staff are always helpful and friendly, rooms are always very clean and spacious. The view from the rooms are nice as you can look out and have a view of the skyline of Leeds and also out onto the canal. I feel it is in an ideal location, with bars and resturants just outside the hotel and a 5 minute walk gets you into the Centre of Leeds for more pubs, resturants and nightclubs. I now only book at Jury's Inn when staying in Leeds as it is a good price, the hotel is always clean, bar and resturant prices are fare and it is in a good location.

Could NOT be faulted!

by TripAdvisor Member Traveller24th

We have just returned from a few days at Jury's Inn, Leeds. The hotel is really great and we have never experienced such incredible service before. It was so lovely that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the hotel to go to the shops in Leeds to do our Christmas shopping. It was so bustling in Leeds that we couldn't wait to get back to the peace and tranquility of the hotel.

The rooms were clean and tidy and accommodating. Every walkway, lift, the lobby etc were all clean and tidy. The staff were very helpful with any query or request we had. Every member of staff we met were polite and conscientious. Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in on a city centre break and I am extremely fussy! If you want to mix a little luxury with shopping then this is an absolute must.

Perfect Location, very good

by TripAdvisor Member Piglet06

Went up to Leeds for a girls weekend in october and I could not fault the hotel. They allowed us early check in at 11am, the rooms were spotless and the beds comfortable. It is not a quiet hotel, i would not reccomend it for older couples but as 5 26+ year olds it was perfect for a fun weekend of shopping, eating and dancing! The area has really been done up nicely with pretty walkways over the canal and nice bars and resturants.

As Good as You'll Get

by TripAdvisor Member uryjm

This is a fairly new hotel, tucked down near the south side of the city centre, but close enough to walk there. The rooms are big and spacious, with more of a business feel to them than anything else. I'd no complaints. Downstairs you can access the internet for free on your laptop via the hotel wi-fi connection, which is handy, although you can't do the same from your room.
I thought the lobby was fairly smoke filled and they could have emptied the overflowing ashtrays a bit faster. The seating, which is like a country manor's library, is a bit odd too - for a modern hotel, it feels a bit incongruous.
Dinner in the hotel was fine, as was breakfast which is a help yourself buffet. I didn't particularly like the plastic trays and the overall feeling that you're eating in a work's canteen, but the food is fine.
Overall, this is the best value hotel in Leeds I've found. It's not up to the same standard as the Marriott or the Malmaison, but neither is it in price! I doubt you'll be disappointed with as stay in Jury's.

Not so good

by TripAdvisor Member Richie2007

I stayed here recently for business purposes and was deeply unimpressed. The room was ok, although the heating system was noisy and didn't work all that well. I thought charging five pounds for an hour of net access was way over the top, considering the room cost 96 pounds. 24 hours access costs 10 pounds. There was no wireless net available in the rooms.

There's no room service either - if you want a drink, go down and fetch it yourself.

The staff are efficient yet frighteningly abrupt. I asked for a map of the city and a poorly photocopied and unreadable piece of A4 paper was shoved into my hand. I didn't dare ask for further directions.

The breakfast was abysmal. No nice buffet here, it's canteen-style service. Greasy fried eggs and bacon, cold toast, grey scrambled eggs. A 'fresh' fruit salad consisting of apples, oranges and tinned peaches. Cereal. Coffee from a not-so-good machine.

I won't stay there next time.

Good Experience and

by TripAdvisor Member EPDLondon

Stayed in Jurys inn midweek over 2nts, overall very impressed with general stay.
Not very familiar with Leeds but previous visits have stayed opposite end of the city. Cheap parking at Q park for £2.50. Like the open plan feel, very new and modern. Bedrooms were spacious and quick dinner service, chose the tray service idea and liked the fact they don't charge extorshinet prices . Liked the fact you could get proper coffee to takeaway in the morning from the coffee bar, saved me queing in Neros. Was suprised it is 3star as had a 4star first impression. Generally good all round efficient and friendly and for Leeds good value for money

Comments