9 Quebec Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 2HA, United Kingdom

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• NaimhBailie's Profile Photo

Boutique Treat

This is a very exclusive hotel. Only opened about two years, Quebecs is sumptuous, excellently decorated to fine detail.

It is probably one of the best places I've stayed and is right up there with the Savoy in London.

Check out the fabulous bathrooms, and the suites are to die for!

Service is exceptional. It is a must for those who seek a fine weekend away!

Unique Quality: The suites play on the word 'sweet'. Every suite has a unique quality and is named after the sugary pleasures.

I stayed in the Butterscotch Suite and everywhere in the room had large jars of Butterscoth sweets of all varieties: chewy, boiled, soft.... Mmm.

Molten Brown toiletries and a fabulous free standing bath, as well has a powerful shower, cd player and the most comfortable beds ever, make this place a special place to lay your head.

Directions: Right beside Jumpin Jacks or whatever you call that mammoth tacky nightclub.

Convenient to shops, nightlife and the train station is a stone's throw away.

More about Quebecs - a Summit Hotel

Frosty reception..

I decided to try Quebecs before I'd found this website. If I had, I probably wouldn't have bothered staying. I found the hotel staff to be curt and rude, the room I booked had clearly just had the ash trays removed to make it non-smoking, and the bed linen had holes all over it. For the money, this was not the experience I was expecting. Perhaps if I had had a suite my opinion would be different, but surely a 5* hotel ought to make all its rooms of a 5* standard, no matter what the size? As for the staff, manners don't cost anything now, do they? I shan't waste my money (which clearly wasn't good enough) there again.

Glad I ignored the reviews

I stayed at this hotel for one night while on business in Leeds.
My overall experience was first rate. The room was very nice indeed, spacious, very nicely furnished, beautiful bed linen.
Bathroom was also top notch. Spacious again and with excellent bath shower combo.
Breakfast was great, it is so nce to have your breakfast cooked for you rather than pick it out from under hot lights.
The hotel is a little unusual undoubtedly, but then it is boutique.
If you travel a lot, you should enjoy this hotel for its individuality.
For example, I enjoyed the idea of the honesty bar very much. I would rather it was there than not. Much like the Quebecs itself.

Sweet Suites

by TripAdvisor Member TraineeAppleTaster

Ok, its a year ago since we stayed at Quebecs, but I am in the process of going back through the places we've stayed recently, after finding this great site.

I am amazed at some of the negative comments on here, as this hotel is one of my favourites. I'd agree with negative comments about the parking, the lack of a restaurant, and bar (although the honesty bar IS a great place for a quiet nightcap in front of a real fire), but this IS a city-centre boutique affair, and there are dozens of eateries and bars within walking distance.

We had the Bon Bon suite, which was a great room - gorgeously comfy bed with Egyiptian cotton bedding, immaculate, modern marble bathroom and seating area with workstation and TV. It wasn't huge though, so I would imagine that the standard rooms could be a bit cramped. The best thing about the room though, was the ceiling, which went high into the roofspace of the turret you can see from outside on the road - great to look up at as you cuddle up.

The noise which some have commented on wasn't an issue at all, neither was the small reception. The conservatory breakfast was fine, and the service was efficient without being overbearing.

No, its not 5 star - I agree, but its luxury and its very different. From reading a lot of these reviews, it seems that those that stayed in a suite rate it highly, so pay the extra and give the faceless big hotels a miss next time you're in the best city in Britain. (Leeds lad, don't you know!)

Yes, I WOULD stay here again.

Definately not 5 star

Well, We stayed in this hotel last weekend and it is definately not 5 star. We were put into probably the smallest room in the hotel on the 5th floor right next to the lift (room 505). We asked for a change and were told to wait in our room, after 30 mins we went back to reception and after much discussion were given a first floor room which was adequate.
Unfortunately as someone else has written, you can hear all the reception conversations from this first floor room (room 107). Noise from the street was not a problem however. Only one bath robe in both the rooms we tried, fruit consisted of a bulk purchase of granny smiths and nothing else and to cap it all somebody had misread the honesty bar as a dishonesty bar and added two bottles of beer to our room number !
The service was certainly not up to 5 star standard and neither were the rooms with a smell of smoke in our room as well as burn marks in the bed clothes. The TV was on the floor so as to make it impossible to watch while in bed.

Let down by bathroom..

by TripAdvisor Member Cazwario

Hmmm, mixed experience at this place. Our room was very pleasantly furnished, if a little cramped. We'd often have to swap places to move around the room or get round the bed. The cheapest rooms are too small in my opinion but would be fine for solo business travellers, however the suites look fabulous in the brochure. Our room (311) had no bath, dont know if this is the norm for the cheapest room but every other room on our floor had one judging by the fire exit plan on the back of the door.

Nice touches included the fresh milk rather than little cartons of UHT (although you have to ring for it to be brought up) and the Molton Brown toiletries.

The breakfast was delicious, although a bit wasted on this hungover couple, with views from the breakfast room over the city. I liked being able to eat late (closed at 10am), seeing as we were there on leisure.

My main gripe was with the bathroom. The u-bend under the sink leaked really badly, the toilet didn't flush most of the time and the shower floods when you use the power shower. It had a second shower head on a hose and we had to use that instead. Oh, and the plug didnt fully close on the sink so the water drained away. Little annoying things that spoilt the stay a bit.

To summarise - nice breakfast, small room, poor bathroom. Oh, and there isn't an NCP car park opposite which they tell you on the phone, its at least a 5 minute walk.

Go for a Suite!

by TripAdvisor Member LikeSunshine

We booked a junior suite, which was basically just a big room, but it was worth doing so, as apparently the standard rooms are extremely small.

Everything about our room was perfect, apart from the noise from the street outside! It was a weekend, and there is a tacky nightclub next door, which created a lot of noise until 3-4 AM. After that, a massive truck turned up to clean the windows on the building opposite, and this went on for 2-3 hours, which meant that we hardly got any sleep!

Quebecs is a beatiful building, we had a great room (apart from the noise), and the location is good for Leeds city centre shops, restaurants, etc.

Our junior suite cost £150 per night, inc breakfast, which was also very good.

They have got to do something abou the noise though, as it was terrible, so make sure you ask for a quite room, if there are any?

An exceptional stay

I stayed for three nights staying first in one of their standard rooms, which was exceptional and then moved to a superior room which was spacious and very comfortable. I found the service people excellent and friendly. When I had missed the laundry they laundered my shirt in-house. Room service was good and the food well cooked. We booked this hotel on the Tablet Hotels website which I found exceptionally designed and user-friendly.

great, like being in my own room at home

by TripAdvisor Member adnil68

I was in Leeds on business in January and stayed at Quebecs booked via Laterooms.
I was in room 505 and I thought it was brilliant, just like staying at a friends house. Really cosy.
There was no obtrusive corporate literature placed everywhere telling you to put your towels in the bath if you wanted them washed or how to turn on the tv etc which I always find very impersonal.
Breakfast was good and the whole atmosphere throughout my stay was completely relaxed.
I would stay there again if I was in Leeds on business and probably if I was on a leisure trip with my husband, however, then I would like a bigger room with a bath if there were two of us foir a weekend.

Loved Quebecs !

by TripAdvisor Member Oscar1960

We stayed at Quebecs in Leeds for one night in order to visit our daughter who is at uni in Leeds. The location is excellent and although there was no space in the hotel carpark, we parked at the Station - £5.50 for 24 hours, it took no more than 2 minutes to walk to Quebecs.

Having stayed in lots of 4 star contemporary hotels, we did not initially feel that it had the extra something to make it 5 star. However, Quebecs soon worked its magic on us. The Oak Room is a lovely tranquil space with a good selection of newspapers, magazines etc., and a well stocked honesty bar. We could easily have stayed in there the whole evening!

We stayed in room 5007, which was larger than I expected, having read the reviews. It was a lovely spacious room, but, again, nothing that screamed 5 star at us. Having said that I had the best nights sleep for about 20 years! The bed was wonderfully comfortable and the traffic noise was just a distant hum due to the double glazing and very thick curtains. I would certainly stay here again and have just recommended it to my parents.

Comments