Whitehouse Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS19 7TZ, United Kingdom

Satisfaction Average

More about Leeds

CENTENARY FOOTBRIDGECENTENARY FOOTBRIDGE

Temple Newsam FarmTemple Newsam Farm

chicken tikka masalachicken tikka masala

CLARENCE DOCKCLARENCE DOCK

Where can I find free WiFi?

by Skereton

I do not have access to my credit card at the moment, and I need to find a place that has free wifi, or at least an internet cafe or some place where I can pay cash for internet use that I can use my laptop with.

I have been wandering downtown for hours and nobody knows of any internet cafes.

RE: Where can I find free WiFi?

by leics

1.26 miles
253 Harehills La
Leeds LS8 3RG
Tel. 0113 248 2277

Not certain if these still exist (just googled) but worth exploring, I think.

Travel Tips for Leeds

What is that smell?

by traceyspacey

If you find yourself around Brewery Wharf or the Armouries, you may wonder what the smell is. It isn't always there, but when it is you cannot miss it. The smell comes from the Tetley Brewery close by. It doesn't smell of beer to me, but that is what it is. We live close by, so we do smell it a lot.

Ripon, Studley Royal and Fountains Abbey.

by steventilly

Ripon, Studley Royal and Fountains Abbey.
About 40km due North of Leeds is the small Cathedral City of Ripon. The city itself is worth an hour or two to take a look at, primarily for the Cathedral and one or two nice shops. You can spend longer here if you like pubs, there are some nice ones, especially the Water Rat, alongside the river and near the canal.
Of maybe more interest though, is Studley Royal and Fountains Abbey, about 5km West of Ripon (see next entry).

New chinese

by BlueBeth about Red Chilli

The old cliche goes if there are chinese people eating there, then it's probably good... The cliche's probably a crock but in this case it was spot on! My boss at the time decided I'd worked so hard and spent so little time with my boyfriend that I should take him out for dinner and claim it back on expenses - such a nice man!
Anyway, we decided on here, we'd kind of watched the renovations going on before it opened and were curious. We had to queue to get in, but were invited to a drink at the upstairs bar (a little bit spartan but it has improved since). Once we got downstairs to the restaurant it was really, really busy with loads of different groups of people there.
So we ordered, and as it was chinese we ordered lots of starters. Big mistake! Everything was huge-we had no way of finishing it at all! Then they brought the mains - mine could have fed my entire family for a week!!

Now we know how to order we'll definitely be going back... Mud Donkey (no I don't know either but it was on the menu and we never got round to asking, please someone go and ask!!)

A BIT OF WHAT YOU FANCY....

by alyf1961 about SPICE QUARTER

A great place to eat if everybody likes something different or if like me, you like everything and cannot make your mind up.

The buffet consists of Thai, Indian, Italian and Chinese dishes.
Chefs, there were three the night we went there, cook naan bread, poppadoms, pizza and stir-fry fresh in front of you. The chicken Tikka Massala was delicious and the chocolate fountain was fun.

St John the evangelist church

by Airpunk

This church is the oldest in Leeds' city center and a good example for the transistion from gothic to renaissance style. It was built between 1632 and 1634. The stained glass is from the 19th century.

Comments