Moderno y estiloso hotel en el centro de Leeds

No 1 The Light, Leeds, LS1 8TL, United Kingdom
Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Moderno y estiloso hotel en el centro de Leeds

great weekend

by TripAdvisor Member 62MrsB

Had a brilliant weekend in Leeds.The Radisson was excellant and we would definately go back.We paid £90 standard room only but would definately pay for business room next time(better room,breakfast and free gym membership)The hotel was in a central location ideal for shopping and going out in the evenings.The negative was no parking so paid £15 per 24 hours in nearby shopping centre.Also like most big hotels drinks are expensive.But Starbucks and lots of cafe bars are in the same complex so there are alternatives.

excellent location,

Location: This really is a good central location, smack bang in the middle of the city centre and fab for shopping, eating out etc!

Arrival: I was asked for a credit card so they could validate it incase I had items from the mini bar, restaurant etc. I only had my debit card with me and was told that they would have to actually debit £50 from my account and then refund it on checkout. I explained that I did not have £50 on that card and was put in a really embarrasing situation, as the guy serving me just stood looking at me as though to say "not my problem!" In the end he accepted that i had no money but warned me that my mini bar will be locked (felt like I had done something wrong!)

Room: This was pretty average really. All in all it was a reasonable size room, contemporary decor, but small things missing - no soap in the bathroom, no bin bag in the bin etc.

Room service: We had dicky stomachs after ordering a ham and cheese sandwich and chips when we got in from a late night out - get a kebab instead!

Although the location is convenient and rooms are quite nice, I wouldn't pay to go here again and would rather visit the MalMaison.

Best hotel in Leeds, in balance

I really rate this hotel (and would generally choose a Radisson as a safe option in any city) and would always opt for it if the price is right.

Our room was on the 7th floor (unsure of the theme but seemed deco-ish like all the other Radissons) and was absolutely spotless and roomy, with great window shutters to completely block out light if required. The bar is a great place to meet friends; big, well-decorated, loads of comfy sofas, it feels quite elegant and you're not listening into your neighbours' conversation. The spa is a bit pricey (part of Esporta but being taken over soon I think) as it's not part of the hotel but very convenient as is the rest of the health club. There's a good bistro-type restaurant across from the door of the hotel and still within the plaza (Browns) as well as a juice cafe and a cinema. Outside the door are the great shops, bars, clubs and restaurants that Leeds is famous for.

Leeds is blessed with lots of places to stay, and I've stayed in quite a few... the Jury's is quite new and so clean and reasonable for the money; the Marriott is fantastic for the good b/b deals, around £55 a night; the Park Plaza is totally over-rated and will rip you off in a shot for the pleasure of staying in what looks and feels like an office building; the Malmaison is great as ever but expensive, and never provides a decent b/b rate (a pet hate of mine); the Queens is pretty run down but to be fair I haven't been there for a while.

So - perhaps a bit more expensive than the Holiday Inn or Jury's but it's a comfortable, upmarket stay, away fom the madness that Leeds can be at times. Enjpy!

Smart, spacious and friendly

by TripAdvisor Member overshadowed

Spent weeks and weeks in this hotel on business over the last 12 months.

Plus points:
Central location right in town centre
Friendly & helpfull staff. The friendly attitude of the Leeds staff is so very different from the experience that I often get inside the M25/M4 area
The big, modern rooms are great. Usually very quite, with rarely any noise from other guest's rooms
Smart building with wide open spaces

Minor downsides:
Gym & pool costs £5 day unless you are in business class
Gym & pool our just outside the hotel, which means you cant walk back from pool to hotel in your swimming kit !

Radisson does it again

by TripAdvisor Member a1_hotel_rater

The Radisson chain continues to impress me, I have now stayed with them in a number of hotels in London, in Poland and now in Leeds, their consistently high standards across the group, almost guarantee a hassle free and relaxing stay.

The Leeds Radisson was no exception to my experiences, the staff were courteous, the rooms were a good size, well decorated and supplied with an adequate amount of toiletries and hot drink supplies.

The only slight negative I can attribute to the Leeds Radisson is the slightly slow service from the bar staff, though it was rather late on a Saturday night.

I would very much recommend the Leeds Radisson.

Comments