4 Trevelyan Square, Boar Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 6ET, United Kingdom

Booking.com Marriott.com Expedia.com

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• mafootje's Profile Photo

Very well located

Upon our early arrival around 11:00 am we where welcomed friendly and could check in direct.

No complaints about the accommodation so far but then i wanted to try the free internet which was displayed as an amenitie. I could find it only the high speed broadband seemed to be available so i checked with the reception to ask which internet options there where. They where very clear that only the internet for a fee was available. Eventually later that day i decided to buy internet acces because i was very sure internet should be free. I went only and checked my reservation and noticed it really displayed free internet, also there should be premium movie channels, a flat screen tv, free non alcholic beverages. So around 4 pm i went down to ask for some explanation, the acces to the executive room (concierge lounge) was correct instantly. Still internet stayed a problem and they would contact me later in our room about that. The flat screen tv aren't in any room according to the staff that was a future amenity i was told.

Around 10 pm still no word of the manager and i noticed that pay tv also wasn't working. The said because i booked the room with a 25% discount it didn't have internet, the movie channels would be a misprint and pay tv should work. I could get another room but i decided not to do that only to be able to see pay movies. Again i was told the manager would get back to me unfortunalty that promise wasn't kept also. Even at check out no word only the question if i had used internet. I asked if any of my complaints where noted in my account and they weren't the manager then came to the desk and said he knew about the complaint. All he could do was saying he was sorry and promised a free upgrade on a next visit. I really can't understand why the staff didn't knew or tell about the free internet in the concierge lounge and the fact that the hotel fact sheet was wrong on so many points. Even more strange was that in the morning the manager told i should have had free internet. (even though just minutes ago the staff member wanted to charge me the internet acces which had been set aside).

Really the hotel is great but please inform about the displayed amenities on the website before you book if they are important for your choice of hotel. Onsite they really can't or want to help you if you have a complaint. The upgrade on my next visit is a nice offer but i really can't see me going back to this hotel again in the near future.

Unique Quality: We went up to the second floor and opened the door of our spacious room. Because we booked a larger room on the concierge level we had a king bed which slept excellent even the pillows where very good. There also was a table with a couch next to it and some apples. Beside that there also was a work desk. Although the room was directly next to a busy street none of the street noise could be heard inside the room. The hotel was right in the city center so shops, diners, eateries etc where on a walking distance. The breakfast which was included in our rate had a large choice of hot and cold foot and even some made to order options.

• DOUGALSMUM's Profile Photo

Ideal location as a base for a shopping weekend!

The Leeds marriot is ideally situated particularly if you are visiting for shopping and/or nights out. tucked away in a courtyard just off Boar Lane it is less then 5 minutes walk to the famous Leeds Market, and corn exchange. The city centre is literally on your doorstep so a plethora of shops and nightclubs are all just minutes away.

Unique Quality: The hotel is of a good standard with the added bonus of a small leisure club including swimming pool and sauna which guests of the hotel can use free of charge.There are a couple of restaurants, but to be honest I would only rate them as average apart from the breakfasts which are excellent-there are plenty of restaurants in the city centre, try those instead.
    The bedrooms are large and well maintained, but the truly exceptional bit about this hotel is its situation- the theatres, restaurants and shops are all walking distance, you need never set foot in your car for the whole of your stay.
    Plus ladies- no need to carry all those shopping bags all day- just pop back to the hotel mid shopping spree to put the bags in your room, its near enough

Directions: Driving on the city centre "loop" the marriot is in a coutyard on your left (just past the furniture shop on Boar Lane)
    Or 5 mins walk along Boar Lane from Leeds railway station.

More about Marriott Leeds

clean hotel,great location

by TripAdvisor Member bocey

this is your typical large chain hotel,everything you expect from one. the the location is a central as you could be.very clean hotel and the staff are very friendly.we paid £55 on a friday night for room only,at this price you cannot go wrong.for the amount of time we spent in the room,it was not worth going for an expensive boutique hotel.i would recomend this hotel to anyone, can't wait to go back.

Good value. Good location

Stayed for a Saturday night. £70 for two including breakfast.
Location is great - close to the shops and to the station. NCP car park (£11.50 24 hrs) close by. The room was reasonably well equipped - TV, tea/ coffee, mini bar etc. En suite with good bath / shower. Furnishings were in good order. Everything worked. I've stayed in nicer but not for that price.
There's a gym with bikes, running and rowing machines and weights - not huge but enough for a decent work out. Nice 12.5m pool.
A note arrived under our door to say that the breakfast room would be busy the following day so it would be a good idea to order room service breakfast. This arrived within the quarter hour time slot we selected, was excellent and was included in the price above with no extra charge for room service.

Great location, rooms ok, breakfast is poor

by TripAdvisor Member mazza_uk

The hotel is in the centre of Leeds in close proximity to the shopping areas, train station, business district, theatres and other points of interest..

The rooms are well-appointed if a little on the small side... a little stuffy but ok. The hotel gym is decent but it is also open to general membership, so it can get busy at times.

The "colonial" style restuarant "John T's" is in an old jewellery and watch store connected to the hotel.. the surroundings are pleasent, food is ok but not very authentic.. staff looked bored.

I wouldn't bother ordering room service here as it is very poor - you can pick from the two restuarant menus and the room service menu but don't expect your food to be warm or well presented. You also have to pay £2.50 for the privilege.

Breakfast is poor.. It is buffet-style hot and cold, you can't go wrong with the cold breakfast of cereal but the hot food is often over-cooked, dry and greasy. As previously mentioned by another reviewer, best to head to BHS across the road!

Could do better...

by TripAdvisor Member sammi-loves-shopping

The service for regular guests (as i was) at this hotel is impeccable.

However the rooms vary greatly in standard and the room cleaning is below standard.

The room service and dining menus are rather limited and the bar is open to the general public which is fine except when football matches etc are on as you cannot get a seat!

Beware of the weekend

by TripAdvisor Member only1eebo

Stayed in this hotel many times. It is a great location for a city break (West Yorkshire Playhouse is great). Good central location and an easy to find and secure NPC car park nearby. Room fairly standard stuff and the buffet breakfast is good.
My warning is for the weekender. This last time I stayed, there must have been one big (or several at a time) hen / stag parties staying there and being woken up at 2-3 am is no joke! The corridors were full of loud, drunken party people making their way back to their rooms following a night out. I would have expected the door staff to have told these returning guests to quieten down before using the lifts, but I suppose the hotel staff can't patrol the corridors as well. It spoilt an otherwise excellent stay.
I have to recommend the Mexican restaurant close to the Wardrobe Bar near the West Yorks Playhouse. They do a fantastic value pre-Theatre meal deal.

Good value, Gerat staff

by TripAdvisor Member Traveljunkie444

We stayed here for a night out in Leeds and found the Hotel to be fantastic!
The staff were excellent at check in, my friend mentioned we were here for my 40th birthday and the staff sent a birthday card up to my room!
We ate in John T's restaurant, the duck was good but the roast beef and Yorkshire pudding was SUPERB.
The hotel is close to the shops and bars so you don't need to walk far to enjoy all Leeds has to offer.
The full English breakfast was just what we needed the next morning! A great fry up! It was busy but the staff were friendly and helpful. We will definately be back.

Great time

by TripAdvisor Member olipom

We stayed here for the night whilst visiting friends in the city. To be honest, we didn't spend much time in the hotel, but the location is fantastic for the city centre. The concierge and reception staff are so friendly, and the public lobby and restaurant area is the most stylish of any Marriott I have stayed in outside of London! The bedrooms however, lack that 'wow' factor; though possibly this might change soon, as Marriott revamp all of their hotels worldwide. The king bed we had was superb - massive and very comfy. The room was suprisingly large, and also had a sofa, not just the normal small chairs! The only downsides I would say, are that the corridors can be quite noisy during the night, and the car parking is quite expensive - surely there should be some discount in the nearby NCP that the hotel uses? However, these are not enough to spoil what was a very nice hotel.

Smart and friendly

by TripAdvisor Member BWUK

Stayed here on business, a very smart, plush hotel with friendly and hard-working staff. The concierge and door-staff are really nice.

Impressed by the setting - in a leafy little square just behind a fairly main road, and literally a minutes walk from the railway station.

Food was good, with a good range at breakfast which is buffet style.

The room had all the amenities and was very smart indeed.

The only gripe was that the check in staff insisted we guarantee with our own credit cards, even though our company had already paid. When I mentioned that I didn't actually own a credit card, only a debit card, (due to an economy drive on my part!), apparently there was no other way for me to stay at the hotel! A business colleague had to kindly guarantee my room as well. Most strange, never happened before on other business trips.

Otherwise, a lovely hotel with everything you could need.

Comments