Trowle Common, Bradford-on-Avon, BA14 9BL, United Kingdom
Booking.com Priceline.com Agoda.com

More about Old Manor Hotel

Superb

by TripAdvisor Member simonpople

Have stayed a few times now, never disappoints me. Rooms are always excellent along with the staff. As for the restaurant, superb everytime. Great location for Bath, 15 minutes by car but the quiet of the countryside with great hospitality and food.

Superb Country Hotel, would highly reccomend +++++++

by TripAdvisor Member Atkinsonf

Me and my partner stayed at the Old Manor Hotel on 11th and 12th April 2008, we were greeted immediately at reception with warm smiles and we were made to fell welcomed sraight away We were then taken to look at our room by a very pleasant lady who explained a little bit about the Hotel. We stayed in Room 10 which was very roomy, clean and auththentic with its wooden beams. The restaurant is very nice and the food is delicious, we had dinner on both nights, also the staff are very attentive.
All in all we had a fantastic time and are hoping to book again very soon.
I would receommedn anybody who is wanting to visit Logleat Safari, Bristol Zoo or just have a quiet weekend away to book the Old Manor Hotel.

What a lovely weekend!

by TripAdvisor Member LEDSomerset

From the time we checked in, to the time we checked out we had a wonderful stay at The Old Manor Hotel. We met up with 4 other friends who are also seasoned travellers, and we all agreed that we had made a good find in this hotel. The staff were all very efficient and yet not too busy for a friendly bit of banter now and again! The food was superb - unlike some hotels we have used who include dinner in the rate, this food was a very pleasant surprise. Oodles of hot water and fresh bedrooms with plenty of tea/coffee etc. made the stay even more pleasurable.
We are planning to bring a different set of friends back to stay in a few weeks' time and I can't wait! Thanks to all!

Fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member Randalljay

We stayed in one of the suites so that might bias my review because the rooms are terrific. The building is wonderful - 17th Century and you feel like a guest at the "Manor". Staff were great and the food excellent. They also printed out an AA map to Lacock. Absolutely no complaints.

Lovely Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member maddietammy

My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful weekend break at The Old Manor Hotel near Bradford on Avon.
Perfect location to explore Bath and the surrounding area.
Staff were exceptionally helpful and pleasant.
We stayed in Room 9 ,a superior double and were very pleased with the antique 4.5 half tester bed. Ample tea, cofee, milk etc on tray in room, even cup a soup.
Lovely and peaceful, We had bed and breakfast on Friday and dinner bed and breakfast for Sat night . Restaurant is lovely and food is good. Service was excellent.
Breakfast was again lovely .Only complaint ,which isn't really a complaint ,is it finished at 9.30am. (We are not early birds, but were glad we made the effort to get up as breakfast was very good)
Definetely recommend this hotel for a delightful , peaceful, romatic break.

Overall good - a few 'buts'

by TripAdvisor Member ReviewerHerts

Upon arrival, we were very impressed - a lovely house and gardens, very friendly and helpful receptionist, lovely room with views over fields. The whole place has a lovely 'feel' - we really liked the layout of the dining room and seating/conservatory area, plus the outside space. It was also nice to have a bar available in what is a relatively small hotel. There were just a few little things that prevent us giving a higher rating - overall the service was very good, but there were a couple of let-downs. We found one waitress on Saturday evening a bit 'surly' to say the least - upon asking what she would recommend as a main course, her response was "well I'm veggie so I can't say" - the other waitresses were great however. When we requested room service on Sunday evening, we were told "it doesn't really apply to Sunday evening as we have a skeleton staff". The lady went on to say that "we can't offer what it says in the Room Service menu guide, but you could have something from the restaurant menu if you wish". When we asked if it really wasn't possible to even make a club sandwich, she said she would ask the chef "if we really want", but to be honest we were made to feel as if we were troubling her, so we declined. This isn't really the point - either the Room Service menu applies, or it doesn't! If it can't be provided on a Sunday, then there should be a note accordingly in the brochure! This just meant that we went off-site to eat, as we didn't fancy a full meal in the restaurant. We also noticed there was an ashtray on an outside table that sat full with rain-soaked butts all weekend. These might seem to some people like silly, unwarranted complaints, but it's quite often those little things that are most important. Finally, we would say that the hotel offers good value for money, and is in a very good location for visiting the sites in the surrounding greater area.

Fantastic Time

by TripAdvisor Member babe-in-the-city

We went to our friends wedding and we had an excellent time, the food was fantastic what a spread, the evening buffet was to die for plenty of food and well presented, the accomodation was excellent value for money.
I would say that this is one of the few Hotels remaining that gives traditional old fashioned service. Free Newspapers, Taken To Our Room, Laundry Service.
I checked Tripadvisor before we booked and there were some bad reports i think these people must have nothing better to do than moan as we found our stay fantastic.
Breakfast the following morning was fresh hot well presented and plenty of it.
We will be back I have contacted the Hotel to see there Wedding planner as this is where I would like to hold my special day what more can i say than that.

Will be back for sure!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member PEBBLES342

I stayed here in July for the weekend, and it was fantastic, beautiful and clean and the staff were very friendly and couldnt do enough to please. food was out of this world. obviously a well managed hotel. will certainly be back, cant wait!!!!

comfortable and friendly

by TripAdvisor Member busywoman11

I have spent a number of weeks here on business over the last few months and could not have been more pleased with the hotel. The rooms are out of this world, especially room 1 with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and amazing views of the countryside.

The food was not only of a high stardard but excellent value for money.

The staff at the Old Manor Hotel are some of the most accommodating people. They always have a smile on their faces and make time for everyone no matter how busy they are.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who finds themselves this charming part of the country.

Romantic Weekend

by TripAdvisor Member Mandy23

We really enjoyed our stay at the Old Manor. We stayed in one of the suites which was luxurious. However the TV was really old with not many channels, which was disapointing considering the cost of the room. The Bar & lounge area is charming, as is the restaurant and we thought that the food was excellent.
The Hotel grounds are very pretty and quaint. The staff were very helpful & friendly. We also thought that the 2 for the price of 1 tickets to Longleat were excellent value. We would definately recommend the Old Manor & would stay again.

Comments