White Hart Hotel

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • hotel theft

I stayed in this indifferent hotel in February 2007. In March, my credit card was billed with an extra £25 on top of the £45 room charge. When I rang the White Hart to enquire what for, they accused me of stealing their towels and bathmat!
    I am furious. I stole nothing whatsoever. The hotel made no attempt to contact me, to notify me of its accusation or to discuss it - simply helped itself to my money, and a letter to the manager has elicited no response. Neither have complaints to the local business and tourism organisations. I cannot believe a hotel is entitled to behave in this way, but my credit card company says it's powerless to withold payment and merely advises engaging a solicitor.
    As we all know, English hotels are amongst the most overpriced in Europe. But is this the only one that rips money off guests' bank accounts without even notifying them!? Has anyone else had a similar experience, is this a systematic swiz?
    Perhaps it's time Swindon was more appropriately christened 'Swindle'.

Unique Quality: The receptionist was in a tearing hurry to get his mitts on my credit card. When I asked why - he wasn't even sure they had a room yet - he said it was his first day on the job and instant card registration was 'policy'.
    The room was basic, the bar was scruffy and the atmosphere was chilly. The bathroom contained just one towel - which I did not steal!

Directions: Village main street.

Comments