Swindon Hotels

Our Members Say

• tickytock profile photo tickytock
  • Reviews: 5

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ibis - Swindon: Nice Enough

I stayed here for a few nights in October 2006. The major downside of this one was that it was located about 1/2 and hour away from where I wanted to be, and the traffic was bad.

On the upside, however, everything else was picture perfect, and at a reasonable price. The room I was staying in could fit 4 people comfortably, and had a HUGE shower and bathroom, something I had become rather unaccustomed to seeing in Britain. Also unusual: the rooms at the back-side of the hotel had a a gorgeous view of a hill covered in baby sheep.

We (myself and the two other young women with whom I was staying) had a frightening encounter with a semi-inebriated older man outside of our corridor who threatened us repeatedly- however, after taking refuge in our room, locking the door and calling security, the hotel staff sent not just one but TWO security guys up to our room to personnally check and see if we were okay. We felt VERY safe there!

The bar was awesome, as were the people who worked there... they were friendly and open but not overbearing. They told us a lot about the World Cup, which was cool. The front desk people rocked, too! I requested no room service, so I cannot say much about that. Oh, and there are good elevators (for people who might want that) although if you need a small workout, I recommend staying on the top floor and taking the stairs ;)

BEAUTIFUL VIEW!!! The staff were THE BEST and awake 24/7... food there was yummy too! Bar staff were amazing, they recommended all sorts of strange British drinks to us.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average