3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• MarieGutscher's Profile Photo

Great Hotel if you can climb the stairs...

Right first of all - if you cannot climb stairs this is not the hotel for you. Now that this is out of the way on to the good stuff.

I met my husband here while he was on a military ex in June 2007. The service we received was very good. We never ate in the Squires Restaurant however, as we passed it to go out into the garden courtyard, the food smelled sooooo wonderful I can only imagine how it would have tasted.

The room was clean and comfortable and comparable to the size of many North American hotel rooms. The location of the room was in a quiet area of the building at our request. Our first night at the hotel there was a wedding was in progress complete with "disco" and we did not hear a thing in our room.

The bathroom amenities were of a 3 star rating and the water pressure in the shower/bath was fantastic!

If you are planning on visiting Stonehenge I would recommend staying in Salisbury at this central hotel. You can walk to many different pubs and restaurants as well as the downtown shopping area within a few minutes. There's a Marks and Sparks just around the corner!!

Its only 1 mile from the railway and bus station and a very cheap cab ride!

Unique Quality: The White Hart is a 17th century building thus, they don't have an elevator as they've kept the culteral integrity of the building intact...this is definitely an outstanding characteristic.

The hotel is situated in the centre of Salisbury overlooking the famous Cathedral. The hotel features the Squires Restaurant and Bar, a very nice lounge where one can relax with a nice cup of tea and offers free parking.

We had a lovely view of the parking lot! (At our request...it was quiet back there.)

I ALMOST FORGOT!! VERY IMPORTANT TIP:

There is a little sign next to the heated towel bar that says it gets hot...no...it doesn't just get hot...it gets really really really blasted hot! I scimmed my arm along the bar to reach for a towel and ended up with a brutal burn! If you have kids in the room - LEAVE THIS OFF!
    I don't know, maybe mine was defective...but I've never had a towel warmer burn me like a curling iron before!

Comments