Boar Lane, City Square, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 5NS, United Kingdom
Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Park Plaza Leeds

the good and the bad-a fair review

Having read so many mixed reviews I was slightly nervous about our stay at the park plaza hotel. After eventually finding the place (our fault, lost on the ring road!) we found it surprisingly easy to park in the recommended car park and walk the few minutes to the hotel. (Ignore all the moaning about the hotel not having its own car park-none of the city centre hotels in Leeds do and it really is 2 mintes away!)
Our check in was quick and efficient and the reception area is lovely, contemporary and clean.(If you dont like minimal style don't stay at this hotel) We booked a standard room and were offered an upgrade to an executive room for a bargain at the reception so we decided to go for it.
I was excited about the lovely executive room on the 18th floor but was dissappointed when throwing open the door. The room was very average in size, the decor slightly shabby and the chic minimal style seen elsewhere in the hotel was not evident. The main redeeming feature of the room was the bathroom that was modern and chic and was stocked with every type of cool little hotel freebie you could want.....shoe shine,sewing kit, mouth wash, slippers. The view was also lovely and it is definately better to be high up in this hotel.
In the evening we decided to grab a drink in the Chino Latino bar but we ended up staying for dinner once we caught sight of the amazing food! You must try this restaurant. It isn't cheap but it is worth every penny. The restaurant is again modern and trendy so if this is not your thing you would hate it! Lovely food, lovely cocktails and lovely staff.
Breakfast the following morning was standard but very good and worth getting up for.
Checkout was quick and efficient and we also recieved a discount voucher for the car park.
Is this hotel a 4 star plus as Expedia rate it? Well, the communal areas such as the restaurant and lobby are, however the actual rooms are definately not. Was I satisfied with my stay? Yes, especially as I got a good deal with Expedia however if I had paid the prices advertised in the reception I would have felt a bit ripped off.
If you love modern decor, trendy bars, being right in the centre of the shops and clubs and a little bit of luxury then this is the hotel for you. If you like the more traditional patterned wallpaper, brass lamp hotel then do not even think of booking this hotel.
The best bit is the AMAZING Bibis Criterion Restaurant that you pass on the way to the hotel from the car park. You MUST go in here even if it is for a coffee, just to take in the decor. You will see what I mean as soon as you walk through the door.

Lovin it!

I recently travelled to Leeds for my brothers 21st Birthday and required a hotel room for one night. After looking at several hotels in Leeds City Centre I came across the Park Plaza. Upon reading several reviews I was unsure, however after looking on the website I found it to look very nice so decided to book.
Upon arriving at the hotel I was extremely impressed with the lobby, the wall of light behind the desk is a real feature. Check in was very busy however the staff were extremely efficient and managed to get the queue down very quickly. When checking in the lady was extremely polite and gave me a list of options for improving my stay. I ended up up-grading to a suite for very little extra.
My room was on the 20th floor, when entering it I was amazed at how much space there was. With a spacious lounge area and then an even bigger bedroom the room was simply magnificent.
Extremely well decorated and had loads of those little bathroom freebies.
T.V wouldn't work at first so phoned reception. Sent up the duty manager who came up almost immediately who managed to fix it straight away.
Check out was equally as quick as checking in, no hassle, no fuss.
All in all, my stay was superb. The hotel is immaculate and the staff were both attentitive and polite. A pleasure to stay and will definately return soon.

lovely stay

upon arrival found reception staff to be vry efficient and curtious, gave map on how to get to car park which was 2 min walk. stayed on 20th floor. In room were all usual extras. the room was really warm and cosy lights were dimmed and room looked very clean and smart no flowers on curtains and settees like cheaper hotels also looked fresh and smelt fresh. on opening curtains we found the view on an evening to be a fantastic sight overlooking LEEDS. phoned housekeeping for extra robe and slippers they arrived within 10 mins. ordered a film on tv. had dinner in chino latino which was very pleasant. very quiet on a night duvet instead of bedsheets which were very warm and cosy bathroom also very clean. altogether a thoroughly enjoyable stay much nicer than another hotel in leeds which i had stopped at previously. would recommend park plaza to anybody wanting to stop in a classy modern hotel.

Nice, but not at full price

by TripAdvisor Member Jazzyjae

My husband and I just spent the week in Northern England. We spent a lot of time driving to various small villages, then driving back to our hotel at night. We went to Leeds after spending most of the day in York, had tapas, and thought it was too late to drive back, and thus found the Park Plaza. We didn't have a reservation and were told the only thing available was a suite. (Although I had checked an hour earlier and was told that they had single rooms available.) By this time we were exhausted and were willing to pay just about anything for a decent room. We paid $411 (US) for a suite on the 20th floor. The room was large, clean, and modern in decor. The hotel is nicely located near major transportation and shopping areas. We are frequent travellers and have stayed in many nice hotels (Four Seasons, Ritz, etc) and many horrible ones, this hotel just doesn't cut it for service. We couldn't even be accomodated in the hotel restaurant, because we didn't have a reservation. I was somewhat taken aback by this, having just spent $400 on a night in the hotel. We ordered room service, a pizza, which was extremely small, burned, and quite possibly the worst and most expensive pizza ($26) I have ever experienced. Would I stay at this hotel again? Probably, but I would never pay full price.

Hard to find by car, but worth the search !!

by TripAdvisor Member LeeSh08

Ok, if you are driving into Leeds, make sure you call ahead and know how to navigate the loop road system in Leeds - this hotel has a FANTASTIC location but the loop road makes it difficult to get to. However the front desk staff were extremely patient at directing us via the phone (they have obviously done this countless times).

However once we arrived, all the loop road frustrations became a thing of the past. The lobby is minimalist and white and chillout music is played throughout (perhaps the designer had to drive in too!!) The staff were very cheery and helpful and even offered us an upgraded room type. The only downside was that the car parking facility was off site and we had to actually get back into the car, however this time armed with a map !!

As we were going out for the evening we had room service - which was excellent. We also had a few night caps in Scene Bar in the lobby which actually stayed open for us !!!!

In the morning ourt request for a late check out was met with a knowing smile (we had been in the bar until 4am). Nothing was too much trouble.

Park Plaza has definately become my hotel brand of choice ..... we need one in Liverpool !!!!

warm reception for all

very central, staff go completely out their way to help you regardless of the time of day, especially for dietary needs in the beautiful thai restaurant, beautiful rooms with air conditioning, only downside is the gym is not fully equipped if you wish to use that facility, staff speak many different languages, very welcoming.

Oh dear, Look elsewhere, Rip off

by TripAdvisor Member Lobbygirl

The hotel was glorified, ive stayed in a lot better for the money. Look elswhere. I was in the executive room and i couldnt see what could have been less in the standard room, considering it was a 41/2 star hotel i was dissapointed.

Very Satisfied !!

Good service, great modern vibe; clean, sleak rooms and a VERY comfy bed !! I will definately recommend this hotel to all my friends. Just one thing, why do all hotels put the hair dryer no where near the mirror :)

Style over substance

The hotel is in a good central location and looks great but customer service leaves something to be desired.

I arrived at the hotel late in the evening after a long journey and then had to wait for the reception staff to provide a map of where parking was. The doorman immediately attempted to get the map for me from reception but wasn't allowed to by the reception staff. So ten minutes later after reception had dealt with the one person they were checking in I was 'allowed' a map.

On getting into my room I was impressed by the standard of decor but then found the television didn't work. Management were not able to fix it and told me no alternative rooms were available although I suspect this was more to do with the fact that it was gone midnight rather than that they were trully full on a normal Monday night.

Breakfast was average but then to top it all off I received a bill a week later for items from the minibar that I hadn't taken.

You get the feeling that the 'trendiness' of the hotel has gone to its head, give me old-fashioned customer service over sharp uniforms any day.

Unfriendly staff!

by TripAdvisor Member louisa.bobcat

We stayed for 2 nights in the executive rooms. The rooms were large, clean and quiet, and the location of the hotel is excellent for a weekend break. However, we all found the staff to be unfriendly and grumpy. Dont expect a smile!

Comments