Rokeby Guest House

3 Wain-a-Long Rd, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 1LJ, United Kingdom
Rokeby Guest House
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Rokeby Guest House

Friendly owners, beautiful gardens, great location

by TripAdvisor Member MilesToGo

The Rokeby Guest House is run by Karen and Mark who are very friendly and helpful. Our twin ensuite room was spacious, spotlessly clean and, being right at the top of the house, had a beautiful view of the back garden and surrounding hillside.

The included English breakfast was served to order and quite tasty. Breakfast is served in the conservatory. Free Internet service is also available in the conservatory. Parking is limited at the B&B, but there is some parking on the street.

The B&B is located in a quiet neighborhood right off the A36. Walking into Salisbury takes about 10-20 minutes and is an easy walk.

Rate in 2006, twin bed, ensuite @ £55 per night.

(--)

Lovely place

by TripAdvisor Member elrat

I can't rate this place highly enough. I booked on the strength of the previous reviews, and I was not disappointed. Every one was so friendly, including the lovely silky cat.

The real bonus was being able to sit out an relax in the beautiful garden after a long hot drive. Bliss.

Would defintely stay again!

by TripAdvisor Member MilesToGo

We stayed at the Rokeby B&B in May 2006. The B&B is located in a quiet neighborhood just off a main road and within easy walking distance from the center of Salisbury. Our room was right at the top of the house with a beautiful view out over the back garden and countryside. Our room was quite large, with a TV, desk, closet, ensuite bathroom and hospitality tray. Our included breakfast was very good and served in the conservatory. Free Internet is also available in the conservatory. Mark and Karen, the owners, are friendly and very helpful.

„Expect youth hostel experience, the place is below standard”

by TripAdvisor Member spooner_kevin

We travelled through South England for two weeks and stayed in nice and friendly and CLEAN places, but this B&B was definitely a negative example:
By reviewing the photos attached you will see that you will not get what is promised in the homepage.
The Rokeby guesthouse is located close to a main road with still a lot o traffic noise at night.
Instead of a double room we were pent-up in 3-bed room with no space to move. It was a private room so toilet & bathroom is outside in the well. The floor of the very small bathroom & toilet was made of wood and not clean (view photo), the boiler of the shower serves water not for two persons and stops abruptly. The toilet was difficult to flash. Out of 4 windows you only could open 2 windows to get some fresh air in the hot room.
As far as I remember Karen gives an outstanding example of improper behaviour, while we simply ask to change the rooms I’ve never been treated in such an unfriendly way.
The breakfast was passable, but with packaged goods. All things considered this is not a place to recommend.

A great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Chume

Charming people and a lovely guest house. I have been staying at the Rokeby most weeks Monday to Thursday since February and I find it comfortable, clean quiet and friendly. The rooms are spacious and you get a good nights sleep. I should know as I have stayed in most of the rooms during my stay. The house has charector it is I think Vicorian with a lovely garden and wonderfull conservatory. You get a good breakfast and the hosts are charming and will do all they possibly can to ensure you have an enjoyable stay. I will certainly go back there when I am next in Salisbury.
Chris Hume Ashford Kent.

Excellent Guest House

by TripAdvisor Member TREE31

The guest house was excellent. The owners were very friendly & welcoming. The rooms were beautifully decorated & well equipped. The breakfast was lovely & there was a good selection. All in all I thought it was very good value for money & would definately stay there again.

Fabulous Service - above & beyond

by TripAdvisor Member TravelCapl

We stayed at the Rokeby in August of 2006. It was a great stay -- on our first night in England.

We had one quad and one double. The quad was for myself, my husband and our two children. It was equipped with a double and a bunk bed. Great sleeping...quiet...bath had a wonderful shower with hot water and great water pressure. My sister and her husband had a double located on the third floor. We found the facilities to be clean , comfortable, and welcoming.

One of the best things, however, was the service. Prior to our arrival, I ordered discount train tickets which could not be delivered outside the UK. No problem - I contacted Karen and she said to have them delivered there...and she kept them in her safe until our arrival two months later! They also told us about the Saturday market, made a dinner reservation, and served a fabulous breakfast.

We did get lost finding the Rokeby, but I attribute that to jetlag...and a flight that was 4 hours late! Once there, there was room for us to park our van on the premises, drop our bags, and take the leisurely walk into downtown Salisbury.

The kids especially liked the back yard....and the cat ... very sweet.

I heartily recommend the Rokeby as a comfortable place to stay...with some of the best Inn Keepers we've met!

sky,s the limit

by TripAdvisor Member whalesharkuk

having just returned from a short break in salisbury and not ever writing a reveiw before, just wanted to spread the word about how fabulous the rokeby guest house is ! we have visited many hotel's across the whole of england,scotland, wales and some of europe, as we do like to get away from it all on our own just for a few days every couple of months to recharge. this time was different as we went as a family, booked a family room (double & single bed) and a double room (which had not only a double bed but two singles too). absolutely fabulous rooms, lovely decor, extremely comfortable beds, huge en-suite, no noisy traffic etc. proprieters were so helpful, welcoming and thoroughly genuinely nice people who cooked a delicious breakfast. the price for our stay was what we've previously paid for just one night ! we love to travel, visiting new places and have never gone back to the same place (except the maldives) but we will be returning to the rokeby and hope you in your travels look no further when in salisbury or surrounding areas than this very superb value for money excellent guest house.x

Ideal location, great breakfast and friendly owners.

by TripAdvisor Member Yogibearz

My partner and I stayed for one night at the Rokeby guest house over the Easter weekend. The Rokeby is less than 5 minutes walk into the main town centre, and the owners provide helpful directions and tips on local events. We we're immensely impressed with the quality of our double room with its beautiful and thoughtful decor, ensuite facilities, and four poster bed. Our huge bay window overlooked a gorgeous garden and also benefited from far reaching views over Salisbury. Above all it was very clean, quiet and the bed was very comfortable.

The guest house itself is stunning - the pictures on the owner’s web site do not do it justice - the double height conservatory leading off the dining room was an impressive design feature, as is the lovingly restored interior.

Welcoming owners, a beautiful building and a generous breakfast made using locally sourced products – definitely one of the best guest houses we have stayed at.

Adrian & Ranjit

Excellent Guest House

by TripAdvisor Member Wannabetogethers

After spending 2 nights at the Rokeby Guest House over 2007 Easter weekend, I thought it beneficial to all to post a review. The Guest House is impressive throughout, the owners Karen & Mark, were friendly, helpful and keen to ensure we enjoyed our stay. It's also very easy to find, and a great base for exploring in and around Wiltshire and beyond.

I contacted Karen prior to arrival, and she ensured everything was ready, helping us make the most of our trip. Our room was tastefully decorated, we had a very special en suite bathroom, and the scenery from the bedroom windows was stunning.

The full English breakfast made a welcome start to the day!Salisbury is just 10 minutes easy walk away, and there is a "real ale house" on the way - the Wyndham Arms, worthy of a visit.

We have every intention of returning, and would not hesitate to recommend Rokeby when visiting Salisbury.

Steph & Keith Thackeray